Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Livestream coming

VimiVimi
Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
edited July 3, 2017 in General Chat
July 5th

Highlights:

* Grand Master Renewal update
* Boost Season
* Renewed Erinn Beauty Box

And my favorite:

* Hairstyle Storage and Reversion Coupons

giphy.webp
  1. Which are you most excited to hear about?61 votes
    1. Grand Master Renewal update
       52% (32 votes)
    2. Boost Season
       10% (6 votes)
    3. Beauty Box
       11% (7 votes)
    4. Hairstyle Storage/Reversion Coupons
       26% (16 votes)

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 3, 2017
    Hooray, Grandmaster update! I can finally be a Grandmaster polymath!!!

I do say "BOO" to the Hairstyle Storage and Reversion Coupons due to the nature of it. That function should've been an inherent part of the system for the first beauty gachapon years ago, and if not then, it should be now. If it is from a gachapon, I will be a bit upset.

Hopefully it is directly buyable for NX.
    Vimi
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155

I do say "BOO" to the Hairstyle Storage and Reversion Coupons due to the nature of it. That function should've been an inherent part of the system for the first beauty gachapon years ago, and if not then, it should be now. If it is from a gachapon, I will be a bit upset.

What does the hair storage and reversion coupon do?
  • ValenthValenth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    WAHHHH
    VimiZeo
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Kokoro wrote: »

You're not going to like it.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 3, 2017

It seems to make the hair permanent or something. One of my biggest gripes of the past few years is how appearance coupons from the Beauty Gachapon were only one use, and switching to another hairstyle meant you had to buy another coupon.

People tell me to be glad this is an option, but I am not. Splitting up an entire system of new options into a series of separate transactions upsets me by making said system overly redundant and excessively demanding. Hair coupons come from gachapon, can't be reused or permanently unlock hair. Changing hairstyles make hair dyes wash out. It feels equivalent to placing a tollgate every 3 miles on a Highway.

Edit: Someone told me that the coupons function as a temporary switch by reverting it to a one use copuon again (That isn't tradable), which would make the function even worst than the actually sensible way I interpreted it.

I won't try to spread FUD, so maybe it is different.

Fweep
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    What is the Grandmaster Renewal and Boost Season stuff, exactly?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Grandmaster Renewal lets you become Grandmaster in multiple talents at once, instead of being limited to one.

It should also make it so that you can buy additional Grandmaster Quests from Lezarro, if the normal 3 per real day isn't quick enough for you.
    It's expensive though.

No idea about Boost Season though.
  • DarkConductorDarkConductor
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    edited July 3, 2017
    It's now my time to shine, after the many years of being grandmaster-less.
    Though quick question, is there some official announcement? Because I really want to believe it so badly ;~;

Edit: I'm an idiot. I didn't see that the date mentioned in the first post WAS the link. gg
    Vimi
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited July 3, 2017
    I wonder if we're gonna get any good quests to go along with this with some good prizes as well. Just because I'm pretty sure I'm not even close to becoming Grandmaster for any talents lol. This all sounds really interesting though o: (Minus the beauty box stuff, I don't pay for that and I don't intend to, I'll just stick to my wigs lol.)
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Sees "Hairstyle Storage and Reversion Coupons"

Coupons! FOR COUPONS! :D
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Boost Season, and then the hair.

I'm in an awkward spot where I can't QUITE solo things well enough myself, but I'm not in a guild and have no friends. :|
    Hopefully Boost Season, whatever it is, can help me push through this awkward barrier.

And hair because, of course, hair.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    * Renewed Erinn Beauty Box

Oh goodie more overpriced fashionogi stuff that will certainly have ridiculously low drop rate for male fashion that actually looks quite decent that I can never afford.

I just wish boost season is x3 AP or something so I have some motivation to keep playing since I think I just reached the limit of playing solo.
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    i hope whatever boost they're gonna give will be tag teamed with 100% repair rate.
    badnewsbarrettnevyn25
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175

It seems to make the hair permanent or something. One of my biggest gripes of the past few years is how appearance coupons from the Beauty Gachapon were only one use, and switching to another hairstyle meant you had to buy another coupon.

People tell me to be glad this is an option, but I am not. Splitting up an entire system of new options into a series of separate transactions upsets me by making said system overly redundant and excessively demanding. Hair coupons come from gachapon, can't be reused or permanently unlock hair. Changing hairstyles make hair dyes wash out. It feels equivalent to placing a tollgate every 3 miles on a Highway.

Edit: Someone told me that the coupons function as a temporary switch by reverting it to a one use copuon again (That isn't tradable), which would make the function even worst than the actually sensible way I interpreted it.

I won't try to spread FUD, so maybe it is different.

Nope that is exactly how the coupon works. I am not happy about it and will not endorse it.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    watch our beauty coupon storage be so nerfed it so you can pay to hold tickets only once.

(of course i heard the ticket Reversion Coupons was so we can constantly pay to have a available number of times to switch between styles that are 1 time coupon only)

- i bet it'll just hold tickets and make you pay to hold them.... im so serious on this.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I wonder if we're going to get those new round of fixed hair dyes in? KR have this 3A0000 dark burgundy hair dye I have been keeping my eyes on for a while and I really want my main (who is an elf) to finally have the dark burgundy hair color like what humans and giants could have via one of the hair options...

Otherwise, I'm mainly excited for the Grandmaster revamp update and all the new hairstyles (with the reversion coupons, I can switch between several hairstyles and dyed hair color I like without losing them now)...
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited July 4, 2017

here is the Korean post about Boost Season if anyone is curious: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4885497

anyone else notice the livestream will be with Saygo and Mewlynne this time? it should be interesting to see another member of the mabi team :)
    KingEphy
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    More micro transactions woo!
    Vimi
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Negumiko wrote: »

here is the Korean post about Boost Season if anyone is curious: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4885497
    ...anyone who understand korean would kindly translate that for us?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    ShouK wrote: »
    Negumiko wrote: »

...anyone who understand korean would kindly translate that for us?

google chrome will translate most of it. the only parts it won't translate is the text in the two pictures on that page.