Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What do you normally do while training skills?

cjp8900cjp8900
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in General Chat
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums here and just being curious, what do you do to get your mind off of training skills? Because it feels like training some skills to R1 is taking forever and its kinda driving me crazy.

Comments

• KroeneKroene
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    cjp8900
    cjp8900 said:

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums here and just being curious, what do you do to get your mind off of training skills? Because it feels like training some skills to R1 is taking forever and its kinda driving me crazy.
    I either listen to music or watch Netflix. Depends how much attention the skill requires

Best thing is knowing when to take a break. Burnout can really discourage you from resuming training later
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Either listen to music or watch movies/tv show/video or get in a voice call with people and just talk while training.
    I watched an entire show beginning to end while mastering support shot x_x shooting a zombie over and over and ovER AND OVER....
    pawcalypse
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Pretty much listening to stuff in the background.
    Like music, youtube, Netflix, or something.

Though I usually ended up waiting for skill training events before I even bothered.
    And even then, I'd occasionally get tired of training and take a break to actually watch what I was listening to.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I just do what I usually do. No rush to R1 everything for me.
    Unless I'm desperate, like the past mission point event.
    Either way I talk with my friend, a bit less boring.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Talk with someone or do something that's low in put but somewhat engaging. The latter may slow you down, but it's less boring at least.
  • cjp8900cjp8900
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Thanks everyone!
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    When I was training ninja last year,

I contemplated my life decisions, questioning why I would train ninja from 5am to 2:30pm with less than 4 hours of sleep and with a cold without any breaks. :U

When I train now,

I sleep during those long skill cool downs or when you gotta wait for the 20 stacks of materials in weaving to finish while listening to jazz. :3
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited December 22, 2016
    You know freeman's mind or doomguys mind from Ross Scott? ?
    I would put on loud music and completely mute mabi while running dungeons and stuff while yelling things at the screen
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I watch youtube videos or netflix or play my DS (Currently been breeding Vulpix's in Pokemon Moon)

I calculate the counts in my head and go from there.

So say if I need to kill something 500 times. I will maybe kill 150 things, stop and take a small break, come back 10 minutes later and repeat.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    depends what the skill needs
    if it needs a mindless keypress I'll put mabi on my other PC that is on my desk, and press the keyboard on the ground while I play another game, or watch videos, and check back now and then to see if I can rank it.
  • AichannAichann
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Like most listed above, I turn on music (Or my bf does) and I'll start grinding skills. We usually talk together so that usually helps. When I rank up a skill I like to try to stay in shape even after I play long hours so whenever I rank up a skill I'll do 20 sit ups and attempt 10 push ups (My arms are not strong). When breaks are taken its usually by either A. taking a nap or B. watching a show (Mainly been watching AHS with my bf)
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 22, 2016
    Well, since I typically spam Life Skills, I tend to spam making everything bit by bit, unless we have a Double Rainbow, then it gets painful because then I spam creation on everything I need to rank. Music that's not Mabi can sometimes be a must because some of the music is just too relaxing to keep me motivated (Hillwen Mines and Shyllien Reserve, I'm looking at you two). Also, if it rains in game, I have to get rid of that sound because even the synthesized sound of rain will put me to sleep.

Most importantly, set attainable goals so you don't feel like you didn't do anything if you don't manage to completely master or rank a skill. If you have only a set amount of time to do something, for example, try to meet one set of requirements for that training you're working on, and if you meet that, continue from there. I found that helped me with Engineering and Magic Craft.

Don't forget to take breaks.
    cjp8900Aichann
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Music or drag my friends to sit with me and chat
  • LleuadLleuad
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    grind my face against a wall as my skills slowly get experience as I use them, as it probably would be less painful.

Jokes asides, I talk with people, and share my grief, specially with people that already did it. And with people that didn't do it yet too.

I also tend to listen to music, sometimes.
  • GodisalexisGodisalexis
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    edited December 23, 2016
    I just listen to podcasts or commentaries on Youtube, maybe even the news, helps keep my mind off the torture that is skill training x-x
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    hmm... I normally train skills while training skills
  • RakRak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    I save Ap, gold, cash, etc, and wait for DR. It comes every so often, so I don't have to wait long. Once it comes, I train all the skills under the skill set at 16x or 32x training + respective badge. I've been maxing out whole skill sets in a day of DR. :)
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 23, 2016
    I trin my skills by playing the game... I'm such a rebel I know! What could I possibly be thinking by playing the game and just using my skills.
    Rukiya