Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why are gold fees still a thing?

Jayy124Jayy124
Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
in General Chat
We've spent millions in gold fees from house transfers, creating checks, personal shops, etc. If you think about there really is no point to it, it's just literally throwing useful gold away into oblivion.
  1. Should they remove gold fees?56 votes
    1. Yes, there is no point to them.
       45% (25 votes)
    2. No, keep them
       55% (31 votes)

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    gold sink.

/thread
    GretaTheNyanCat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 16, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »
    gold sink.

/thread

re-open thread.

Honestly we have avoided the majority of gold fees by retaining any and all checks. Checks are the currency to rip most of that gold sink. If you have enough pets and storage, it's a no brainer. DO NOT DEPOSIT CHECKS.
    Pannya
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Gaea wrote: »
    gold sink.

/thread

re-open thread.

Honestly we have avoided the majority of gold fees by retaining any and all checks. Checks are the currency to rip most of that gold sink. If you have enough pets and storage, it's a no brainer. DO NOT DEPOSIT CHECKS.

I totally can't see any downsides to only having checks 9dnGeIh.png
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 16, 2017
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    gold sink.

/thread

re-open thread.

I totally can't see any downsides to only having checks 9dnGeIh.png

400?cb=20121120031408
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    The point of the gold fees is to throw the gold away into oblivion. Dungeon, Shadow Missions etc all 'print' money and unless there is something in place to take some of the money away, players will just be trading gold around with each other meaning it all stays in circulation resulting in inflation.

The bank fees and repair fees try to act as gold sinks and clear away some of the gold that is being generated but even they aren't doing a great job. As mentioned above, you can just not put money in the bank and just trade checks around. Also, people won't bother with missions if they don't earn enough to cover the repair fees and also still earn some money for their troubles.

I'm not against the removal of bank fees. In fact I'd be happy if they did. But in it's place, we would need something else added in to act as a gold sink or there would just be huge inflation.

Someone proposed the idea of a gachapon that is bought using gold and I do like that idea. Something that costs 250k gold ish and gives rewards similar to the Eweca Orbs is what I had in mind. If you put a SUPER KAWAII DESU!!!! wing or outfit with a 0.00000001% drop rate, people will throw their gold at it to try and get it.
    AellbadnewsbarrettGretaTheNyanCatDanievictria6f0909ArchdukeValeCortez
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 16, 2017
    Kokoro wrote: »

Someone proposed the idea of a gachapon that is bought using gold and I do like that idea. Something that costs 250k gold ish and gives rewards similar to the Eweca Orbs is what I had in mind. If you put a SUPER KAWAII DESU!!!! wing or outfit with a 0.00000001% drop rate, people will throw their gold at it to try and get it.

One problem...U will make the eweca orb obsolete...And anything(SUPER KAWAII DESU) rare is better stuff into a real gacha to bring in real money...Nexon's financial department disapproves.

498.gif
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Remove fees, make special upgrades cost 10x the price. Repairs too.

But really, things work the way they probably should already. Sure it's annoying here and there, but it has a purpose in trying to keep the economy moving and slow inflation.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Kokoro wrote: »

One problem...U will make the eweca orb obsolete...And anything(SUPER KAWAII DESU) rare is better stuff into a real gacha to bring in real money...Nexon's financial department disapproves.

498.gif

People will buy new stuff precisely because it is new stuff. The Eweca Orb, the limited gachapon and the proposed gold gachapon can contain different items in their prize pools so none of them will be redundant and none will cannibalise the others.

Maybe the gold gachapon will contain things like RE and SE potions or something like that.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Liyeta wrote: »
    They did make one but not for money sink. Fox wig f from festia box.
    If only people can buy more festia ticket. 2.5k each would be a comfortable price for me.

Also white dragon and black dragon summon scroll. Mats drop rate is pretty bad and not everyone can make it to the raid at that certain time. I dont mind a nerfed version like no mats upon opening the scroll and regular drop rate.

Oooh, the idea where we all can buy extra Festia ticket for 2.5k each or whatever it is sound like a really good idea and it'd help players finish some entries from the diary faster without having to spend like 100 days to get one entry done for the diary.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    GM's that cost 1 mil each that players will most likely get multiples of is a good gold sink so it would be nice if they could reduce bank fees a bit... especially for housing. it costs so much to transfer gold from housing. it only has a 5 mil limit as it is, and then you lose 500k of that 5 mil when you transfer it to the bank. VIP is becoming less and less worth buying
  • RheyRhey
    Arjune wrote: »
    GM's that cost 1 mil each that players will most likely get multiples of is a good gold sink so it would be nice if they could reduce bank fees a bit... especially for housing. it costs so much to transfer gold from housing. it only has a 5 mil limit as it is, and then you lose 500k of that 5 mil when you transfer it to the bank. VIP is becoming less and less worth buying

GM renewal was a step in the rite direction but 15m to gm everything is pocket change to the rich of the rich. Seems more like a road blocker for just pure battlenogi folks imo.
    SylviaWolfe
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890

GM renewal was a step in the rite direction but 15m to gm everything is pocket change to the rich of the rich. Seems more like a road blocker for just pure battlenogi folks imo.

15m isn't much for certain people, yes, but if you multiply that amount by many players over time it adds up to a lot of gold sink. that's still 15m+ per person (that bothers to GM everything) not randomly floating around the economy too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Rabbie phantasm is the best gold sink. Spend 750k, get something worth 750k+, or lose 600k.
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    I'd rather them get rid of max durability loss on repair than remove those.
    Sebastian[Deleted User]Greta
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    We need more taxes to cut down hyperinflation!
    It will do 5% damage on this monster if they increase fees.
    But it will hurt new players in the short run.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Spy wrote: »
    Rabbie phantasm is the best gold sink. Spend 750k, get something worth 750k+, or lose 600k.

And we all know why it is best gold sick... Since you rarely get something worth 750k+ and after run you need to repair gear which might cost few millions if you use end game gear rofl.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    So people could buy more vip servi---- Oh right. No such thing exist on NA server.
    (VIP service in kr ; No fee for making a check)
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Jayy124 wrote: »
    If you think about there really is no point to it, it's just literally throwing useful gold away into oblivion.

This is the part that bugs me the most, we basically pull that very gold out of "oblivion" whenever we run content.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    How much useful gold to people waste when they ignore all the monster gold drops when dungeoning?
    I assure you all those ignored drops will add up to the amount of fees you have to pay.
  • RheyRhey
    How much useful gold to people waste when they ignore all the monster gold drops when dungeoning?
    I assure you all those ignored drops will add up to the amount of fees you have to pay.

Thank god for doll bags. They pick up the extra 100-200k I usually ignore cuz I'm speed running or don't want to bother stop killing stuff to grabz me gold.