Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So did anyone actually lose anything?

Comments

• GormandizeGormandize
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    If i'm not mistaken, we technically own nothing in the game. So whether Nexon decides to reimburse or not is up to them.

2.7 NX, Purchase of Virtual Items and Account Balances.

While using the Service, you may have the opportunity to visit online and in-game “stores” where you can obtain and use Nexon’s virtual currency, known as NX, and digital, in-game items. Anything obtained in our stores is not purchased by you, but rather is licensed to you under the terms of this ToS and the applicable agreements. NX has no "real world" value, but may be exchanged for in-game items. You acknowledge that the NX acquired through the Service is not real currency or any type of financial instrument and is not redeemable for any sum of money from us at any time. REGARDLESS OF THE CONSIDERATION OFFERED OR PAID IN EXCHANGE FOR VIRTUAL CURRENCY, YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN THE ITEMS OBTAINED WITH VIRTUAL CURRENCY.

All purchases of NX and/or virtual items in our stores are subject to our Terms of Sale policy. All purchases made through third party distribution platforms (e.g., purchases made on Steam) are subject to that third party platform’s terms and conditions.

We have no obligation or responsibility to and will not reimburse you for any item or any NX lost due to your violations of this ToS or any other applicable agreement.
    Yokkaichi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 22, 2017
    You are right they technically don't have to reimburse or replace anything. But that would be bad customer service and would create a severe negative experience for the customer and a bad reputation thus hurting their business.
    XiokunAichann
  • GormandizeGormandize
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    Eh, one in a million would not really do anything. That's my opinion anyways. How many people actually lose items in Crashes? It's been a while.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 22, 2017
    Gormandize wrote: »
    Eh, one in a million would not really do anything. That's my opinion anyways. How many people actually lose items in Crashes? It's been a while.

Sometimes it happens, especially if a player is moving around stuff in their inventory during a crash.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I think the only reason they wouldn't be able to actually fix an item for someone is if they somehow got scammed, like taking part in a drop trade as opposed to using the trade or mail window.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Leinei wrote: »
    I think the only reason they wouldn't be able to actually fix an item for someone is if they somehow got scammed, like taking part in a drop trade as opposed to using the trade or mail window.

Or conducting business with Nx or paypal.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Ah, yes. That is true. =3
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    so if i photoshop a soluna blade on my character will I get one? It worked on a different Nexon game where the person got an item worth well over 5k dollars. Only reason Nexon found out about it was because the guy was an idiot and bragged about it.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 22, 2017
    dowie wrote: »
    so if i photoshop a soluna blade on my character will I get one? It worked on a different Nexon game where the person got an item worth well over 5k dollars. Only reason Nexon found out about it was because the guy was an idiot and bragged about it.

This thread is not about Soluna Blade. Get over it. I told the reason to not carry on about that topic and you people are still trying to derail this thread moaning about the "terrible" accident which was fixed months ago. Just stop. Thanks.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    What even happened with this thread. lol

Back on topic.
    I didn't lose anything. I wasn't even online when all of this happened thankfully.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    People forget how easy it is to mod this game. Thats all i'm gonna say.

As for what they mean by "lost items" i'd assume that they meant elite passes or something? Cause thats what people have been saying alot when the servers were crashing.
    "I was in the middle of x elite misson. rip my pass"
    Aichann
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100

You mean reporting with photoshopped photo and claiming that you lost that photoshopped item? Normally it won't work because before GMs recover an item, they look for item logs (which belongs to the server) first to see if player really had that item or not.
    Greta
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Finity wrote: »

You mean reporting with photoshopped photo and claiming that you lost that photoshopped item? Normally it won't work because before GMs recover an item, they look for item logs (which belongs to the server) first to see if player really had that item or not.

exactly. if i for example lost my White Permanant Fluffy Fox Tail in a crash. i could just supply them with one of my many picture of my character(since it never comes off except for RB) wearing it. they can then look through my character data logs and find out where the item came from who it transferred between. and where it went if i had the item. thus they could prove it was in my possession. thus restoring it to me.

you would have no idea how much id be upset if i lost my Tail. or any of my Fox items in general that i use to make my fox like appearance. i probably be pissed off. i have a very strong connection to my character
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    Greta wrote: »

This thread is not about Soluna Blade. Get over it. I told the reason to not carry on about that topic and you people are still trying to derail this thread moaning about the "terrible" accident which was fixed months ago. Just stop. Thanks.

Actually i made no mention of the incident but you carried it there.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I didn't lose anything from the incident that happened as of recently, thankfully.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Soluna blade controversy AGAIN.

giphy.gif
    Kensamaofmari
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaea wrote: »
    Soluna blade controversy AGAIN.

giphy.gif

Let's just leave at that cute silly gif. xD What done is done.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I wasn't even aware something had happened. I don't think I was on before Friday. When exactly was the incident and what happened? From the way you all are saying, it sounds like there was some kind of mass item loss? Was it from d/cing problems?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I wasn't even aware something had happened. I don't think I was on before Friday. When exactly was the incident and what happened? From the way you all are saying, it sounds like there was some kind of mass item loss? Was it from d/cing problems?

The dcing problems.
    WolfandWolf