Check out the patch notes for the Dungeon Guide System update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/63107/dungeon-guide-system-patch-notes-november-12th-2020
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

2x life skill week is too short

LiyetaLiyeta
Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
in General Chat
There is 8 talent under life skill and there is only one week for it. Player can only rebirth once every 6 days that mean they can only train one life talent this week (well maximum is actually 3 without rb pots and unlimited if they use rb pots).

Isn't it better to make it two week for 2x life skill instead of one ?
badnewsbarrettTentacle

Comments

• OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Why didnt you rank 1 everything first

Joking/.

Just rank all skills that have priority

Handicraft
    Blacksmith
    Tailoring
    Weaving
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    If your willing to go the extra mile, and haven't raised your potential levels that high yet you can get rebirth pots from that.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    leveling blacksmith pretty much REQUIRES you to use training seals to level it.
    Unless you enjoy going through the torture of running Rundal siren like 50 thousand times.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,755
    edited July 23, 2017
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Unless you enjoy going through the torture of running Rundal siren like 50 thousand times.

except you don't actually have to finish those armors it makes you craft... I'm pretty sure
    You can finish any armor to get training for blacksmithing. The only thing you cant get is "successes".
    Also if you get to level 200 and/or reforges you can skip a lot of blacksmithing training. I personally got to rank 3 smithing through this with a level 2 blacksmithing EXP reforge. (I stopped at rank 3 because oooh boy my holywater reserves is very low, and i'd rather just finish it off with a bunch of event seals)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,055
    bumping up the 3 pages of spam
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,930
    Arjune wrote: »

except you don't actually have to finish those armors it makes you craft... I'm pretty sure

Yeah you shouldn't need to finish the armors you're crafting if it's the ranks I'm thinking about.

Though if you were making armors like Male Valencia or Giant Valencia armors, you could have one of your other characters go through the Fighter Rush of Love questline until you got to the part where you can fight a "Scandalous Charlene", if you side with Cecilia, that always drops Siren's Wing Mask if you smash crit her, which is used in finishing those.
    If the alt is weak, you can do that, pick up the mask and leave without killing her to essentially be able to farm that one type of mask.

Might not get much training for finishing them, but at least if you finish them you could theoretically fragment them to get some materials back.
  • TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    With how horribad training most life skills is, I'd like to see a permanent x2 training on top of any events.
    ArchdukeValeCortez
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    With how ultra grindy life skills are, I for once agree that the event time is too short. Usually I'm with the prioritize your time camp. But things like Blacksmithing or Herbalism/Potion making. Are you kidding me? Even when I stack things and get x8 I gain 0.04?!

I'd still advise prioritizing what you want to rank. I either R1 or mastered 5 skills and put a bunch of ranks in others. Went from near bottom Chef (class) to Champion Chef. Ran low on AP sadly.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Hmm like, i need 500 wool to make 100 thick thread, that 100 thick thread will be used to make 20 fabric. there is rng for making fabric, the chance of getting finest fabric is like 1 every 10 tries (im very generous with the rng) so 2 finest fabric every 500 wool.

I need 3 ish finest fabric for a chance of getting great results that is 52% ish sucess rate (8/8 people on production party) with a chance of getting normal success (with poopy exp) instead of great results.
    In my case i need 25 great result for ONE rank up.
    That is with 2x training from talent, lvl 200, and event.

For carpentry im stuck at rank 8. Where i need 259 wood board, 655 large nail, and 655 tough thread to rank all the way to r1. Im planning to make wood board myself. There is no way i can finish this by the end of life skill week.

For blacksmith. I run out of finest leather strap at rank A. Need 25 great results in making Valencia, that is 10 iron ingot 3 finest leather strap, 3 braid. Same rules as tailoring.

It took me arounx a year to gather 100 finest leather and fine leather by myself, casually.

Actually its not bad at all if you love multi layer rng, savage drop rate, and your char wiggling their butts for hundreds of time.

Btw if you are on alexina feel free to use the sheep farm on ch 1 and 2 near tir moon gate (not ciar nor alby), chicken farm near endelyon ch 2, and spider farm in emain (if it is still intact) ch 2.
    i made those XD. Well whenever im not around.
    Tentacle
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    ^ You're not meant to finish all life skills within this one week though..

Lol at people complaining about life skills grindiness. I would totally understand if it was before the recent update but Nexon has made it way more easier to rank skills because of the 2x training exp level 200 gives. I would kill to get that when I was training blacksmith during the previous master plan event.
    LeineiGreaKokoroKagaImaizumiCarlize
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,945
    Or you know. Take priorities and pick the ones you want.

Did you honestly think the game and event was designed for you to finish in one to two weeks?
    LeineiDanievictriaImaizumi
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,755
    edited July 24, 2017
    I think they should have added the Torchlight Bazaar event. it was really useful for getting materials like fabric and leather... right now all we really have is Festia spam for mats and ofc the hard way of making them from scratch

I forgot just how much my 10 exp reforged handicraft kit and tailoring kit and smithing hammer helped me out... Thanks to the exp10 I didn't need wood boards for handicraft til like r3 which I skipped using skill training seals ... I made things like marionette repair kits instead I think. then r2 you can literally train making paper cranes. I think if you get to level 200 it works about the same as an exp 10 reforge?
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,685
    I've been using this week to rank Tailoring on my female human alt. I got r1 Sheep Shearing just last night and plan to run around with the "Shearer of Sheep" title on her forevermore. ("Don't mess with me, son! I've got r1 Sheep Shearing! Sheep go bald just looking at me, homie! You don't want none of this, 'bruh!" XD)

Just use the time to prioritize the one life skill talent that you want to raise most badly and don't get too tense that you can't do it all at once or get everything to r1 by this Thursday. Life skills are grindy, that's true (especially the ones that need you to make items a certain number of ranks above your skill rank to get any exp. at all and/or rely heavily on the RNG liking you enough that day...), but just take your time, pick what you want to work on most, and try to have as much fun as you can with it. If you have a smart T.V. or a Kindle Firestick or something, you can have a Let's Play going in the background while you gather materials. If you don't have that, turn on some good music to keep you pumped and going strong (love Teen Titans GO! or hate it, the episode "40%, 40%, 20%" was totally right about the power of music). And if you get worn out, don't forget to take a break, stretch your legs, crack your back, grab a drink of water and a quick snack, give your pets some love if you have them, let the people you live with know you're still breathing, water the house plants if you have them, hit the bathroom, then get back to it when you're feeling refreshed. And if you don't reach all of your goals this very week, that's O.K. Knowing this game, there'll be another event soon enough that will give you some kind of boost to help you through your training, so breathe and relax or you'll burn yourself out.
    Desutai
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,055
    Then again, all the training days are short.
    You'll just have to find a way to make it efficient.
    Desutai
  • MissDevichiMissDevichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    I mastered Magic Craft and Blacksmithing. Im pretty happy with myself. I wish I had the option of x16 when i was doing my life skills. If i didnt already have my life skills done I'd work on tailoring, engineering, or magic craft, since you can always dupe ingots. You have life talent anyway, so getting holy water shouldn't be that bad.
    Desutai
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    edited July 25, 2017
    Before we have more threads like this I'd like to be the first to crush all your dreams and say "This whole event is too short can we have an extra 2 years and while were at it increase active talent exp boost to x8 for the rest of the games existence, and also i want a crystal deer and the giant update".

Seriously tho every event we get a thread like this. They are events. You dont go to the store and ask for a discount on an item that was on sell a month ago. Just be glad for what they give you. I aint tryna start crud but bloating the forums with stuff like this almost never works.
    Seriously tho every event we get a thread like this. They are events. You dont go to the store and ask for a discount on an item that was on sell a month ago. Just be glad for what they give you. I aint tryna start crud but bloating the forums with stuff like this almost never works.

People haggle in retail stores all the time though :^)
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Before we have more threads like this I'd like to be the first to crush all your dreams and say "This whole event is too short can we have an extra 2 years and while were at it increase active talent exp boost to x8 for the rest of the games existence, and also i want a crystal deer and the giant update".

you leave a bit ray of hope over there
    "Almost never work" will not be too effective in crushing people hope and dream.

XD
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030

Or you also can use your Commerce partner (or find someone with it) to get loooooot of Siren's Glasses which you can buy for 10k each which is needed to make that one armor... not too bad.