Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi "Meme"nto Contest [ DISCUSSION ]

SaygoSaygo
Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
edited August 1, 2017 in Vault
Hi everyone! We haven't had a forum contest in awhile. This one is centered around the Memento update. The team is very excited to see what everyone comes up with!

L2MtwyT.png

This is the place to put any questions or concerns you might have about the Mabinogi "Meme"nto Contest.

Contest Ends
August 7, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time

Rules
- Read the [ Official Disclaimer ]
- Take an in game screenshot or find a screenshot online that relates to the Memento Update. This can be either Memento related dungeons, content, or NPC's.
- Players will then take the screenshot and make it into a meme. A "meme", as it relates to the "Meme"nto Contest, is a captioned screenshot that is intended to be funny.
- No Photoshop or editing allowed (#nofilter) except cropping.
- Submit your Meme with character name and server name to the [ Submissions Thread ].
- One entry per user.
- 10 Total Winners will be selected based on Creativity, Originality, and use of Memento theme. Just a fun contest. It should be interesting.

Prizes
10 Winners will each get:
-15 Mystic Memory Boxes
-30,000 NX
XiokunNearlyGreta

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Question: What if multiple people happen to have the same idea and submit the same idea?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 18, 2017
    Yeah that's bound to happen. In before "Uno memento".
  • SaygoSaygo
    We will take the first submission if posts are completely identical. The second identical submission would qualify as copying the first one. Keep in mind that 70% of the judging criteria is based on creativity and originality.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    @Saygo

Are we allowed to have text like your meme did?
  • SaygoSaygo
    O yes you can add text like a conventional meme. You can also crop the screenshot. Just no editing of the actual screenshot. We are trying to get away from players heavily editing a screenshot so it doesn't even look like mabi anymore
  • XiokunXiokun
    Saygo wrote: »
    O yes you can add text like a conventional meme. You can also crop the screenshot. Just no editing of the actual screenshot. We are trying to get away from players heavily editing a screenshot so it doesn't even look like mabi anymore

So we can use the classic impact bold meme text? With the white letters and black boarders?
  • SaygoSaygo
    Totes. You can add text. Just no editing the actual image
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    i should've checked before I posted my submission (i can delete it and make new one if it's not allowed), but are gif memes allowed?
  • GentlemenGentlemen
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,340
    not being allowed to edit a meme
    GretaXiokunImaizumi
  • GentlemenGentlemen
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,340
    mabi2017.jpg
    GretaXiokunImaizumicatpiggyKetsuekiOfRuairilethalvirus
  • TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    edited July 19, 2017
    "The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States (including DC) and Canada (excluding Quebec)"

How much do you need to adhere to this rule? Players from Europe can't participate?
  • XiokunXiokun
    Gentlemen wrote: »
    mabi2017.jpg

This meme should win.
    Fudgeapple
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 19, 2017
    Tentacle wrote: »
    "The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States (including DC) and Canada (excluding Quebec)"

How much do you need to adhere to this rule? Players from Europe can't participate?

Wait... Is that a serious rule? No way. If so, i'm gonna be REALLY REALLY sad and disappointed. This is not even funny if all this time all my contest entries were nullified because of THAT rule. I'm gonna boycott with fellow Europe players.

Not gonna complain about Nexon's logic that memes can be made without editing images. But THIS... Not gonna accept that ridiculous rule! I demand equality between all players!
    Xiokun
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 19, 2017
    I could see if this was ANY other kind of screenshot contest.... but no photo editing for a MEME contest? This is MEMES we're talking here .....What world am I living in?

....anyways I will do my best :*
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    cant decide what type of meme to make so ill ask some questions to narrow down my choices

# can i make a panel type/comic type meme?
    (a meme with multiple cropped/resized images that tells a story)
    # if comic type is allowed can i use the usual memes along with it?
    (like the images from this site https://makeameme.org/characters )

# can i make a gif type meme?
    (a meme that is made up alternating images creating an illusion of moving image)
    (converting a recorded video into a gif image/and not adding special effects like glitters,etc.)

are the only type of memes allowed the same to the example given above (the one saygo posted)
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Looks like this has been extended for a week.

Oh well.
  • FudgeappleFudgeapple
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    edited August 2, 2017
    This makes me quite upset. U.S only? really... No Australians?.. well damn, so the last time i put in a picture for a contest did it even matter? This is really discriminating and unfair for everyone who isn't American or Canadian. Well...... This stinks mate.
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    Looking at this discussion, it seems I'll have to remove mine, I guess my brain was purposely trying to avoid the "US Only" bit of the rules...

Also, 1 or 2 people have made edits to their memes that are more than just cropping and adding text, it'll be something if an entry like that wins.

(I bet it got extended because there's barely any entrants, too)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    XCalibie wrote: »
    Looking at this discussion, it seems I'll have to remove mine, I guess my brain was purposely trying to avoid the "US Only" bit of the rules...

Also, 1 or 2 people have made edits to their memes that are more than just cropping and adding text, it'll be something if an entry like that wins.

How many people actually read the entirety of the rules and eligibility?
  • FudgeappleFudgeapple
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    XCalibie wrote: »

How many people actually read the entirety of the rules and eligibility?

I usually do read the rules when i enter, but I'm also not a meme fan either. Although just to get out there to get used to doing something different. I read the rules ages ago but i don't know how i missed the restriction for people in other countries x.x .