Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A Grand Horror Story

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    The odds of that, dear lord lol that poor soul. He should have just bought a step 7 bhafel for way less. I wouldn't be surprised if nexon tracks spending patterns and adjusts success rates accordingly, people who spend a ton like that always end up screwed it seems like.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 22, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    Most likely fake.

No this story has been circulating for a few days now. Some player purchased 28 bundles and made it public.

Still probably fake. Just because someone posted it on facebook, guild chat, or something doesn't make it real. If he's selling 280 rebirth potions maybe he's not lying. But with chances like that he'd have just won the lottery thrice. It's a 1 in 500,000,000 chance of having 56 stones fail on you. The chance of winning the lottery is something like 1 in 176 million. Even if he only did 28 reds it a 1 in 250,000 chance of it happening.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited July 22, 2017
    This is all unlikely only if the game mechanics operate in a fair way which I'm pretty sure there is no legal reason why it should- or rather, there is no real legal way to verify the game mechanics work in a fair way short of a very complicated and thorough lawsuit. I mean the game is made overseas where laws are totally different, who's to say that they can't manipulate players based on whatever variables they want to.

ce8c053b1d.jpg
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I don't understand why someone would lie about losing that kind of money though? Only reason I can think of is to deter people from buying the packages but we all know posting bad rates for gachas and things doesn't stop people from dropping hundreds (and now thousands?) of dollars on them anyway. Lying about something like that isn't going to do much for you, so why bother?
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I don't understand why someone would lie about losing that kind of money though? Only reason I can think of is to deter people from buying the packages but we all know posting bad rates for gachas and things doesn't stop people from dropping hundreds (and now thousands?) of dollars on them anyway. Lying about something like that isn't going to do much for you, so why bother?

Attention. People like attention.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 22, 2017
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »

Attention. People like attention.

Anybody who spend 80$ once and fails is justified to a rant imo. That's an 8 hr shift @ a minimum wage job down the drain. I'm in favor of letting people vent on the forum if they need 2. They're prolly having a sour day now. B)
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Just got flashbacks of when I spent about 3m on fees alone to upgrade a weapon and it never even went past step 1. Maybe went to step 2 once. Maybe.

I almost quit the game that day. I probably should've.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Fweep wrote: »
    Just got flashbacks of when I spent about 3m on fees alone to upgrade a weapon and it never even went past step 1. Maybe went to step 2 once. Maybe.

/MyCondolences
    Fweep
  • Jayy124Jayy124
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Yikes.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735

I stopped upgrading when it doesn't look like it will ever pass step 2. That was my first time doing special upgrades and thought it isn't that hard to get step 6 because I have heard tales of people buying an OP weapon then getting it to step 6 within minutes. I learnt my lesson and always stop at step 2 and just wait for lucky stones since I'm not swimming in gold.
    Fweep
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited July 23, 2017
    ShouK wrote: »

I stopped upgrading when it doesn't look like it will ever pass step 2. That was my first time doing special upgrades and thought it isn't that hard to get step 6 because I have heard tales of people buying an OP weapon then getting it to step 6 within minutes. I learnt my lesson and always stop at step 2 and just wait for lucky stones since I'm not swimming in gold.

It was before Lucky Stones. And my train of thought was "If I run out of gold and this thing still doesn't go past step 1, I'm quitting" and "well, there's no way it's going to fail again!"

hahahaHAHAHA. Lucky Stones are a blessing.