Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hillwen Engineering

GodisalexisGodisalexis
Mabinogi Rep: 940
in Help
Does anyone by any chance have a little tip or trick to ranking up Hillwen Engineering? I'm trying to make myself the Milky Way Guitar, but I am only rank B, so i'll obviously need to rank it up a lot more to have an actual chance at crafting it. Anyone have any ideas on how to rank it up fast?
Sherri

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Magic Craft is just as difficult, any tips on both of them would be appreciated. ^u^ lol
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Double life skills pots are a godsend for Magic craft. I never tried them with Engineering but assume they work on it too.
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited December 23, 2016
    Purchase one of those Life Skill Booster Packs from the Cash Shop, they contain 7 One-day 2x Life EXP potions!

Here's the full list of items it contains: 5 Free Repair Kits, 10 Remote Bank Coupons, a Lorna Gold Box, 20 Muffins of Luck, 10 Production Failure Potions, 10 Speed Walk Potions 40%, 4 Potent High Speed Gathering Elixirs, 4 Recovery Boosters, 7 Double Life Skill EXP Potions (1 Day), and a Bunny Doll Bag.

Double Rainbow is also coming up, so you can get 4x training with the 2x EXP potion and the event!
    Sherripawcalypse
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    There really isn't a trick to it outside of having god tier patience,
    Imaizumibeesyruphead
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Adventurer Seals to turn into Training Seals help. If you're doing Magic Craft, spam Synthesis for Poison Herb (1x Base, 1x Blood, 1x Mana, 1x Sunlight, 1x White Herb = 3 Poison Herbs).

Also what Korore said. Life Skill pots and Double Rainbow.
    KingEphy
  • SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560
    edited December 23, 2016
    Hillwen Engineering and Magic Craft are both notoriously difficult, however Hillwen Engineering at least imo is the more annoying of the two.

Primarily because it takes a lot more brute force to clear a corner in the back of B3 if you don't have the strength to deal with shriekers(and golems), or a 322/Nimbus speed pet to lure golems away (summon pet, hit golem twice, send it to attack something on the other side of the map, desummon when the golem to displace is a good distance away).

For about 10~15 minutes afterwards you pretty much just have to wipe out all bison/shriekers until they stop bothering you while you mine, and then hope to GOD nobody meteors the back.

Not to mention unlike MC you also have to farm for cores to make guns, which if you don't have Prem. Service or VIP you'll get drop capped based on how many of what power level you hunt (Maximum of about 100 I think if you hunt mostly Awfuls/Bosses).

Unless you're REALLY dedicated, I'd find some kind soul to request making the guitah for you. I can make one on mari but I don't think yer on my server.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    My tip is to do everything but the skill. Which is to just really just hurr durr some skill seals out of events, daily seals, and buy them up with money if you're close enough to end game that the more efficient money making options are open to you.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    you can farm the big rocks in shyllien and hillwen without clearing everything, just have to use aggro. if you get enough mutant plants (the small ones) or enough bisons aggro'd on you, can just run up and farm it and the sasquatches/big plants/golem/shrieker won't even take notice.
    for the bisons though you need to get them on one side of the rock and farm from the other side to stop them hitting you, the plants are easier though cuz they don't move - can just run out of their range.
    still have to pray someone doesn't meteor while you're doing it though >w>;

might want to just seal it after rank 9-rank 8 ish.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    As of now, I'm assisting by collecting ores whilst she uses the Engineering.
    All is going well so far, which is good. xP
    Some of it now is starting to mix in with Magic Craft, as some recipes call for Shyllien. -.-'