Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This is why everyone relies on wiki....

ArjuneArjune
Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
edited July 8, 2017 in General Chat
5uZfSRO.png

"Receive crafting bonus when making weapons or equipment"

Okay.... but how much?? what's the bonus? 5? maybe 0.00001? maybe it's a whole 50% increase? HELL if I know?! Oh let me check wiki--

See, this is where this game FAILS so horribly every time :| it's VAGUE about so many things. What am I supposed to think when I see this? Do I just magically believe in the production quality fairy that it'll give some kind of bonus? or do you think they could have given me a number so I know exactly what I'm getting? The magic craft and engineering titles are the same way. We know we're getting some kind of quality bonus, but we don't know how much of one. Is it too hard to ask for the developers of this game to actually tell us what we're getting? it's not just this though. Tons of things in this game are completely vague and unexplained to the point that people have to rely on the wikipedia and are almost completely lost without it

I think after 9 years they should maybe make an attempt.... :/ ... -face palm-
SebastianGreaIyasenuBlissfulkilllceCreamTreesNilremImaizumipawcalypsePolicromaand 3 others.

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    To be fair, I don't think even devCAT fully understands what production quality modifiers actually do.
    TheDumbOneKokenBehelit
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Smash => 500%

Y..aaayy...
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    Yeah, it's rather annoying and I couldn't find any details about during the time. My only guess, and yet I still doubt this, is that maybe we can finally make equipment with an X-grade possibly by some minor low % chance, or just some bonus durability and/or min/max damage; could even by the same as tailoring just worded oddly.

Maybe try testing it by making some Daggers or Short Swords and compare stats, though truthfully we shouldn't have to do that.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited July 8, 2017
    Grea wrote: »
    Maybe try testing it by making some Daggers or Short Swords and compare stats, though truthfully we shouldn't have to do that.

exactly :( I wish I could ask a GM, but they would just "look into it" and I'd probably never hear back on it again
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    devCAT : "Gee, these serious gamers give us headache..."
    Trees[Deleted User]pawcalypsePolicroma6f0909KazuhanoriKakiPi
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Without the holy text of wiki to guide us, we would have long been lost. Nothing but ignorant savages.
    TheNyanCatNilrempawcalypseBehelitKazuhanoriKakiPi
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Sai wrote: »
    Without the holy text of wiki to guide us, we would have long been lost. Nothing but ignorant savages.

I wouldn't be able to tell where certain field monster spawns @ all. Lel.
    Kazuhanori
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    The way it's worded makes me believe it's just a small boost to the stats. +1 min/max, etc.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Liyeta wrote: »
    I remember a loong looong time ago when game give vague text just like that and no one really complain about it.

Geez you are playing a celtic medieval game not a scifi spreadsheet simulator.

That was before everything started to actually matter.
    KakiPi
  • PudgyHamsterPudgyHamster
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    I hope you guys see this is inside the announcements.
    There's only a few that are not quantified

8ff14f25e9.png

• ArjuneArjune
    all they did was copy what it says in game. the crafting bonus is important to me, and even if they had quantified everything else but this, I'd still be annoyed. They didn't give a proper explanation of what it does, and they shouldn't leave anything out at all. People need to know what does what.... especially if they're gonna bother collecting 20 GM seals and then spend 10 ap to activate the effect???

I had to find out what this does from a friend on discord
    badnewsbarrett
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    But figuring it out is the fun part of a game. To discover and share that knowledge amongst other players. Do you really think all the mechanics were handed down back then when Mabinogi just started? No, people worked together.
    [Deleted User]pawcalypseKazuhanori
  • GreaGrea
    Arjune wrote: »

Could you tell me then? Was thinking of making a new Liberty Saber if the effect was decent.
  • ArjuneArjune

Could you tell me then? Was thinking of making a new Liberty Saber if the effect was decent.

I was told the effect can add another +1 damage (and possibly dura) to a weapon on top of talent bonuses.... and when we get the dan test renewal we can get another +1
  • GreaGrea

I was told the effect can add another +1 damage (and possibly dura) to a weapon on top of talent bonuses.... and when we get the dan test renewal we can get another +1

Ehh.. I guess it's something. Better than nothing. I still might make a Liberty Saber just to see if maybe it adds +1 to defense, just cause. Would also like to get more of those rare unobtainable manuals again. Rather annoying being rank one and not being able to make a few things, just cause ,due to them only being in a gacha/event years ago.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    % in Mabi are almost meaningless.
    badnewsbarrettBlissfulkillPolicromaKazuhanori
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 9, 2017
    Pan wrote: »
    But figuring it out is the fun part of a game. To discover and share that knowledge amongst other players. Do you really think all the mechanics were handed down back then when Mabinogi just started? No, people worked together.

Problem is, there is no way to do this without extensive testing or data mining of some sorts. The testing method is prone to errors anyway, and data mining is hardly looked upon with warm eyes by Nexon.

I heard tales of when close knit communities were united by a cohesive force such as love of the game's world and lore, and honestly? I don't think such an MMO would really work these days, where information was purposely vague in order to stimulate exploration. (I.E. "Tales surfaced of mythical weapon from the depths of the mountain dungeon" to "You will get the Sawreaver weapons from defeating the Mountain Dodongo")

It seems like a great deal of work very few people are willing to do in a game long past its prime and I don't see any reason to care about the past in such a way. This is the present. The wiki is dead. What can we expect people to do if no one is willing to actually edit it, especially with dealing with averages?

I really dislike the whole "New Generation is Going To Be The Humans in Wall-E" sort of thing, when we apply every little minute change as contributing to such a scenario.

The main difference between today and such being the presence of more insidious business minded companies like Nexon versus the close knits ones of the past that genuinely cared about players. When they pull such low rates and a complete lack of guarantee, people want to know the rates. The perfection of the Grind MMO stimulates the thirst for this knowledge. Who wouldn't? It seems insane not to ask, or even demand, when things have not been seen to drop, alongside the presence of falsified rumors and bad translations. I mean...what do I have to put up with, but at least that the mission I have been running did indeed drop that enchant I wanted?

Edit: Sorry, I went overboard, didn't I? I is sorry.
    badnewsbarrettPanTwelie
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Nice.
  • InfighterInfighter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    edited July 9, 2017
    Well it happens with every skills and game aspects... like for example, some skill cooldowns, attack range of a skill, combat power are hidden for us to see their exact amount... I must agree that this game needs to be more transparent on their descriptions, the description that is used currently is summarized rather than detailed...
  • ArjuneArjune
    Infighter wrote: »
    Well it happens with every skills and game aspects... like for example, some skill cooldowns, attack range of a skill, combat power are hidden for us to see their exact amount... I must agree that this game needs to be more transparent on their descriptions, the description that is used currently is summarized rather than detailed...

it's all about trust though. would you rather buy a laptop irl that says "improves battery life" or one that says "50% more battery life"? I would definitely buy the 2nd one, especially if there was no information on the internet about the first laptop when searched up. Even if later on the first laptop's company revealed that it actually had 75% more battery life... it didn't TELL me that to start with. If they want people to trust what something does they need to say what it does plain and straight up. That's just me though :/ Now Mabi is different because there's no other similar GM effect, but it's still similar about trust. Should I bother to pay 10 ap to switch to this unique every time I make something for people on the trust that I get some magic "crafting bonus" ?
    Twelie