Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabi percentages..

TymiatTymiat
Mabinogi Rep: 540
in General Chat
I recently tried to make Caswyn, knowing full well this was going to become the biggest accomplishment in this game, but when I tried to craft it guess what? It fails... at 99%. I seriously cannot believe it. How does it fail at 1%?!! Getting the materials itself was already a pain, now I'm just stuck with partial mats that I can't even use. Whats the point in making stuff 99% only to see it fail after spending lots of time getting the mats..Sorry to vent..
badnewsbarrettVimiTheNyanCatSlicia

Comments

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited July 24, 2017
    I've never done crafting but that happens to me occasionally when I'm synthesizing to make dyes. I'm at 99% and there have been times where I've failed twice in a row :/ I'm sorry that happened to you though.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Personally, I chalk those moments up to abnormally bad luck or the RGN just plain cheating (I know, the RNG can't technically cheat, but it makes me feel better). I haven't made anything that needs super-rare mats yet, but there have been times where I've gotten catastrophic failures on items that should have been successes with mats that weren't really rare, but certainly still a hassle to gather, so I feel you. If I was about to cry after getting a catastrophic failure, in the rain, with Harvest Song active, on a Magic School Uniform (F) after 12 hours of gathering raw materials, spinning thread, buying weaving gloves, and making trying to make just the right grades of fabric...You must be just disgusted right now. I know I would be. *hugs the OP*
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Probabilities are probabilities after all. The only time you will get complete success is at 100% or 0%.
    It may seem like it's fixed, especially for something like Ferghus repairs.

If anyone is bored, get a whole lot, a whole lot of cheap stuff, go to Ferghus and do repairs. If you do enough of them, you will get 90% as correct.

But it's easier to do crafting instead.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Oh gosh... D: I would be so devastated if I worked so hard to get everything needed to make something like Caswyn's Armor or Soluna Blade only to have it end up failing at 1% and losing most of your materials...

Maybe you can try making a ticket to explain them about your situation? I'm sure they'd most likely understand and give you the materials again just to try again or maybe have one of the GMs make it for you?
    Arjune
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    if it was me I would have sent a ticket.... that's just wrong :/ those mats took over a YEAR to collect. I would have been so upset if it happened to me. it kinda makes me nervous to make my divine blade. Really sorry to hear it happened
    Zeo
    That is a nightmare.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    someone failing 2000$ worth of stones. 99% blowing up in ur face. Man we have huge casualties this month. Imma cri 2 when my Celtic royal Xbow fails after managing to get muh 3 RS req for one attempt...
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    deprecated random number generators from 2002 amirite
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I failed dragon scale at 99% but this is nothing compared to your loss....I don't get why production % is maxed at 99%. It's like they want to give us nightmare of 1%.
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    working on refining...

failed 8/20 99% iron ores
    but got 40/40 success on 75% gold ore.

i needed to fail gold <.<

plus. Elen's 90% success rate for repair. has never actually failed me.
    but Nerys's 95%. has had a 80% success rate.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Strange because just a few hours ago I had failures trying to refine iron ore at 99% with a homestead forge. Maybe something is broke.
    edited July 25, 2017
    Finity wrote: »
    I failed dragon scale at 99% but this is nothing compared to your loss....I don't get why production % is maxed at 99%. It's like they want to give us nightmare of 1%.

Because in reality, there's no such thing as 100% success production.
    I failed twice at refining at 99% last night good thing it was only refining ingots.
    Unless they changed things to help people trying to rank up the skill at the "fail to" training parts, but that's a deceptive way of changing things.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    It makes me wonder if I should even try to make better equips now after seeing this.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    This just makes sure people never actually ctaft anything good ever again
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Mabinogi percentages are like the points in who's line is it anyway what it says don't matter.
    I've failed crafting stuff 6 times in a row with 99% I wish I could say it was once I hit such a streak which should be phenomenally low, but it was multiple times.
    I remember I think it was the 1st time they did a 100% repair event someone destroyed a weapon when it said 100% repair.
    Gspin
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    lidiya wrote: »
    I remember I think it was the 1st time they did a 100% repair event someone destroyed a weapon when it said 100% repair.

Part of that was the first time they did it, it was only for blacksmith NPC's and people were repairing magic weapons and alchemy cylinders thinking it was also 100%
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited July 25, 2017
    I feel your pain. I remember when a guildie went to make bhafel huntress at 99% and failed. I've also failed 3 creepy burns at 86%. 2 were in a row xD RNG sucks
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    I made a suggestion thread a while back complaining about this. The percentage is only accurate in very large sample sizes, its far too sporadic to represent small sample sizes. Only dealing in the hundreds of attempts will you only begin to see the RNG represent the actual percent chance.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Aren't there craft potions that raise your chances by 2% so prevent this? Or are they just useless cause 99% is the hard cap even with those?
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Aren't there craft potions that raise your chances by 2% so prevent this? Or are they just useless cause 99% is the hard cap even with those?

99% is the hard cap even with those. There is no way to raise production rate to 100%, unless you're making an alpaca robe...