Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon, Jot this down will you.

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited December 24, 2016 in Feedback and Suggestions
Your recent update is amazing, and you want to know why?

- People are playing music in groups, people are being social, and no one's got their sound turned off all day.
- You introduced ACTUAL puzzles in dungeon play. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTAAAANT, because this is how you spice up old content with something new THAT WORKS!
- You revived dead content; AKA commerce. People are going around commercing all the time now to get those composition books, pianos and harps. THIS IS A SUCCESS.

I haven't seen people this active in a really long time, and it's great to see!

Honestly, updates like these are the best because you get people active all the time, and give people a motive to actually play.
AavaImaizumiZerukanEMTchibiIyasenuCrimsọnKttySiodhanPlatinaKokiGretaand 27 others.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 24, 2016
    YES!! The new devs need to be praised for the hard work and thought they're putting into what they're doing!!
    pawcalypse
  • timaeusstimaeuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    I have to agree, this update is such a step in the right direction! If it weren't for an update like this that was actually fun and refreshing, I would have come back for a day maybe and then left again. But I've been having legit fun with the game again and some of the magic from when I first started playing is coming back. I'll probably be here for a while lol
    GJ Nexon.
    Kttypawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Definitely a great update! =D
    Kttypawcalypse
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I still think they're onto something with this renown system.

They could add renown for other actions, such as cooking, crafting, and such.
    I would also recommend renown for commerce, but... the town rating is almost like that, isn't it? lol

At any rate, it seems like it'd work as an incentive to diversify the things people do in-game.
    As long as the bonuses aren't totally OP, and at the same time, are worth obtaining.

Although, maybe I just like the idea of getting bonuses for cooking, eating, and sharing food.

Anyways, ending that tangent, I like how everyone's getting together to play music.
    The puzzles in Math Musical Dungeon are a bit shallow, but it's a step in a really interesting direction.
    I also like how the puzzles can be done by the hard of hearing, since there's text on the screen for a lot of parts of the puzzles.
    Only thing you'd have to worry about then is your memory.

I'm a little concerned about the dungeon's fate once everyone gets the Milky Way Instruments they want, but maybe the 1000/2000 use score scrolls and the various Jabchiel Music Score thingies will keep it afloat.
    Music-related enchants wouldn't be out of place in such a dungeon.
    DaktaroPeloiSiodhanKttypawcalypseSylviaWolfeDarkpixie99MaradAndrewGR
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    This is a step in a very good direction. I hope they keep this up.
    KttySylviaWolfe
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited December 24, 2016
    Definitely one of the best updates in a long while. I don't think the puzzle dungeon is the best part, but it certainly is a step in the right direction like Iyasenu mentioned. The puzzles could do to be a bit more difficult and varied. The music math dungeon as is, is already not that fun to clear imo despite being fairly fresh just because you know what you're going to get every time. Also questioning how long this burst of commerce will last since people will eventually get the stuff they want. It still needs a more long lasting overhaul imo.

If anything the best part of the update is freestyle jam, the bard bulletin board, and to an extent the renown system. To me the renown system is just another addition of a daily system. The game's been about gradual progression from the start rather than powering through stuff with rebirths and over time added more systems to reinforce this like daily SMs, daily seals, squires to an extent, and the somewhat recent festia. So it's not that exciting on it's own, but the way it handles itself is much better than some of the other systems in place.

Barring the success of daily SMs, most of the other daily content is basically solonogi. The new head of dev really is pushing for more group play and accessibility across any total level/gear range in the recent updates. Festia was similar but not as successful since the mini games aren't the funnest, but also because it's reward system isn't very satisfying. Opening garbage in a majority of your boxes isn't very motivating if the actions you did to reach the box opening weren't that fun either. What makes renown work is that the rewards are tangibly visible as you go along. I think this is one of the big differences between Festia and the Renown tab.

Then it just comes down to freestyle jam being so undeniably fun since hearing good music is conducive to attracting your attention. Then you see the source of the music and see there's an easy way to join a part of something you like. Then you just keep listening to music while casually playing a mini game if you're not going to talk to the pile of people playing the music to keep you occupied while listening to the music. Then you realize you're getting renown and it's kind of cool and you're hooked, so you'll try to rank the other renowns. All of which require other people to do, so you get involved with other people which creates communities. Comparatively to some of the content we've gotten over the last few years, it's an A grade system frankly.

Edit: Oh yeah, there's also my thread which said sort of similar stuff but was just much longer and boiled down to a simple poll for most people I guess, http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/616/musicq-is-a-good-fix
    SiodhanpawcalypseSylviaWolfeMaradKingEphyDarkwhip
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    It has been wonderful to see this community being active and together again. Even I was dragged over to a jam session and it was beautiful. ^_^
    KttypawcalypseSylviaWolfe
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Yep, love this update more than any other update we've gotten in many years, because for once it actually absolutely fixes everything it involved without introducing myriad of other problems. I'd definitely rate mabi a single point higher on the forced-internet-explorer survey now, which would be a whole single point. If more improvement was made in the coming..well, preferably months, it would really help the game spring back to life. Most people I know who've quit once never truly return to the game for various reasons. If those reasons were to stop holding the game back, maybe there's long-term profit to be made while also keeping the community happy?
    KttypawcalypseSylviaWolfe
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited December 24, 2016
    The Music Dungeon's puzzle-ness is a welcome addition.

I love the idea of the Bard Board, and I'm interested in seeing how the Renown system develops.
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    I was actually amazed by the amount of lag the game was receiving as of late (for the past 3 seasons, I did not suffer any lag). I welcome this surge - keep it up.
    SylviaWolfe
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    While this update has had some positive effects, it's a temporary fix to a permanent problem.
    Imaizumi
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    edited December 24, 2016
    Completely agree! For ages I assumed solonogi was just gonna be the current norm but now having folks setting up jam sessions for everyone, running the musical dungeon with strangers and actually participating feels amazing! Definitely makes me wanna sink more hours (and heck even money) into the game now that I see it relatively booming.
    Ktty
  • Ancient_yariAncient_yari
    Mabinogi Rep: 460
    Indeed! You are right! Their updated and event made me come back to mabinogi! It's Amazing!!
    Ktty
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    I thought I wasn't going to care much about this update due to always muting this game and only wanting gach stuff.
    I was wrong. And I'm kind of glad about that. Dungeon was a unique challenge and jamming with friends and even strangers is a lot of fun.
    Ktty
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Well deserved praise
    Ktty
  • ZelfalZelfal
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    I do enjoy the fact that Nexon is taking into account that not everyone is combat based players and introduced a music dungeon for bards similar to the cooking dungeon for cooks (though more combat styled) Im hoping to see more dungeons made for classes like this.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    The current event actually allows you to clear it with just a Partner, (aka an NPC pet) and it really takes away from the connectivity of asking players for help. I literally only saw one newbie actively asking for help and how to do stuff while everyone else was standing AFK in odd spots. That's still pretty bad, considering we still have the small server population that still have a tiny bit of faith left in Mabinogi, and no trust or faith Nexon itself. The lack of updating old content and skills, the Beauty Shop model, how Beauty Coupons make Genderbending seem impossible to the average Caravan Joe, the ugly faces newbies have to deal with as free players, and selling permanent tails for $400 pretty much summarize how many people from marketing need to be fired or actually play this game themselves and connect with the community to find the right ways to make profit.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Darkpixie99

I literally only saw one newbie actively asking for help and how to do stuff while everyone else was standing AFK in odd spots.
    Hope you stopped to help them then.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    @Ktty Yeah, I felt a bit guilty and helped them get through the Jam band part that they needed.