Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A Little Market Consumer Survey~

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited July 11, 2017 in General Chat
Plz respondz in ur post to the following questions:
1.) What do U usually spend ur gold stockpile on?
Outdated rare gacha outfits. Finally snagging a Millia exploration for 2.5m just feels sooo gud. :)
2.) How often Do U spend ducats?(Or what do U buy/use em on? Fomor equips? Repairs?)
Instrument dyes and Ideals. Like once every mil of ducat I earned.
3.) Do U prefer getting things from the cash shop directly or trading Ingame gold for them?
Cash shop if I can buy it directly. Only trade ingame gold if it's a rare gacha item I realllly want badly and I can't snag it after opening 200+ boxes. Or I missed the exclusive event.(Collaborations Events)
4.) Do U have a spending cap when going around PS shopping 4 items?(5m/10m/20m/etc)
I tend to limit my spending around to 5m-ish when I'm just window shopping around belvast.
5.) Last but not least...Do U prefer to generate ur own gold income(SM/Dungeons/etc) or do U afk and just merch?
Tho I do both...I prefer to generate my own gold more since I do run around trying to gather rare crafting mats. :*

1337598953958.gif
I'm ready.
courtneyyKensamaofmari
  1. Should Rhey do a giveaway if there is 100+ unique answer post in this thread?38 votes
    1. Yes. Maybe a 10k...NX? Just Becuz.
       66% (25 votes)
    2. No. Just Rhey-senpai noticing me is enuf.
       34% (13 votes)

Comments

• ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225

Dyes and random fashion that piques my interest.

2.) How often Do U spend ducats?(Or what do U buy/use em on? Fomor equips? Repairs?)

Never. Just hold them until I need them for something.

3.) Do U prefer getting things from the cash shop directly or trading Ingame gold for them?

In game. Only things I buy from the cash shop are pets. At one point I got baited into the reforge meme and made a 19 max quality plane because they had several reforge events going at the time. Still questioning if the 40usd was worth it to this day...

4.) Do U have a spending cap when going around PS shopping 4 items?(5m/10m/20m/etc)

Depends on the item. If I'm purchasing dyes then maybe about 500k-1m. If it's fashion then usually about 1-3m.

5.) Last but not least...Do U prefer to generate ur own gold income(SM/Dungeons/etc) or do U afk and just merch?

I good amount of my gold comes from just randomly appearing in my inventory from random game play since I use peanuts for gear. This is supplemented with whatever gold boost an event can give me. If it counts then I suppose I do 'afk' to let event items sit and gain value 6 months, a year, or two years later down the line.
    Rhey
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Repairs generally. Otherwise I....kinda don't really spend my gold. O.o

Next to never. Don't have that many ducats to splurge with anyway.

I honestly think I'd prefer spending ingame gold, RNG hits really hard 99% of the time.

I generally don't shop around much, but I'd probably set my limit at 1/4 of however much I have in the bank.

I definitely prefer generating my own gold income. Though I guess squires fall somewhere in the middle,no? Semi-AFK to get gold...?
    Rhey
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Oh this seems fun, I love surveys, so I'll participate.

1.) What do you usually spend your gold stockpile on?
    Spend??? I save most of my gold and just use what I need to on repairs or materials/items I need. I like seeing lots of gold checks laying around :L.

2.) How often do you spend ducats?(Or what do you buy/use em on? Fomor equips? Repairs?)
    Rarely, I only use ducats to buy Wave Sweeper ideals to try and turn them into high rolls. Occasionally, I might buy a ducat potion bag for extra characters on my account, or certain enchants.

3.) Do you prefer getting things from the cash shop directly or trading in game gold for them?
    I buy cash shop items (only if I need them) from shops or other people in game.

4.) Do you have a spending cap when going around PS shopping 4 items?(5m/10m/20m/etc)
    I don't have a spending cap no, but I only buy things that I need or splurge on outfits/cosmetic items that I don't have yet. I also try to be frugal and find the best price for whatever I'm after even if that means waiting weeks or even months at a time.

5.) Last but not least...Do you prefer to generate your own gold income (SM/Dungeons/etc) or do you afk and just merch?
    I tend to make gold selling items I get from running dungeons mainly. However, a large bulk of my gold comes from events, event items sell fast and for decent prices usually.
    Rhey
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited July 11, 2017
    Mostly gifts for friends.
    Save them up to get harps, pianos and music ranking books for friends.
    Gold. I lack the funds irl to spend much NX.
    500k for myself, 1-2m for gifts for friends.
    Mostly generating my own unless I'm low on gold and a friend's birthday ect is coming up, then I do both.
    RheyNekoLily
  • CapnReconCapnRecon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    Repairing, upgrading, enchanting, and reforging my equipment.
    I haven't used them since I finished Composition a few years ago.
    It depends on the item. If it's a pet or partner, I'd rather get it from the cash shop as opposed to buying it for gold off someone via the adoption medals.
    3m. I don't buy outfits unless they have some sort of function, like a decent set effect. Otherwise, I'm picking up some extra mats for making more gear for guildies(That R1 Magic Craft and Hillwen Engineering life).
    I prefer making my own income, though I've merched a few things in the past, such as hair coupons. I have a stock of shadow crystals that built up over the years, so if I feel like bashing some skulls, I'll just run SMs for a bit.
    Rhey
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    mostly repairs and fashionogi stuff

basically never. only ducats I've spent were to buy better/bigger/faster transports

I prefer cash shop, since in-game prices are way above my budget for most things. but at the same time I prefer in-game nowadays due to everything being locked behind gotchas these days

not really. if I really want something I'll buy it regardless of price (provided I have the funds I need)

bit of both to be honest, since I don't have the patience to run a dungeon or sm 200 times to only make like 2m or so. but I also don't want to wait for that one item to get sold, so I tend to regularly run some stuff
    Rhey
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Gears with good reforge on it while trying hard resisting to buy fashionogi stuff

Rarely. On music skill books to sell for gold and wave sweeper ideals.

Cash shop for pets/partners and in game gold for fashionogi stuff.

I'm only ever shopping for merchanting and limit so that I have at least 5m in my bank. Whenever I see something that I really want though (usually rarer stuff on sale) I just buy it regardless.

I'm just merchanting. At my level merchanting is more profitable time-wise. I hate doing SM and dungeons anyway since I have terrible ping.
    Rhey
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited July 11, 2017

You mean my *check* stockpile. ;)

Varies. Pretty much anything from fashion to gear. I refuse to blow tens of millions over silly things like one extra max damage or silly stuff like that though. Diminishing returns and such...

I don't spend them often. Usually if I do spend them, it's for music-related stuff.

Depends on the situation. I prefer to buy a pre-reforged item rather than blow $40 at a time myself. Let someone else do the gambling.

Big time. There is one particular item that I am after that I don't believe has dropped yet anywhere, so if it turns up, it'll be very expensive to the point that I'll be dropping hundreds of millions on it. I refuse to break the bank unless that item shows itself. So if people overcharge for new items at a price I'm not willing to pay, I'll simply let it slide and wait for the item's return.

Example: Argenta Hair coupon... I expected the drop rate to be bad but really wanted it... so I set aside 50m for it. I can't seem to buy this for 50m. Rumor has it people are being dragged along at a 70m or higher C.O. price with no "end" in sight. A bidding war over an item with no autowin or definite end time would just jack the price up higher, so I'm letting it go for now. I want it, but not to the tune of the 80-120m you know the seller is fishing for.

Oddly this does not put me on good terms with some of the more aggressive fashion sellers in the game.... B)

If by "merch" you mean scalping items by buying from lowbies at insultingly low prices and jacking the prices up to tens of millions... Well, let's just say I believe there's a specific spot in hell for scalper scum, whether they be in Mabinogi or elsewhere.

I'll usually buy a stack or two from a gacha to see what's new. If an item has a good potential worth but is in too high supply to make anything from it, I'll let it cook on a pet for a few months until the supply dies down rather than let scalpers scoop them all up. That way even the "worthless" gachas that people complain about tend to make me some in-game bank with enough patience.

In-game I have a few particular SMs I like to run with crystals. Between the two I have no preference.
    Rhey
  • TreesTrees
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    Repairs and trashy synth dyes bc they look kewl to me

I don't

In-game for sure. It's much easier to have other people gamble for me.

Probably less than 30m. Honestly anything above 20 seems silly.

I'n on dat grind life
    Rhey
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085

Outfits, weapons, honestly i've never had a gold stockpile as i spend it as fast as i get it. though right now i have a record 13mill(12.5mill higher than my previous record) due to saving up to buy hair.
    Saving them still.....so slow to gain them. i plan to use them to buy....well right now the poison or lightning swords. wish we had more options to buy......
    generally ingame gold. only time i like cash shop is if i know what i getting. aka no lottery gache. just let me buy the freaking hair for $15. its cheaper than the ganche!!!
    my limit is how much i have at the time, and if i have something i currently saving for. if i have spare money after i buy that thing, then i buy till i'm out. though i do have a 800k gold pouch pet that is offlimits to my spending. its reserved for repair costs only. and i try to prioritize it being full before adding stuff to my bank budget
    can you explain what you mean by afk merch? like buy and resell? i do prefer active gold earning. but i also like commerce in particular as i'm a fan of Spice and Wolf. while i generally hate afk gold earning. i do have exceptions to this. namely fishing(no real profit. but its nice to do when i busy on other games. and i return to find something cool like a 2h sword, or alchemy crystals. cheap ass stuff. but its nice. :*

Dhzk12N.gif

Rhey
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    I've been trying to avoid spending gold so maybe one day I might be able to afford the gear I want. If I do spend gold, it's usually on repairs or something small if I can help it.

Ducats? The only things I'd probably get there would be ancient powders as needed...after I get my harp...I need to stop being lazy and commerce more at some point.

I don't have any sort of income so directly from cash shop is out of the question (unless my boyfriend wants to be stubborn and buy NX for me after I say not to, but that's maybe once a month?). I usually try buy with gold though just making gold is a struggle so I end up just skipping out on most things. :'D

*points to answer for #1*

I run dungeons and SMs with friends if and when I can because solo running is mind-numbing. I'll merch if I have anything to sell, which frankly, I'm in a dry spell there.
    Rhey
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    This seems fun =D

Outfits, wings, wigs.

Never, I don't commerce.

I mean... If it's like an outfit bag then cash shop if I can, but usually gold because I don't have a job to buy NX anyway.

No. I've bought things that were a bit overpriced from personal shops just because I wanted them then and there.

AFK and merch. I used to do it running dungeons/saga but got tired of it.
    Rhey
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Discount clothes or gear, miscellaneous items (i.e homestead stuff etc), resources (herbs, unknown ores, food ingredients), repairs on expensive stuff.

I just spent all my ducats for composing books yesterday, now I'll have to work harder at commerce for instruments. I haven't repaired by fomor fire wand since I got it a long time ago, which means I don't use it often unless I need an explosion.

Sometimes I get some things from the cash shop if it intrigues me enough, or just trying my luck to see if I get something nice. Nevertheless, items from the cash shop can be sold to people who want them, and sometimes there's just a better chance looking in game for stuff.

I'll probably set a cap at 5m, although I probably stay clear from stuff over 3m. When I usually shop and near 1m spent on the said trip, my mind triggers a warning to watch carefully on expenditure. My bank reserves must not fall below 4m.

I prefer a various ways for gold income. If I have gacha stuff, then I'd take the risk of opening shop in the expensive Belvast. Otherwise, Dunby is preferred. Sometimes, when I'm bored and there may be events happening in other towns, I open shop in those areas for the heck of it. Dyes and food are the main goods I sell. It's not home run money, but its efficient small income for me without too much risks.
    Otherwise, I'll dungeon, commerce, quests and the like for pocket money. Even part time jobs still over easy (but small amounts) of money.
    If I'm really bored, punch some posts or just follow the rich man in Emain.
    Rhey
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Whatever I want, normally. Otherwise a small fraction of that is compulsive buying..... Besides that, it's upgrading and buying enchants for the armor set I already have. Training potions if I'm lazy.

I do not commerce unfortunately. I've got all I wanted from there.

I have no interest in using the cash shop, so I'll have to use in-game gold.

It depends on the items I'm wanting to get, I'll always spend a good amount of my money in that case, but always leave enough for repairs.

I do dailies, lord missions and set a shop up for about 8 hours per day - Most of the gold comes from doing shadow missions ,but occasionally someone will buy from the shop, and I'll have at lesat 1~2 shadow missions worth of gold extra that day.
    Rhey
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    On things that I really want to have, as I'm not really into just collecting, but rather into targeted fashionogi stuff. I'm not really interested in armors and combat stuff, but I'm slowly trying to have some decent items regarding it, like my Celtic Guardian Staff

I don't really use them as I don't do commerce this last months, but I used to buy fomor weapons and just toss them to have new ones lol

It depends on the item: if the item is in a gacha, I buy them in-game with golds from players, if the item is in a bag or are items you get directly (without a RNG in it) then I buy it with NX.

It really depends on the item. If the item is newly added and everyone is buying the gacha (as most of what I want is from it) I start with checking the price range the item is sold for and do few "mental calculations" as of how much I want to spend for it (that goes well with the price range I checked) and look for it at that price, waiting around 1-2 weeks in order to get the price I want (as they usually have their price dropped in that period of time). If the price isn't ok for me, I'll just ignore the item and wait until the item is re-released. <- This method is still used for the Carasek bag as I want it but it's not really a "must-have" item for now, so I'll wait for it to drop again until it reaches a good price for me.

Depending on the situation. I would usually go for the Holywater farming and sell them when an entire bank tab is full (it's around 2-3m if I'm correct) during normal periods; aside from that there's the berserk period where I need money and start to sell anything I hoarded from previous events as they usually have a raise in price after at least 3 months since the event's end, putting a shop and going to sleep as being in Europe means I need the shop open during the night for the period where there is an increase in players playing. Oh, and during normal period I even do some daily quests for adventurer's seals and use them to buy items and sell them!
    Rhey
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    edited July 11, 2017
    I enjoy buying new clothes and cheap wings. I'm at the point where I'm happy with all my equipment and I'll just craft anything new myself.

I commerce regularly but only spend once in a blue moon. When I do, it is usually the composing books to sell for gold.

"Getting things" will have be from using in game gold but I do buy gacha often to enjoy the thrill of opening them. You never really get things that you really want from gachapon.

I would like to say that I limit myself to to about 5m max for an outfit, but I will generally spend more if I'm in love with something and it seems to be too rare for it to go down to a nice price.

I don't enjoy merching things. I prefer to commerce for my gold. Or sell the stuff I get from gachas.

Rhey
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited July 11, 2017
    Almost nothing but repairs, unless the stars align and something I want actually exists.
    Still waiting for Succubus Queen Wig to come out...

Ducats are a myth. I don't use currency that is a myth.
    At this point the only thing I buy from the shop is Pon for style tab.
    I find it much easier to just avoid Gacha RNG and buy stuff off the market.

No, but this is mostly out of rarely buying anything anyway. I just never want most new items.
    This, of course, often leads to the issue of having a full bank.

I sell event items. Thats it. I don't even use alts like certain people, I just gather a natural amount until my shop is full, and then I set up the shop in Belvast and hope for a sale.
    SapphiraMuseRhey
  • ChattiChatti
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    If it's something that was originally rare for me, and is decently priced - I'll bite. I haven't gone under 40m in three years so, there's not much that has done anything for me except repairs. I bought some training pots a while ago, but that was that.
    Commercing? What's that?
    Cash shop directly (outfit bags), I've stopped buying gacha. Only get gacha stuff when it's been in rotation a few times from player shops.
    20m spending limit that spans multiple items, when browsing belvast. Nothing good is ever there because my server hoards. Would not drop a solid 20m on something unless it was absolutely worth it (eg Holy Eagle Mask, etc.)
    I vulture around "quitting sales" to get things cheap, and resell later. I'm also a packrat and hoard things after events to sell later for higher. Generating was viable before the conflict nerf, but I don't do it much now.
    Rhey
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Usually outfits and wings but sometime I save up gold for stuffs like gear and enchants.
    Never, they're basically forgotten by me.
    If I can buy them directly from cash shop then I'd do it but if it's something like gachapon, I'm not going to spend $100+ in hope of getting what I want so I just buy from other players.
    Not really, no.
    Mainly merchant as I stockpile on junks from gachapons, events, etc... that may become valuable after a while or I may get some good loots from dungeons to sell for decent gold.
    Rhey
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    1.) Things of interest.
    2.) Not often.
    3.) In-game gold.
    4.) No limit.
    5.) Generate gold.
    GretaRhey