Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Theater missions need to be changed

BlortadBlortad
Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
in Feedback and Suggestions
The way you obtain theater missions is the absolute stupidest thing I have ever heard of. I would bet people might actually run these if they werent nearly impossible to enter because of the insane amount of horrid rng and blatant time wasting. The paper sheep move more then regular sheep so you only get 1 sheer each time they move instead of 2, the pages u get are completely random, so if you want hard, the only one worth doing unless u just started playing, u have to waste an enormous amount of time sheering garbage from these things, and you had better pray you dont need a spesific mission, like for the gm dailies, because the mission u get is randomly selected, so your lookin at potentially grinding sheep for HOURS, I have been doing this for an hour already and still havnt gotten even one single guardian of avon hard for a knight gm quest, I understand not wanting to remove the paper sheep crafting all together after putting a bunch of work into it, but there is no reason why we should not be able to just select the mission we want like literally every single other type of mission in the game, as they are now theater missions are nothing but a gigantic waste of time
BlissfulkillHelryxPrezzixAero365

Comments

• RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    They should really do away with the pass craft and just let there be a board akin to the Shadow Mission Board. And to give more incentive to do them, besides for GM quests, there should be two daily Theater Mission quests that reward AP, just like Shadow Missions.
    PrezzixAero365ChaosShadow
  • BlortadBlortad
    Exactly, there is no reason these need to be any different from shadow missions in those ways, the only problem there would be that theres only like 6 of them or so, having 2 dailies would be too much unless they added more theater missions, but even having no dailies for them and putting in a board or adding them to marlowes shop would be fine, but I refuse to do them as they are now, I am NOT spending 3 hours grinding pages til I happen to rng the mission I want, thats just stupid.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Those passes are the reason why theater missions are neglected except MA.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Finity wrote: »
    Those passes are the reason why theater missions are neglected except MA.

That and their rewards, both EXP and Gold, are pitiful when compared to other, more easily accessible, content.

They could make Elite difficulties of the current TMs, too.
    Prezzix
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    The fact that the passes expire on top of that and cant be stacked, and are 2x2 makes theatre missions so incredibly tedious.
    Prezzix
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Giegue wrote: »
    The fact that the passes expire on top of that and cant be stacked, and are 2x2 makes theatre missions so incredibly tedious.

They're also untradeable, so that's a whole other level of inconvenience. While yes, you could get someone to drop you in, there might not always be someone there with the pass you need, difficulty, etc.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Faybal wrote: »

They're also untradeable, so that's a whole other level of inconvenience. While yes, you could get someone to drop you in, there might not always be someone there with the pass you need, difficulty, etc.

Might not always be? Try absolutely never will be. The odds of even finding someone else gathering pages when you happen to decide to do it are already so insanely slim as it is, but to then find someone who happens to have the pass for the mission AND difficulty you want who also does not want to use that pass themselves is simply not going to happen. You could sit there with a party advertising for it for hours and get nowhere. They just need to make them all obtainable the same way MA is. That would be an extremely easy, nearly effortless and instant "problem solved".
    Faybal
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Blortad wrote: »
    Faybal wrote: »

Might not always be? Try absolutely never will be. The odds of even finding someone else gathering pages when you happen to decide to do it are already so insanely slim as it is, but to then find someone who happens to have the pass for the mission AND difficulty you want who also does not want to use that pass themselves is simply not going to happen. You could sit there with a party advertising for it for hours and get nowhere. They just need to make them all obtainable the same way MA is. That would be an extremely easy, nearly effortless and instant "problem solved".

A boost in gold/EXP would also be nice since it would make these missions more desirable to run. The only valuable items that drop from the chests would be trinity stuff/Hard Monster Horn/Rosemary glove mats. Due to the Halloween fishing event, Trinity parts are easily found, monster horns aren't rare or valuable, and rosemary glove parts are particularly rare.

• BlortadBlortad
    edited July 17, 2017
    I just want to be able to do more of my GM missions rather then abandoning 2/3 of them because of crap like paper sheep. Even dumb ones like kill 100 boars only take like 20 mins tops, but just getting into any specific theater mission on hard at all takes hours. I tried to do one of them once, spent 4 hours grinding pages only to get literally every mission besides the one I wanted, then decided to give up and never attempt another stupid theater mission for GM quests again. Thanks to this nonsense, I have never once completed all 3 missions in a single day. I also refuse to pay for extra missions when there's a 2/3 chance that itl be something stupid that im just going to abandon like kill a red dragon or one of the dumb theater mission ones. Knowing Mabi's craptastic rng, id spend 6mil on 20 missions and only get 5 I can actually reasonably get done in less than 5 hours each. I would bring up other examples, but I don't think there are any other things that require a specific mission on a specific difficulty. I suppose it would be acceptable to change the GM missions if thats really the case, but that would feel like sort of a cop out since instead of improving the missions themselves they would just be removing the need for them, at that point, they might as well just remove them entirely.
  • Neagan777Neagan777
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    I think the TMs should have a elite rank added and still have to get pages from sheep but I would make to so you can chose what pass you want to make instead of this by chance poop.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    So for simple fixes, I can see;
    1. Make the passes smaller (2x1 like normal passes)
    2. Make rewards better/more worthwhile (25% increase in gold, 10% increase in EXP or so.)
    3. Make passes easier to obtain/get.

I will expand on 3; Why not make it so you can craft 'em with Handicraft stuff? Make it so the Paper Sheep drop "Avon Paper" when ya shear 'em, and then you can craft a pass with each mission from different material amounts per mission.

Say if ya want to get into Guards of Avon, you'd use Iron Ore with the paper, and for Hard, you need an Iron Ingot, 5 Avon Paper and for you to be at rank 9 Handicraft, while the Beginner one can be crafted at Rank F.

And you can unlock the recipes after you talk to Marlowe using the "Skills" tab, he'll send ya on a fetch quest to get 10 Avon Paper and then show you how to make the pass.
    Erorserv
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    let us gather pages from the paper sheep in our homesteads, they don't move much at all.
    YangKoeteTHICCthighssavelives
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited April 10, 2018
    Shearing paper sheep should really be an alternate way to get Theater Mission passes, not the primary way. Would be nice if paper sheep had very limited shear output and gave random paper items upon shearing, including book pages and TM passes rarely. The primary method for getting TM passes could be a life skill like mentioned above or maybe field boss drops.