Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Composing Revamp

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited December 22, 2016 in Feedback and Suggestions
To be honest, it's really hard to tell which notes I need to change just by hearing something's out of tune. Can we have a Mabinogi style karaoke note that bounces along with the notes you've placed during the preview? Also, it's impossible to go back an edit with your mouse, it takes far too long to back arrow all the way to the wayward note. Plus, if notes are unavailable to the instrument or notes, they aren't grayed out and it wastes even more time backspacing.
DaktaroSherri[Deleted User]Ichigo015

Comments

• ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    Google "3MLE". Use that program for scroll creation, not Mabinogi.
    Sephanle[Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited December 23, 2016
    [quote]Google "3MLE". Use that program for scroll creation, not Mabinogi.[/quote]

No way, using off sites for years is no excuse for letting Nexon get off being lazy and not provide us with the technology we need.
    ImaizumiIchigo015
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited December 23, 2016
    I actually agree. I googled it and half the websites on the first page.. well..
    My antivirus tells me right away if websites are not safe and a lot of them weren't.
    Also, if I were to get into making scrolls, I don't want to download anything.
    What's the point? I want something IN GAME.

Also I don't understand music notes and all that.
    I'd want something where I play music and it automatically puts it into music sheet or MML.
    But nah, I bet there is nothing like that out there. -_-
    That would be too much to ask for.

..Either way, I support this. +1
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    While I don't play an instrument irl either, I cantell you that making an algorithm like that would be absolutely outrageousely complicated even outside of mabi.

Each time you play a note, there will be an insanely huge amount of frequencies of vibrations emitted through movements in our air (hence there's no sound in vacuum, as there's nothing to transfer the vibrations). Aside from the note played, there are also various frequencies stacked on top of every note depending on the instrument and various other factors (which is how instruments playing the same note manage to sound different from one another). On top of that, each infinitely small segment of music has multiple instruments playing multiple notes at the same time. So simply put...there's just too much going on to easily identify what instruments are involved or what they're playing. Even if it's somehow possible, I don't think mabi can do it, sadly. I think MP3 to midi is an art of its own, especially if it's not read from a file, but from a microphone with varying recording quality, limits and filtering (lowering the amplitude of certain frequencies and such).

However, graying out notes could be neat for beginners, I suppose, same with indicators for when scales repeat (like on the old flute, where below a certan threshold the same scale keeps repeating on the same octave instead of going an octave lower).

I was delighted to hear that something like 3MLE came out for mabi, since that means if there's ever an update that 3MLE can't keep up with (because it's not being updated), mabi will still have its own composer. Plus within mabi you can use all mls files at once, whereas in 3MLE we have to switch to hear some instruments, making composing a jam really difficult. So I'd love to see this expanded upon. I support this idea.
    [Deleted User]
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    edited January 20, 2017
    Darkpixie99

Google "3MLE". Use that program for scroll creation, not Mabinogi.
    No way, using off sites for years is no excuse for letting Nexon get off being lazy and not provide us with the technology we need.

Oh trust me, Nexon should be going crazy with the bug list. But the sad reality is they aren't going to. Therefore, workarounds take place, mods happen, exploits happen. It's their choice to not fix a broken game. So people deal with it in their own ways.
    Sherri
    Sherri said:

I actually agree. I googled it and half the websites on the first page.. well..
    My antivirus tells me right away if websites are not safe and a lot of them weren't.
    [Deleted User]
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    @Zincathon
    As said, I do not want to download anything. >.>
    Sooo
    [Deleted User]
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    @Hardmuscle

Yeah, it's definitely possible. Just..within mabi probably not. The closest thing I could think of would be to allow mabi to scan a music file (which could have its own risks as well) for frequencies and since the developers of mabi themselves SHOULD (or maybe by now, they really don't) know, they could scan for all frequencies used by mabi's midi instruments. Sadly even that would be horribly complicated and whatever's not in that huge bag of frequencies will inevitably be missing in the final piece. Plus without mabi supporting a 3MLE-like system to begin with, it couldn't fit all of that into an MML for a jam. So..it mostly leads back to: please do expand on this ingame composer, it's a great idea and it's a step towards long-term, expandable improvement. Something that nearly no part of mabinogi has ever seen, because they invent something once and then forget about it until 10+ years later.
    [Deleted User]
  • NikomisNikomis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    I tend to agree with the complexity issues votes here.

Also if you can read Japanese, MakiMabi Sequencer (MMSEQ) is pretty good for people who don't necessarily know how to type the music or read sheet music or who just want to draw notes on the GUI. It doesn't support the new instruments though because it is old as dirt and the English version was taken down years ago. It's still a pretty solid option with a lot of different tools for editing MMLs that 3MLE doesn't have.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited December 27, 2016
    Guys, it's called work for a reason. Nexon claims to be innovative, yet they don't put forth the effort because they let the technology restrict them. We need improvements for both new and old features. If they can't do something as simple as working with KR on upgrading the core of Mabinogi, then they'll never make money or keep the fanbase. It's as simple as that.