Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Ruairi is pronounced Rory

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited July 5, 2017 in General Chat
I found it kind of funny during the the last stream how Saygo pronounced it Ru-Ai-Ri. =P

Origin of the name Rory:
Anglcized form of Ruairí (red, rust-colored). The name was born by Rory O'Conor, the last high king of Ireland, who reigned from 1166 - 1170.

So it is pronounced Ror-ee weeaboos. Kthx.
Sherri[Deleted User]

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I don't care how you pronounce it correctly because even if I know the right pronouciation I'm used to the wrong pronouciation so much I'll never use the right one. I always said it as Roo-er-ri. And I call Glas Glahbleann (or however you spell it) Glass ga-he-bin. And I call Tailteann, 'tattle-lan'.

I gave up trying to pronounce these things right ages ago and I don't care anymore!

(Also, please don't call everybody weeaboos. It might make someone upset. :T )
    GretaSibbCarlizepawcalypseTheNyanCat
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You know, Rory seems more "weabooish" in my opinion.

latest?cb=20160309051339

Gate was a terrible anime.
    Twelie
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I'm glad to know the correct way to say the name of one of the two dead servers. Thank you for this.
    GretaPolicroma
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 5, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I don't care how you pronounce it correctly because even if I know the right pronouciation I'm used to the wrong pronouciation so much I'll never use the right one. I always said it as Roo-er-ri. And I call Glas Glahbleann (or however you spell it) Glass ga-he-bin. And I call Tailteann, 'tattle-lan'.

I gave up trying to pronounce these things right ages ago and I don't care anymore!

PijcGEU.gif
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Hinotama wrote: »
    I'm glad to know the correct way to say the name of one of the two dead servers. Thank you for this.

Dude, you made my day :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »

Dude, you made my day :D

Sigh...I thought we were past this.
    Sherri
  • FloristFlorist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    Gaea wrote: »
    I found it kind of funny during the the last stream how Saygo pronounced it Ru-Ai-Ri. =P

That's how I say it, and nobody can tell me otherwiseeeee ~

tenor.gif
    AlmostNotsuper
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325

latest?cb=20160309051339

Dunno IMO it was better them most the crap Japan has been poopin out in the past few years.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 5, 2017
    lidiya wrote: »

latest?cb=20160309051339

Dunno IMO it was better them most the crap Japan has been poopin out in the past few years.

I don't do comparative scores. (I.E. This is better than X, therefore it should be a 6 instead of a 5)

In essence, I think most anime are subpar.
    Twelie
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited July 5, 2017

Origin of the name Rory:
    Anglcized form of Ruairí (red, rust-colored). The name was born by Rory O'Conor, the last high king of Ireland, who reigned from 1166 - 1170.

So it is pronounced Ror-ee weeaboos. Kthx.

To be fair, most people are probably incorrectly pronouncing words/names in this game.

Claimh Solais is nowhere near pronounced the way many people may think.
    Buffalos
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Is a Goidelic (Irish or Scottish Gaelic) masculine given name. It translates as “red king”. Its Gaelic pronunciation is 'roo-ree' or 'roo-ah-ree', with emphasis on the first syllable. In English, it is typically pronounced as Rory or Roo-ray.

So I'll go for the 'roo-ah-ree' (/Ru-Ai-Ri?).
    BuffalosSebastianLokitinMhaolKingEphy
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865

Right, some of us worked very hard to get the weeaboo title!
    Xiokun[Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Honestly i find weeaboo word to be really insulting. I only prefer otaku. :|
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    oh noooo people are saying the name of a fictional dead dude wrong what an unfathomable cataclysm that has befallen humanity.
    Sebastian
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »

Honestly i find weeaboo word to be really insulting. I only prefer otaku. :|

And you know otaku use to be an insult right?
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Florist wrote: »

tenor.gif

You know Mabinogi is based off of celtic mythology right? Ruairi is pronounced RORY. Sing it through your skulls!
    Sherri
  • XiokunXiokun

tenor.gif

You know Mabinogi is based off of celtic mythology right? Ruairi is pronounced RORY. Sing it through your skulls!

Ruuuurrrrrry. <w>
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 5, 2017

tenor.gif

Ruuuurrrrrry. <w>

No no no. RAWREEEE. I might name my son this because of this thread.

Nifty thing, spellings like Ruari or Ruairi is Gaelic.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Ruuuurrrrrry. <w>

No no no. RAWREEEE. I might name my son this because of this thread.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY

ae0ebf327273572e32fe74eb05874776.jpg
This discussion has been closed.