Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dungeon Drop %'s Suck.

FoxieeFoxiee
Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
edited August 3, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
So, Hi. Foxiee here again. UM Haven't y'all noticed how when we run a dungeon we get like Sheeeeeeeeet tier rewards? Like CRYSTALS!?!?! I spent like. 30-50 min in this place to get a Water/Wind/EArth/Fire and the common arrat crystal??? Not even dungs even SM's like HELLO???? In like. Me doing like AAHM (Alby ADV HM) and RAHM (Rundal ADV HM) I have only ever gotten TWO Amplified alchemy crystals. 4 Broken seal chains. 10 Forgotten Mage Gems. And One 3/3 Hebona Cric. And only 2 ES's (Exclusive) ANd I run like almost every frigging day!!!!!

Phantasm Points:
Y'all know of the insanely GODLY Soluna blade right? OFC you do! Now heres the kick to the imaginary -cough-
In about 6 months of almost constant running for MY Server. this is all I have seen for even anything OF this dung.
One New ES, ONE FULL Succubus Queen Set. two Feind wings. ONE LUNITE. and well thats it. (Tarlach) Like. OH MY GOD. This is nasty! Not to mention like the Destruction ROBE? The PATTERNS???? The BLACKSMITH MANUAL???? RIP. Soluna aint EVER happening with these %'s. I watch youtube a LOT for Mabinogi. And even in KR. Ive only seen ONE Destruction robe. like leme list off these mats for a second here for diffrent items. Not just Phantasm stuff.

Soluna Blade:
Solite x 100
Lunite x 100
Fate Fragment x 50
Dawnblade x 1
Duskblade x 1
Ladeca Blue Upgrade Stone x 5
Eweca Red Upgrade Stone x 5 <-- May i remind you the req for these?
(Red Upgrade Stone × 5
Awakened Strength Powder × 5
Awakened Strength Fragment × 3
Awakened Strength Crystal × 1) and only a 40% Chance at r1 :) !

Sewing Pattern (Male is exactly the same) -
Destructive Robe (F):
Materials Needed
per Attempt:
10 Finest Silks
7 Finest Fabrics
10 Tough Threads
20 Broken Magic Essence
10 Rich Chaotic Rune
10% Chance btw! TO EVEN GET ONE OF THESE MADE EACH HIT
Finishing mats:
5 Finest Finishing Thread
10 Braid
15 Enchanted Thread

Before i even jump into like Celtic Weps. You get my point but heres ONE Celtic Wep for example :) ! %to even make it is 13% From Wiki.
Celtic Tetra Cylinder:
Materials Needed
per Attempt:
Silver Ingot x 2
Mythril Ingot x 8
Ruptured Black Metal x 3
Amplified Alchemy Crystal x 1
Finishing stuff:
Shining Crystal Shard x 6
Large Nail x 4
Incomplete Seal Emblem x 4
I Think I made my point. So also another point I Have to share. Is ither we raise %'s OR. (ALL CREDIT TO WYSE/REGINAR I SAW HIM SAY IT FIRST)
What about a token shop? You earn tokens by running the dungeon itself. Even phantasm. And put the rewards up for XXXX Ammount of tokens. Make it a lot still. But not like INSANE. Sound nice? Like slightly more fair way to get mats into the market. And for players to be able to actually MAKE these insane lovely pretties *Drools* Ok back to reality of things. Our %'s Are absolutely nasty. They honestly are you can't argure that. Even like. just normal random drops suck. So honestly can we have this? Vote below !!!!!! <3
MhaolZeoFinity猿仙人_SaruSennin
  1. Would you like to see Dungeon/SM Drop rates increased? Or Token Shop for Rewards?38 votes
    1. Yes, I Fully Want Dungeon/SM %'s Pushed up.
       58% (22 votes)
    2. Yes, I Fully Want Token Shop to earn my rewards another way!
       32% (12 votes)
    3. I Don't Wan't This. So No.
       11% (4 votes)

Comments

• ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I 100% agree with you... I'd understand if the drop rate is for KR Mabinogi because their population is MUCH larger compared to us and not to mention, they have the server transfer coupon so they can easily bring stuffs from one server into other server... but almost all the items we get or find from the dungeons/Phantasm run are basically non-existent due to having less people running those (because we have a very low population in NA Mabinogi).

At this rate, we won't see our first-made Soluna Blade being out in NA Mabi for more than 10 years considering we don't even have 10% of the materials needed to make Soluna Blade on the most populated server known as Alexina too...

I am okay with either drop rate being buffed mainly for NA Mabinogi or at least do a NA-exclusive content with the token system to earn -xxx- amount of tokens from running dungeons including Phantasm and Alban and exchanging them for certain materials like Solite, Rich Chaotic Runes, Dusk/Dawnblade, etc, sewing patterns like Destructive pieces or Succubus Fiend pieces, blacksmith manual like Soluna Blade, some super rare items like the Breastplate Armor (magic golem from the Emerald/Topaz/Amethyst Arrow Longa), Succubus Queen stuffs, Succubus Fiend wings, etc... I do think the token system for NA Mabinogi would actually be a better thing for everyone, in my opinion.

So yes, you have my FULL support for this and I agree that the drop rate especially for NA Mabinogi at this current state is really ridiculous...

~Zeo of Alexina
    Mhaol
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited July 24, 2017
    I'm going to be 100% honest with the current rates I don't see a point to even doing dungeons as if you run them 24/7 chances are Nexon will put a superior weapon in a gacha by the time you collect them all.
    This is the problem with the whole crafting system in the entire game the effort(sometimes of epic proportion) to get the mats don't match up with the item you make in how good it is.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited July 25, 2017
    This is why dungeon runs died.... Mabi dungeons have horrible rates that most of the time you end up wasting your time+entry fee+repair fee+effort. Honestly can't even imagine what were they thinking when they decided to implement those horrible drop rates, quantity of materials needed for production and production percentage in NA server, where I believe we have like 5% of population of KR. Even KR players buy materials from other servers and server transfer it.
    Zeo
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited July 25, 2017
    Seeing that two people voted 'no' in the poll... I'm really curious on their reasoning why unless they're just a masochist who like to stress themselves out and won't get one material they want even after running the same thing over and over again more than fifty times...
    Finity wrote: »
    This is why dungeon runs died.... Mabi dungeons have horrible rates that most of the time you end up wasting your time+entry fee+repair fee+effort. Honestly can't even imagine what were they thinking when they decided to implement those horrible drop rates, quantity of materials needed for production and production percentage in NA server, where I believe we have like 5% of population of KR. Even KR players buy materials from other servers and server transfer it.

Truth about the server transfer right there! They have several servers with like 20-25 channels each because their playerbase is MUCH MORE populated compared to NA players so more stuffs from running dungeons like Phantasm would be generated more often and they can easily bring those items into another server via the server transfer coupon.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Though let's be honest, just about anyone would want to have the new equipment too. So despite there being a whole lot more people running, we may not see all that many on the market before someone finishes it. Even then ,they might tire of running the dungeon ever again. I still think cranking up the droprate in general is the most human thing to do, regardless of population. The blasted passes to the place are ridiculously expensive on their own, too, repair costs aside.
    Zeo
  • InfighterInfighter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    edited July 25, 2017
    Oh hey! my favorite types of threads, I like to add some spice to these~

Well, they should either make a proper dungeon revamp design/pattern instead of just changing the monster stats and adding more rewards with the excuse that:
    "its an old content and it would mess things up so we didn't change it"
    "it would be better to start from scratch rather than changing the old content" Similar sentences were said by the Mabi director in Korea...
    Well Devcat, what are you waiting for? better start deleting those old and useless dungeons and make some new ones that keep up consistent with the aesthetics orb/room pattern design as Rabbie Phantasm and Sidhe. I enjoy Sidhe and Phantasm runs as they even have a storyline to understand why the dungeon is the way it is. While those old dungeons lacks a storyline.

Another thing that bothers me is that these dungeons takes way too much time to finish, shortening the time to run dungeons would be very appreciated since not all people have the time to waste 8-12 hours a day, most of us even work and we don't have time to do run such contents more than 5 times to just get nothing from dungeons and not to mention that to obtain passes for higher levels of a dungeon you require to run the lower level ones which actually takes time and with slim chances of getting a pass to re-'try running the dungeon. So add 2-3 hours to properly run all the dungeons. That's not productive at all.

In my opinion, a dungeon shouldn't last more than 40 mins, else, it becomes boring due to its length, "I want to get out of here already", "all this time just to get a low tier enchant".

I don't like the idea of reward tokens and a token shop as dungeon reward alternative. There are many people who actually have like multiple accounts logged simultaneously so each character would obtain a token. That would be easily exploited by those who have like 3-5 or more computers/virtual boot and its unfair for the rest of the players that doesn't have access to multiple computers, not to mention its prohibited to do so but players doesn't care anyways. I wouldn't mind that kind of system for raids though, exchanging all those useless demonic materials for an actual dragon scale would be worth running some raids and reducing the stress of making dragon equips.

I think a better dungeon rewarding system would be like those Secret Shadow Missions. That based on your party's output it affects the reward tier of the dungeon rewards.

An example of what I mean is:

Death counts
    X amount of Items used
    enemies hit received
    party support, that all parties are helpful to clear the content
    time taken to clear the dungeon
    pet summons count (yes because pets are a way to abuse content with aoe attacks)

WIth that, it would actually make dungeons a bit challenging, maybe fun? as well as having to deal with a party strategy in order to avoid losing reward tiers points to have more chances of high end materials, enchants, equipments.

Another thing is that they should make other dungeons have more chances of materials than others, since everyone considers Alby as "the mecca for materials", A bit of material balancing for each dungeon would be appreciated.
    猿仙人_SaruSennin
  • InfighterInfighter
    edited July 25, 2017
    Siodhan wrote: »
    ...The blasted passes to the place are ridiculously expensive on their own, too, repair costs aside.

I agree, and we can't craft Restorative Potions from all those Pure White dusts we always obtain in dungeons yet we have useless skill called Potion making that only lets us craft outdated potions that poison us and production pots that only have 1 use for 2%+ successes in production of the respective life skill. As for the passes, we don't get them 100%, so we waste more time in looking for the pass to re-try getting a pass.
  • FoxieeFoxiee
    I mean People would abuse the token system. But I guess dont make tokens tradeable? Or something to balance it out... xD I do at the VERY least want %'s Pushed up
  • FinityFinity

Foxiee wrote: »
    I mean People would abuse the token system. But I guess dont make tokens tradeable? Or something to balance it out... xD I do at the VERY least want %'s Pushed up

Treasure chest keys are tradeable, so making tokens untradeable will be no use. Tokens may be exploitable so I don't agree on token system, but I do think drop rates should be increased.
    Infighter wrote: »

I think a better dungeon rewarding system would be like those Secret Shadow Missions. That based on your party's output it affects the reward tier of the dungeon rewards.

Death counts
    X amount of Items used
    enemies hit received
    pet summons count (yes because pets are a way to abuse content with aoe attacks)

WIth that, it would actually make dungeons a bit challenging, maybe fun? as well as having to deal with a party strategy in order to avoid losing reward tiers points to have more chances of high end materials, enchants, equipments.

That's interesting idea, but I am unsure that balancing of reward tier is going to be appropriate. Also I don't want someone to be flamed because they used too much potion/summoned pet/lagged and received many enemy hits. People may keep newer/weaker people out of dungeon runs because of that.
  • InfighterInfighter
    edited July 25, 2017

Treasure chest keys are tradeable, so making tokens untradeable will be no use. Tokens may be exploitable so I don't agree on token system, but I do think drop rates should be increased.

Death counts
    X amount of Items used
    enemies hit received

That's interesting idea, but I am unsure that balancing of reward tier is going to be appropriate. Also I don't want someone to be flamed because they used too much potion/summoned pet/lagged and received many enemy hits. People may keep newer/weaker people out of dungeon runs because of that.

Well, I mean, its an idea after all. The amount of hits or items used could be higher numbers so it doesn't affect the tier drastically. Lets say "getting hit 100 times or using a total of 150 items per deduction" you lose some points for the reward but not as much to screw the tier, but lets say you died like 20 times, got hit 233 times, used lots of pets, you didn't even heal your party member when it was needed or heal their wounds. The purpose is to make parties think of strategies and actual use of skills. Like, honestly, never use defense skill, but if I had a requirement to avoid enemies direct hits, I would use it more often as being conscious there is a penalty for taking hits or item use. Same with magic shields, people would be more conscious of using them often to protect their party against some deadly fireballs or thunders. Those shields works wonders in Phantasm, Sidhes and Alban dungeons!~

I don't know, just some something to make playing a bit more serious, responsible, and to mean literally earning your things.

• FinityFinity
    edited August 1, 2017

Death counts
    X amount of Items used
    enemies hit received

Well, I mean, its an idea after all. The amount of hits or items used could be higher numbers so it doesn't affect the tier drastically. Lets say "getting hit 100 times or using a total of 150 items per deduction" you lose some points for the reward but not as much to screw the tier, but lets say you died like 20 times, got hit 233 times, used lots of pets, you didn't even heal your party member when it was needed or heal their wounds. The purpose is to make parties think of strategies and actual use of skills. Like, honestly, never use defense skill, but if I had a requirement to avoid enemies direct hits, I would use it more often as being conscious there is a penalty for taking hits or item use. Same with magic shields, people would be more conscious of using them often to protect their party against some deadly fireballs or thunders. Those shields works wonders in Phantasm, Sidhes and Alban dungeons!~

I don't know, just some something to make playing a bit more serious, responsible, and to mean literally earning your things.
    Gameplay being more serious and intense is good thing.... In dungeons, I spam magic mindlessly until monsters die anyway... and it gets boring fast. It looks fine if everything is balanced right....like point deduction count and reward tier stuff.
    Maybe it can be applied to some new type of dungeons/missions. (which shouldn't be deadly long as current dungeons, serious play burns me out fast....)
  • FoxieeFoxiee
    edited July 31, 2017
    Too long to coppy things down and quote it all, But even with all of our ideas. Itd still be nice for Nexon to notice and MAYBE actually raise %'s. Im like annoyed with how much dungeon spam I JUST had. and considering GIANT UPDATE. is this week -isnt a giant- thats even MORE drops added to my list. kinda (not to be rude) blocking what im hunting for as a person. Ill sell the mats sure. But they further hinder me from mats i actually NEED. and well want. Cept for Phantasm/Memento and Alban. they wont be from their I mean lik AAHM/RAHM.... Anyway... Still keep this post going if possible. Id like to see rare mat %'s jumped up if we can possibly have something happen!
  • FoxieeFoxiee
    P.S Im tired of the gold sink that is like ANYTHING. im to the point its almost not even worth running now.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    yes, dungeons need "REWARDING" items for our time wasted inside dungeons that are like "Ancient history" of Mabinogi.

They revamp it? More like make it more worthless of our time to do, butting hp, def and attack and no change of rewards? Madness Nexon MADNESS who ever is the current lead should have all of his gear broken by Ferghus :C

Get rid of JUNK! items you can simply buy from NPCs and only put worthwhile items, crystals? PSH! herbs? WHAT EVES! a stick? GRR!~ another npc sold item? I WANT MY LIFE SPAN BACK! put more gold into dungeons and have the chances for worth while items more higher.

Don't you dare leave low unupdated texture clothing inside my chest. when i run a 1 hour run of Peaca Adv or Alby Adv HM.
    FoxieeZeoGretaDanievictria
  • FoxieeFoxiee
    Alshian wrote: »
    Madness Nexon MADNESS who ever is the current lead should have all of his gear broken by Ferghus :C
    Plz. ._ . Ive gold sunk enough.

• EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Now.. doesn't server merge also help this problem sorta as well? :*
    Foxiee
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    When you run AAHM with 4 players and then 1 player left the party possibly because of dced or that player just want to troll then have to fight Lycanthrope....spent hours in dungeon trying to kill that dang thing with windmill as it keeps rehealing, and we don't even know what we did wrong. And then finally when you killed it, you're greeted with sh**** rewards. Yup that's my last AAHM run with my own pass, from then on I sell my Mangled Alby. That sheet aint worth it.
    DanievictriaFoxiee
  • InfighterInfighter
    Well I've see many new giant weapon materials drop as well 1st gen celtic weapon materials drop and I cry when I realize how insane is the grind to even get a piece of the 2nd gen celtic weapon materials in comparison to these other materials.
    Foxiee