Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

FAKE C/O...

Comments

• justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    waiting for access to high poly hair and outfits using crafting and pon.

then i'll be happy XD
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    The fact that this game still forces us to use a temporary party advertisement system to advertise our sales items is honestly pathetic. The lack of a proper sales bulletin has led to the mess of a market system we're stuck with now: one where lying is more profitable and easier than actual business, and people looking for stuff never get heard because they are drowned out by everyone else.
    RheyKitsuyashaSherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 19, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    The fact that this game still forces us to use a temporary party advertisement system to advertise our sales items is honestly pathetic. The lack of a proper sales bulletin has led to the mess of a market system we're stuck with now: one where lying is more profitable and easier than actual business, and people looking for stuff never get heard because they are drowned out by everyone else.

The auction house was a smart idea executed poorly. :(
    Kitsuyasha
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Rhey wrote: »

The auction house is just another gold sink that's gotten terribly out dated and never used anymore. It should have been a system for players to put their own items up for auction like every other game does.
  • RheyRhey

The auction house is just another gold sink that's gotten terribly out dated and never used anymore. It should have been a system for players to put their own items up for auction like every other game does.

Even the lost and found used to flip players own items back on them...just mix this feature with auction house and voila???
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    classic sales tactic...
    yes it's kinda underhanded and I personally disapprove of it, but whatcha' gonna do?
    buyer beware.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Tara as a whole was a smart idea that was poorly executed. ;)
    Sherri
  • RheyRhey

Do tell...how so?

Do tell...how so?

Other than for dailies, it's a ghost town.
    There was a whole lot they could've done in Tara, so much potential never exploited.
    Sherri
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Zeo wrote: »
    Remind me of that one girl (thankfully she quits because she's extremely controlling and tries to dictate everyone on how they should price their items) a while ago on Alexina server who had a Hot Pink Heart wings and she 'got' the current offer of '40m' or whatever it is but she kept advertising it for more than a month with a current offer of 40m... like really, at this point, why not just take the offer?? Then her current offer 'disappeared' and she claim that the person who made an offer withdrew that then the girl raised her a/w up from 50m to 60m even though NO ONE were offering on it.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Wheres the poll option for "Rare items increase in value over time"

So yeah... I also felt like the paragraph I just typed is a good reason why items being rare does NOT always increase in value over time... especially with the hot pink heart wings and some other stuffs... sometime they drop in the value when we get new stuffs in game.

But anyways, back onto the topic, yeah... I agree that some people who put up fake current offers are extremely annoying and they should really stop with that while advertising it for a month or longer with the 'same current offer'.

OMG I remember that person. I had the blue heart wings, and she started asking me what I value them at. She just wanted to gloat that her wings were 40mil at least. I just slowly walked away.
  • GormandizeGormandize
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    My Parties always say "B> (Item) Note Price". I don't like offering on items, I really hate when I am trying to buy something and the person says "offer", or "I don't know the price, offer". N*** no, if you're selling something at least know how much you want for said item. If I can buy the item, even if it's overprice i'll buy it.
  • AbsintheAbsinthe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    Ascending bid auctions are the tool of trade for hawkers, swindlers, and other disreputable salesmen. So I’m not sure what you expect. Those who make their living buying and selling at auctions tend to favor auction formats that result in a win-win for both the seller and the winning bidder. Competitive auctions are just bad for business.

IMO, the best auction format is second-price sealed bid auctions. The reason I think it is the best is that it is the only common auction format where the optimal strategy is to speak the truth. It seems rather lame to opt for any other type of auction and then whine and complain about the inevitable consequences (i.e. participants not speaking the truth). But then losers always seem to want strategies they can’t beat to be illegal.
  • AbsintheAbsinthe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    Oh, I might add. In "real life" it is not unusual for sellers to bid on their own items up to their reserve price. And the reserve price is never disclosed to other bidders. It is also not unusual for bidders to bid by proxy. There is no reason why bidders need to know the identity of other bidders.

Also, MMO auction houses are often just nesting grounds for leeches. One of the problems I face is that I am usually not even in the market for gold. Auction houses are just a convenient way to dump my surpluses. But there is no way for me to mark goods as not for resale. So I'm usually forced to way overprice things just to keep all the leeches from flipping them. It seems impossible to introduce any savings into this farce you lot call an economy.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    I say "Welcome to reality". Try buying a car without the seller saying there's two other guys with offers.

Unfortunately it's part of all sales and negotiations to know what cards the other guys holding. It's a learned skill to know how to manipulate the deal in your favor. If someone posts c/o 40m, just say "if the bidder backs out I'd pay 30m". And if they come back and say "they backed out, I'll take that offer" Then you change your price to 25m ;D
    [Deleted User]
    In reality, consumers have option to be the stronger party at haggling.
    However, in a game like Mabi, it is a bit harder for buyers to be able to grab a real feel of the seller, the cards they hold seem to be inferior to what the seller holds especially for rarer items.

Which is why, I think if they make a neutral system for auction using the auction NPC, it will be much fairer for consumers.
    In fact, that's how auctions are supposed to work anyways, via a 3rd party.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    I say "Welcome to reality". Try buying a car without the seller saying there's two other guys with offers.

In reality there are hundreds of other places you could buy a car and you're likely to find someone who won't do that to you at another car mart. Hell, you'll probably get an even better deal from another dealership if you look long enough. In a game there just aren't nearly as many salesman for every item, so you're probably just stuck with the moron trying to swindle you.
    XiokunSherri

In reality there are hundreds of other places you could buy a car and you're likely to find someone who won't do that to you at another car mart. Hell, you'll probably get an even better deal from another dealership if you look long enough. In a game there just aren't nearly as many salesman for every item, so you're probably just stuck with the moron trying to swindle you.

Unless, that is the only dealer of that brand in your area.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

Unless, that is the only dealer of that brand in your area.

Meaningless. When people say anything can be ordered online these days, they mean it. There are dealers that will custom order a car and deliver it to you.

I think the problem with Mabinogi in particular is the insistence that there *has* to be a rarity factor to make an item "special". You see the attitude in Japanese shows about MMOs. "Ooooh! He has this super rare item. He must be SPECIAL!" This unfortunately is common in most Asian MMOs I've seen. You see it in most pay to win games... the social standing that comes with that one special item is such that people will pay out the nose in IRL money to get it, forgetting all real life issues. (Example, Soluna Blade in Korea.)

Most western MMOs handle the "special" factor by making sure you have to go through a lot of questing, raiding, etc to get it. It's not so rare that you can't get it, but showing it off means you beat x or y raid, monster, quest, etc. These items are usually no-trade and exist to emphasize an accomplishment. Cash shop stuff is usually pretty straightforward and emphasizes consumables or items that are needed in massive amounts. (Example: Building on instanced properties in Everquest2 is huge, so their cash shop emphasizes housing items and even "building blocks" for people to create their own buildings. People keep coming back for new stuff to build with.)

You combine this forced rarity factor with the lack of a central sales board or auction house, and you have a downright mess. I still don't understand why Nexon Korea UTTERLY REFUSES to give us the auction system. Would there still be fake offers by alts? Of course. But I think this would be countered by alternate auctions and observing how they move. People would have a better idea of how much people really are willing to pay, and whether or not they should pay similarly.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    All this could be avoided if gacha rates for things we want were more common. :(
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Xiokun wrote: »
    All this could be avoided if gacha rates for things we want were more common. :(

That wouldn't fix people trying to scam others in this manner, it'd only reduce the prices they'd be artificially inflating to.
    Nilrem