Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Clay to Earth

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
Not sure who else noticed but Clay Alchemy has changed to Earth Alchemy Mastery (clay -> and added "Mastery" to the end)

6c1fc49ab0.png

Clay Crystals became Earth Crystals, too.

What a random change.
AellbadnewsbarrettZeopawcalypseNilrem

Comments

• dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    I always assumed the whole clay thing was a translation error or something as it's not one of the four elements.

pawcalypse
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    I'm gonna miss clay, but earth sounds way better.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I'm not the only one who noticed? Sweet! :o I like clay though. Clay will always stay true to my heart.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited July 22, 2017
    Clay -> Earth is in various other places, like when talking about Crystal cost for some alchemy skills.

The skill info for Metal Conversion still calls it "dirt" though. :*
  • megamanexe79megamanexe79
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
    It's like that time they made tailteann farming a VIP-service only feature.

A change that goes completely undocumented or talked about until players bring it up. Except this time it doesn't screw people over :)
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    It's like that time they made tailteann farming a VIP-service only feature.

A change that goes completely undocumented or talked about until players bring it up. Except this time it doesn't screw people over :)

Well, when that farming change happened, it was talked about for awhile. People just don't talk about it anymore because of how inefficient of a money maker it is.

I would only ever want it just to get the journal points associated with it.
  • knightoneknightone
    Mabinogi Rep: 885
    Air is among the elements. Wind is merely air in moving state. Just like how clay is one form of earth.

The game will be more fun if pass system is removed. There can be restriction on number of runs per day by a player as a balance.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I love the Clay to Earth name change.
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    I had mentioned it in some other forum post...I think it was the patch notes? I can't remember.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Yeah, I prefer the Earth one instead of Clay one too.. though it's weird that they added the 'Mastery' in the end of the skill while other three don't have it.
    TheNyanCat
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited July 23, 2017
    HAHAH, so funny story to share:

I ranked all my battle-alchemy skills last week real fast to leave lifeskill-like alchemy skills for alchemy x2 exp buff and I've been trying to figure out why I won't get "Clay Alchemy" skill. That's what I see on Wiki, not realizing "Earth Alchemy" is the new skill name.

Been checking off from this list. I didn't realize Earth Alchemy wasn't even on it. Just that I'm missing "Clay Alchemy". I was also thinking, the entire time, "God, how incredibly friggin' stupid. Why would they have two very similar masteries? It's just more work. They should've just merged the two." HAHAHA

5167b4c070.png

Mind you, I've never EVER touched alchemy skills before, so I had no idea what is supposed to be normal and what isn't. I also apparently lack common sense and observational skills, since I didn't think very much about how "clay" crystals are now "earth" crystals. Just a quick "huh, how strange" from me. No connecting the dots.

Ranking alchemy was just all a blur, ok.

Thanks to this thread, the mystery I semi got over a few days ago has now been solved (I kinda kept telling myself "ah, i'll send a ticket later, I have other skills to rank right now.")