Check out the patch notes for the Dungeon Guide System update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/63107/dungeon-guide-system-patch-notes-november-12th-2020
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

100% Repair Is Virtually Useless

Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
Mabinogi Rep: 705
Posts: 27
Member
in Feedback and Suggestions
Clickbait title ^

Because it cost far too much. Nearly 35,000 gold per point for my CRKs, nearly 18k/point for my savage fire wand, etc. It will put me in the red for any shadow mission I run, and running dungeons with that repair fee will break my bank in no time. As it stands, 100% repair is basically only for clothes, armor and wings purely due to the cost not being conducive to the frequency at which weapons must be repaired. This is definitely an improvement, but those items rarely lost durability anyways because they get repaired so infrequently. Unless you want to start farming and pawning off your rare drops to pay for repair fees. I'd suggest that the repair fee for 100% be moved to around 125% of the 98% repair fee, rather than around 200%. That's my opinion and my suggestion, how do you feel about it?
  1. Is 100% repair useful to you?105 votes
    1. Yes
       43% (45 votes)
    2. Yes, but only for low cost items
       30% (31 votes)
    3. No, it's too expensive
       25% (26 votes)
    4. Other, specify below
       3% (3 votes)

Comments

  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    Posts: 418
    Member
    You just have to think about what would save you more in the long run. You have the choice of gambling the lower repair rates, but remember you can always platinum hammer the durability back up. Sometimes buying platinum hammers could be cheaper than doing solely 100% repairs
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    Posts: 27
    Member
    edited July 20, 2017
    The notion that you should have to pick and choose what you don't want to break is ridiculous, and I've been playing this game for around 6 or 7 years or more (whenever pioneers of iria was being teased), when failing repairs was a justifiable design choice due to the heavily dimished role of gear, particularly weapons, in the game compared to other MMOs and Mabinogi right now. 100% repair should be available and useable for high end players at the level that 98% is. The repair system is a relic from times long past that is still here only because it has the potential to make a few bucks for the publisher. 100% repair should be a standard for high end geared players without breaking the bank every time you try, just like in every other MMO. Not having 100% repair at that level is far past justifiable and has been for years. It's just a matter of how much bullshit that the population is willing to put up with. People are happy that they have an improvement to the repair system, and that is evident in the poll, but don't realize that it's still a dodge to an industry standard mechanic (some MMOs don't even have repairs) that should have been implemented years ago.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,965
    Posts: 886
    Member
    Delicious gold sink. Hope it sinks the economy
    암호BuffalosEdethaKitsuyashaImaizumiClovis15VeylainePip-BoyChaosShadow
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Posts: 106
    Member
    Just gotta be more careful about using those repair cost multiplying enchants if you want to use 100% repair
    TheNyanCatSphyra21EdethaImaizumiClovis15MabskmkVeylaine
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,045
    Posts: 7,775
    Member
    It was designed to be this way.
    EdethaImaizumiClovis15Veylaine
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,060
    Posts: 887
    Member
    I would much rather pay 35k per point on a CRK than pay 20m or more on buying them again because my blacksmith keeps on breaking them.
    Though if the repair rate cost really becomes a problem for my wallet I can keep doing what I have been; using a 99% rate repair with Grantes on blessed items. :-)
    LeineiKokoroFaybalTheNyanCathaegolpurpleyClovis15YangKoete
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,220
    Posts: 2,334
    Member
    edited July 20, 2017
    If you're strong enough to have gotten the mats for CRKs, why not use some cheaper weapons that you don't have to worry about repairing when your funds are low?

    Also, according to the Wiki, these are the rates for CRKS:
    90% = 774 G
    93% = 2,904 G
    95% = 6,906 G
    96% = 9,553 G
    97% = 13,490 G
    98% = 17,428 G
    FaybalEdethapurpley
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 250
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    If you're strong enough to have gotten the mats for CRKs, why not use some cheaper weapons that you don't have to worry about repairing when your funds are low?

    Also, according to the Wiki, these are the rates for CRKS:
    90% = 774 G
    93% = 2,904 G
    95% = 6,906 G
    96% = 9,553 G
    97% = 13,490 G
    98% = 17,428 G

    Thats missing the brand new 100% repair that came out yesterday, which is, in fact, roughly 35k per point for CRK's. I agree with this completely, Nexon has a strange definition of "slightly more expensive". I assure you, twice the price is exactly zero peoples definition of "slightly more expensive".

    Also, whats the point in having an awesome, powerful, expensive weapon if you have to use other weapons on everything you fight just to avoid going broke?

    Xiokun wrote: »
    I would much rather pay 35k per point on a CRK than pay 20m or more on buying them again because my blacksmith keeps on breaking them.
    Though if the repair rate cost really becomes a problem for my wallet I can keep doing what I have been; using a 99% rate repair with Grantes on blessed items. :-)

    Idk about that, I'm pretty sure if you were to do some only very slightly fancy math, counting the number of total points repaired on a CRK in the time it takes to degrade to uselessness from using only 98% repairs, then multiply that number by the difference between the 98% and 100% repairs to get the amount of gold you would have paid above the standard repair fee had you used 100% the entire time, you would get WAY more then the 20-30mil it takes to buy and upgrade a new CRK. In fact, I'm curious, so I'll check that real fast before I hit post...

    17,428 is the 98% rate, so since its 2x for 100% that means each point at 100 costs u an extra 17,428 gold.

    Their base durability is 15, so lets use 15 for this hypothetical example CRK.

    Since CRK's have dura loss reduction, Lets call 5 max dura the throw away point, meaning 10 points of loss until uselessness.

    At a fail rate of 2%, 2 fails in 100 points or 1 in 50, in order to lose 10 points requires, statistically, 500 points worth of repairs to reach uselessness.

    If you were to break your CRK with 98% repairs across 500 points worth of repairs the total cost of 500 points worth of CRK use costs you 25mil for a new CRK and its upgrades plus 17,428 multiplied by the 500 points of repairs (8,714,000) for a total use cost of 33,714,000 to use and replace a CRK as a result of using 98% repairs only.

    If you were to use 100% repairs you would take that number, subtract the cost of a new CRK and its upgrades, since you wouldn't be getting a new one, and add another 17,428 times 500 (8,714,000) for the 2x increase in repair cost making a total of 17,428,000 gold for 500 points worth of use of a CRK at 100%.

    well... crap. Since I don't feel like going back and editing my post after calculating that I'll just say I was totally wrong. Nice job on the accurate estimation in the face of what seemed like the complete opposite to everyone else, including me. I would much rather pay 17mil across 500 points of use then 34mil across the same because I broke my super expensive sword. 9mil extra to repair it better is, in fact, much better then 25mil extra to replace it because I repaired it cheaply.

  • XatheXathe
    Mabinogi Rep: 870
    Posts: 12
    Member
    gotta love repairing tools at 100%, no longer having to worry about making new ones.
    haegolSphyra21ImaizumiClovis15Pip-Boy
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Posts: 315
    Member
    edited July 21, 2017
    It's worth it for some items, but I still honestly think this is way too stupidly expensive. To begin with, repair costs on each item aren't balanced at all. I wouldn't pay roughly the same amount of gold or MORE to repair a 2x celtic royal warrior axe over repairing a crk. CRKs don't wear down nearly as much because you can just FH for freaking days and not use dura at all, then bash some. Once again, things look substantially different depending on what skills and what racial skills you can use this stuff with. Some items wear down faster than others, some cost absurd amounts of gold despite being weak, etc. There's no balance in any of this. You can argue about gold sinks all you want, but this imbalance is there and that's what's ruining it for me.

    At the end of the day, I barely have enough time in my life to grind up enough gold to even get a single, not-even-popular item from a gacha with gold because everything here is gacha-only, let alone pay for this too. This is why I always loved 100% repair events. Doubt we'll ever be getting one ever again now.

    EDIT: Specifically I am talking about the latest content where everything is a stupid hp sponge, where the gap in durability saving between racial skills and weapon types stands out way too damn much. Of course you can go low budget on lower content and I do, but on high end content, things just add up way too fast with passes, repair costs, etc. Also, platinum hammer supply isn't infinite. Always keep that in mind when you use that argument. It's FAR from infinite.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 250
    Member
    Siodhan wrote: »
    It's worth it for some items, but I still honestly think this is way too stupidly expensive. To begin with, repair costs on each item aren't balanced at all. I wouldn't pay roughly the same amount of gold or MORE to repair a 2x celtic royal warrior axe over repairing a crk. CRKs don't wear down nearly as much because you can just FH for freaking days and not use dura at all, then bash some. Once again, things look substantially different depending on what skills and what racial skills you can use this stuff with. Some items wear down faster than others, some cost absurd amounts of gold despite being weak, etc. There's no balance in any of this. You can argue about gold sinks all you want, but this imbalance is there and that's what's ruining it for me.

    At the end of the day, I barely have enough time in my life to grind up enough gold to even get a single, not-even-popular item from a gacha with gold because everything here is gacha-only, let alone pay for this too. This is why I always loved 100% repair events. Doubt we'll ever be getting one ever again now.

    EDIT: Specifically I am talking about the latest content where everything is a stupid hp sponge, where the gap in durability saving between racial skills and weapon types stands out way too damn much. Of course you can go low budget on lower content and I do, but on high end content, things just add up way too fast with passes, repair costs, etc. Also, platinum hammer supply isn't infinite. Always keep that in mind when you use that argument. It's FAR from infinite.

    Ya, many very good points, my numbers ARE from 1 spesific weapon. I also wasnt looking, in the slightest, for any sort of playtime or hit count figures, I was doing durability use based on raw number of points repaired, so the time it takes to chug through 500 points of repairs on a crk is absolutely going to differ from the time it takes to chug through the same on something like a giant hammer or a staff, I have a similar topic under the opposite name in general (more apropriate place for the topic I think) with the same math and I wrote a huge thing when some guy brought up the multiplied repair fee enchants, his example applied freaking x15 between 2 enchants and the result totally changed, with that added into the numbers it came out that if u had really good r1 reforges, they were about the same cost, but anything short of that and 98% becomes cheaper hands down, it is absolutely always important to remember cost per day as well as cost per point or cost per replacement like I did, it would be possible for sure to come up with figures for average repair cost per day, accounting for eventual replacement at 98%, but something like that would require gathering information like how many bashes it takes to drop a point with each weapon as well as that compared to final hit and pretty much every other useful skill in the game, exactly how race and stuff like that bard buff for reduced dura loss play into it, how long it takes to clear a given piece of content and how many bashes or whatever skill per given time interval you use during said content, I would need to reteach myself way more algebra then im willing to relearn in order to figure that out accurately, any physicists here wanna help us out?

    sry bout the crap structure suddenly btw, getting typing fatigue and no longer have enough left to give any to spelling or grammar anymore
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Posts: 521
    Member
    No, I'm actually glad they finally introduced the 100% repair system so I don't have to worry about losing my disabilities on my gear.
    Sphyra21Edetha
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Posts: 521
    Member
    No, I'm actually glad they finally introduced the 100% repair system so I don't have to worry about losing my disabilities on my gear.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 250
    Member
    Well really the only diference between weapon types, skill use, and race would come down to how big the gap is. Generally the only things that have high enough repair fee for this to be an issue are things that cost enough to buy clean that they pass the critical point where its cheaper to double the repairs then to eventually replace the item. Pretty much the only time where you would get an item being more expensive in the long run to repair at 100% then it would be to do 98% and replace eventually is in the case of heavily multiplied repair costs, but even at something like 15x repair fee, if you have good r1 reforges, its pretty much a toss up.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,945
    Posts: 1,157
    Member
    edited July 21, 2017
    Maybe consider using weaker weapons for Shadow Missions while super weapons on current super hard contents like Phantasm?
    Since you can already clear most Shadow Missiosn with some mid-tier weapons.

    Just a thought.
    LeineiEdethaPip-Boy
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 250
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    Maybe consider using weaker weapons for Shadow Missions while super weapons on current super hard contents like Phantasm?
    Since you can already clear most Shadow Missiosn with some mid-tier weapons.

    Just a thought.

    You pretty much have to regardless, now you just have the option of not being eventually forced to remake your fancy weapon.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,220
    Posts: 2,334
    Member
    Blortad wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    If you're strong enough to have gotten the mats for CRKs, why not use some cheaper weapons that you don't have to worry about repairing when your funds are low?

    Also, according to the Wiki, these are the rates for CRKS:
    90% = 774 G
    93% = 2,904 G
    95% = 6,906 G
    96% = 9,553 G
    97% = 13,490 G
    98% = 17,428 G

    Thats missing the brand new 100% repair that came out yesterday, which is, in fact, roughly 35k per point for CRK's. I agree with this completely, Nexon has a strange definition of "slightly more expensive". I assure you, twice the price is exactly zero peoples definition of "slightly more expensive".

    I usually have business weapons (the really costly ones) and the run-around weapons (the ones I don't really care get a point knocked off or not). Also, the reason I didn't include that ~35k rate was because it wasn't officially declared on the Wiki, and it was already stated in the first comment of the thread. Also, look at 96% and 98%, that's almost double in price too. =T
  • MontjulentMontjulent
    Mabinogi Rep: 665
    Posts: 14
    Member
    You are NOT allowed to complain about repairs unless you're an alchemist.

    6PXrXps.jpg
    SherriInfighter
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    Im personally happy for this because much of my equipment i consider to be a one time obtain like deal. Like my lunar dragon armor which is upgraded and not easily replaced unless someone sells it or event returns where you can obtain it again. Event items and limited gacha only prizes are some of the things id use the 100% repairs for. Some can be quite pricey to repair but Id consider the cost of replacing said item if it were to break and lose durability repeated to the point of not being functional which will happen with time. In my case money is well spent to save the durability on what i consider close to irreplaceable items.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,345
    Posts: 661
    Member
    Montjulent wrote: »
    You are NOT allowed to complain about repairs unless you're an alchemist.
    That's a demonic weapon, every single one of them are expensive to repair. Just about every other cylinder is under 10k for perfect repairs.