Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Interesting Character Building Methods

DanievictriaDanievictria
Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
in General Chat
Even though I've been basically all over the map with my main (from Fighter to Mage to Alchemist to Tailor to Musician...he's a Renaissance Man :D ), I've actually been doing some more focused character building experiments with my alts. You may (or may not) find some of my findings interesting, so sit back as I share two of them with you.

Case #1: Daniellex, female Human

Alright, so I created this character to test out what would happen if one were to start out their character with a production talent. I started out with Tailoring, since it would be easiest in terms of gathering resources while avoiding dangerous mobs. Plus, its usefulness for making light armor and clothes is a big plus.

After getting everything set up, I went right to work doing part time jobs and gathering wool and spiderwebs to spin thread to weave cloth. I also took the occasional break to train Windmill (which, on this character, is currently rank 3). After getting Production Mastery to rank 1, Tailoring to rank B, Weaving to rank D, and Sheep Sheering to an amazing rank 7, I decided to rebirth to the Music talent to see where that would take me.

Three rebirths and a lot of dedicated grinding and side questing later, her skills now look a little something like this:
Playing Music: rank 4
Discord: rank A
Lullaby, Enduring Melody, Battlefield Overture, Harvest Song, and Vivace: rank 7
Compose, Musical Knowledge, and Fantastic Chorus: rank 9
Song: rank 5

After all of the tailoring and musical training, plus a little bit of playing with the Special Unit system, I've ended up with the following stats at current level 25, total level 218, and 5 rebirths:

HP: 149 (85)
MP: 97 (77)
Stamina: 302 (267)
Strength: 122 (83)
Intelligence: 116 (108)
Dexterity: 111 (87)
Will: 90 (87)
Luck: 29

This result is a pretty cool surprise for me, since now Daniellex has a pretty solid foundation for magic with all of that intelligence and stamina (for that stamina-hungry healing spell, naturally). Of course, what I'll do with her after getting Windmill to rank 1 (my current project with this character), is still up in the air. I might go and do magic...or, I might go do something crazy like Alchemy, Ninjitsu, or Dual Guns...

Case #2: Zennos, male Elf

I basically just went to get an Elf Assistant card because...well, I could. However, that action has led me to creating one of my favorite characters to play. For Zennos, I decided to start off with the magic talent, since Intelligence is one of the strong points of Elves...and Archery just doesn't seem worth it to me...like, at all. Still working on Windlill though (he's at rank 8 right now).

I started out working on Ice Bolt and Ice Mastery. After getting his ice powers up to rank B, I shifted over to Firebolt, then Lightning Bolt, getting each and their respective elemental masteries up to rank B before moving on, then continued training them on a rotation. Between all of this, I also ranked Windmill, Magic Mastery, Healing, Magic Weapon Mastery, and Bolt Mastery, as well as acquiring Snapcast, Meditation, Inspiration, and Enchant. I had to rebirth about 5 times just to refresh my AP gain rate to fuel this training. The AP potions from the Special Unit system were a small but appreciated help.

I ran into a problem with Stamina usage with the Healing spell, however, so I spent one rebirth on Carpentry to level Production Mastery for the Stamina, and got a little bit of strength out of the deal too...not to mention all of that spare cash from making rolling pins to level Handicraft (Big Ballin', Son!). After that, though, healing was no problem. I also picked up Campfire and got it all the way up to rank A, so after this little side step, I ended up with a ton of Stamina, plus a bunch of extra AP...which I spent mostly on more magic training (not AP training, just straight grind and upgrade).

This character has turned out pretty well so far aside from being a bit on the squishy side (having a mace for his melee weapon has been a big help, though). I plan to work on Music with him after getting his Windmill skill up to rank 1 and gaining a bit of HP from close combat training. After that, I might either go for Ninjutsu or Alchemy. But, yes, Zennos is a LOT of fun to play.

Well, those are my experiments. Do any of you out there have some interesting character building stories or experiments to share? Maybe you have some advice for one of the characters I've mentioned above. I'd love to hear from you guys! ^_^
  1. What do you think of these experiments14 votes
    1. This is the most foolish thing I've read on these forums...period.
       21% (3 votes)
    2. Why would you build a character with anything but a Close Combat base, you mad scientist?
       21% (3 votes)
    3. Hmm, this gives me some ideas of my own...
       29% (4 votes)
    4. Guuurl, you late! Lemme tell you 'bout my Ninja-based Alchemist/Gunslinger hybrid...
       29% (4 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Once upon a time, someone created a Giant Potato Battle Archer Mage Alchemist Elf, something like that on the old forums.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    In the end many characters have the same skills, the thing is that how they're built will be felt in the endgame. This is why most of the people who have one character and try to transfer and start a newer one that is better....most of the time go back to reverting to the starting character. Sometimes not because skills are easier to rank due to the builds they pre-plan so it's not so tedious.

On a side note....
    Potion lore and life drain are a good solid enhance for potion using and HP replenish.
    When in resting....you can use fantastic chorus with enduring melody to replenish some of your bars....especially the stamina if that's your trouble area.
    Danievictria
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    I wouldn't say the intelligence is one of the strong points of elves. They only have 14 int more than humans. Magic is the same among all races.