Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

REVAMPED ADV HM DUNGEONS IN A NUTSHELL~

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited July 24, 2017 in General Chat
>3-4hrs to get mangle pass
>1-2hrs to reach boss room
>Whips out CC4 wand
>SPAM

q4Uq5n.gif
One hour laterz...bored.gif
zaI2OI.gif
>Proceed to open chest...
SBoyPB.png
tenor.gif
  1. PLOX put RS and B. Seal Chainz in seal shop.13 votes
    1. 80 seals per seal chainz.
       15% (2 votes)
    2. 100 seals per radiant strings.
       31% (4 votes)
    3. This way it will cost same as royal knight armor if we want to completely skip the bs above~
       31% (4 votes)
    4. And/or so we can supplement the amount we need after we're tired of putting up with the bs.
       23% (3 votes)

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Well... With the radiant strings being used to make the Celtic Royal Crossbow, you kinda need to put up with more BS due to trying to find a party to make the success rate high enough to not fail.
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    I feel like if they put those mats in seal shop, it wouldn't have that same feeling of accomplishment when you finally achieve your goal. Also, wouldn't that eventually end with the market being flooded to the point that end-game weapons no longer have any value?
    [Deleted User]
  • RheyRhey
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Well... With the radiant strings being used to make the Celtic Royal Crossbow, you kinda need to put up with more BS due to trying to find a party to make the success rate high enough to not fail.

That part 2...And not forgetting that we need 4(chains) and 3(RS) per attempt...

oh gawd. This is why we need an easier(but not handout-ish) way to obtain more rs.

Plz nexon pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

giphy.gif
  • RheyRhey
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Did you…
    Solo this with 3 of your alt ?

They had more or less the same reward results...notagain2.gif

I feel like if they put those mats in seal shop, it wouldn't have that same feeling of accomplishment when you finally achieve your goal. Also, wouldn't that eventually end with the market being flooded to the point that end-game weapons no longer have any value?

I'd take any alternatives over ADVHM's and it's massive RNG bs...Not asking 4 handouts...just sumthing less taxing on my sanity.smoke.gif
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator

At least with more dan ranked life skills coming out you can raise the success rate a bit more.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Lot of people have been saying this.. the drop rate in dungeons (including Phantasm) have been an issue for a while now... especially in NA Mabinogi and they should really tweak the drop rate so it's more bearable for us... or at least introduce some form of token system where we can run xx amount of dungeons to get enough to turn in for one of the materials or items you really want.
    MhaolNilremTheNyanCat
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »

At least with more dan ranked life skills coming out you can raise the success rate a bit more.

Well, that's a thing you COULD do now, but yeah it's gonna get a lot easier to do so.

And the extra success rate for doing so is nice.
    (99% is still gonna be 99% though... :()
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    People still do dans?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    TNinja wrote: »
    People still do dans?

Not really.

But the dan system's gonna get revamped in a coming update.
    hype
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited July 24, 2017
    If they're easier to get then no one would bother doing the dungeons and the value would drop dramatically. However there is a way around this. We need to get more people doing the dungeons with the same success rate so there are more mats on the market place, but also more people would be needed to keep the demand high to keep the value high. Basically what we need is to somehow increase the number of people on a server to about the total population of Mabinogi NA. If only there were some way of doing it, but I can't think of any.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Did you…
    Solo this with 3 of your alt ?

That sounds like "Do you have 4 PCs @ your house?"... don't encourage people use mod.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    I mean this is something that never changes. Drop rates will always be abysmal
  • RheyRhey
    Spending ur entire only day off during the weekends for one fail run is not amusing @ all...30 attempt's = 1 month if u run one per day. I'd hate 2 be that guy who spends his entire yearly one month vacation package just to fail getting 3 RS.

0ef498b870d0f1f27936040c44e0ed78d927e4b3_hq.gif
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I don't really mind slogging through the dungeons but the rewards at the end do kinda suck. Doing a 2-3 hour dungeon and getting a Pure White Dust is a little frustrating.

I like how in the 'first generation Celtic materials," the most common drops are Lightless Metal Fragment or Broken Ring Frame. You need a fair number of these in the crafting of Celtic weapons so it doesn't feel like a waste of time getting them (though of course it is cooler
    when you get a Forgotten Mage Gem or Broken Seal Chain).

In the "second generation of Celtic materials" it feels like the Pure White Dusts, Distortion Powder etc. makes up 90% of the drop chance with the new Celtic materials all making up the remaining 10%. While this is excellent news for those who like making the success rate increasing potions, it makes crafting the new weapons unrealistically grindy. You need a fairly large pile of Ruptured/Shattered Black Metals to craft anything and even they don't drop nearly often enough.

As if that's not enough, you can still fail at the crafting stage too. After dungeoning/buying materials for a few months, I finally managed to obtain all the materials for the Celtic Control Bar. The base success rate with no buffs is 10%. With every buff I was realistically able to get (not going to reforge a Handicraft Kit...) I only managed to bring it up to 47%. I decided to yolo it. It failed. I cried.

Anyway, tl;dr I think that making the dungeons harder is fine but it doesn't feel very rewarding at the end after a one hour slap-fest with the boss.
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I don't really mind slogging through the dungeons but the rewards at the end do kinda suck. Doing a 2-3 hour dungeon and getting a Pure White Dust is a little frustrating.

I like how in the 'first generation Celtic materials," the most common drops are Lightless Metal Fragment or Broken Ring Frame. You need a fair number of these in the crafting of Celtic weapons so it doesn't feel like a waste of time getting them (though of course it is cooler
    when you get a Forgotten Mage Gem or Broken Seal Chain).

In the "second generation of Celtic materials" it feels like the Pure White Dusts, Distortion Powder etc. makes up 90% of the drop chance with the new Celtic materials all making up the remaining 10%. While this is excellent news for those who like making the success rate increasing potions, it makes crafting the new weapons unrealistically grindy. You need a fairly large pile of Ruptured/Shattered Black Metals to craft anything and even they don't drop nearly often enough.

As if that's not enough, you can still fail at the crafting stage too. After dungeoning/buying materials for a few months, I finally managed to obtain all the materials for the Celtic Control Bar. The base success rate with no buffs is 10%. With every buff I was realistically able to get (not going to reforge a Handicraft Kit...) I only managed to bring it up to 47%. I decided to yolo it. It failed. I cried.

Anyway, tl;dr I think that making the dungeons harder is fine but it doesn't feel very rewarding at the end after a one hour slap-fest with the boss.

Ikr...it's like watching ur life flashes before ur eye when U fail @ the ridiculous crafting rate after the hell u went through 2 acquire the mats...

anigif_enhanced-14524-1430823120-3.gif
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited July 25, 2017
    Yeah... I'm starting to think the dungeons seriously need tweaking as well. It feels like a downward spiral... Nobody runs them because there's no drops... and there's no drops because nobody runs them.

I mean, they don't even necessarily need to increase the drops on the stuff people should be running the dungeons for if they're that worried about "breaking" it. They could just add some nifty finds, like maybe sewing patterns for older fashionogi outfits, better rate on upgrade stones, enchant expiration scrolls, or stuff. Or as another example, I kinda like the types of drops you get fragmenting unused echostones.
  • RheyRhey
    Policroma wrote: »
    Yeah... I'm starting to think the dungeons seriously need tweaking as well. It feels like a downward spiral... Nobody runs them because there's no drops... and there's no drops because nobody runs them.

I mean, they don't even necessarily need to increase the drops on the stuff people should be running the dungeons for if they're that worried about "breaking" it. They could just add some nifty finds, like maybe sewing patterns for older fashionogi outfits, better rate on upgrade stones, enchant expiration scrolls, or stuff. Or as another example, I kinda like the types of drops you get fragmenting unused echostones.

The Rng bs with passes needs to be tweaked first. Then the rewards drop-rate. Then finally reduce the mob waves if they're gunna have dat much hp nyways. After clearing a wave worth 200k+ hp it irks me to have to put up with 2 more waves of that within the same room without any breathers. :#