Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hunger is nonexistant

MizukoMizuko
Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
edited July 25, 2017 in General Chat
Ever since leveling and transformation became mush easier to use, it feels like hunger does not exist into the game. If you try to relog or change channel, a part of the hunger gets restored, which is always a strange feature. I wish they should stop restoring hunger by leveling, transformation, logging in, and change channel.
Drognak

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    This giant hasn't eaten because he was hungry for nearly 2 years. :u
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    4th option: I don't care.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Hunger was suppose to add a dimension of realism and to make food not so obsolete...then flying trucks and magic scooters and all manners of weird stuff came about and now the hunger system became obsolete along with everything else tied to it.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited July 25, 2017
    I don't feel hungry, but stamina impacted by hunger... next level up 96%, still a load of exp to gather... already used transformation.
    Only other way is to die and use a nao stone, but that's wasteful... Hunger and struggle it is. Doesn't bother to eat the food selling in personal shop.
    Desutai
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Welcome to Erinn, the Fantasy Life paradise, where death, disease, and even hunger do not exist!
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Mizuko wrote: »
    Ever since leveling and transformation became mush easier to use, it feels like hunger does not exist into the game. If you try to relog or change channel, a part of the hunger gets restored, which is always a strange feature. I wish they should stop restoring hunger by leveling, transformation, logging in, and change channel.

Or just keep it obsolete. Like many things in this game, it's just another outdated system.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Pretty much only time my character ever eats is if I'm already a really high level and I accidentally touch one of those dumb dungeon water fountains and it gives me the 0 stam 50% hunger effect.

And even then, I'd rather just stam potion up to that 50% and wait til I'm done and can CC/transform my hunger away than eat a million pieces of food to get back up to full.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Food is for heretics
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    To be honest.. I forgot that the hunger system in Mabinogi even existed because no one really does that anymore except for a rare occurrence where clicking on the water fountain in middle of dungeon runs drop your hunger down to 0% where you can just transform to get rid of that.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Or just never touch those blue fountains in the first place. The few good things they can do aren't that great, the many bad things they can do can really be annoying.
  • ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    Hmmmm sounds like we need the Fattening again. MORE FUDZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    The only time my character eats food was when I was training Cooking, or to lose weight I eat a ton of strawberries.
    Desutai
  • DesutaiDesutai
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    The only time my character eats food was when I was training Cooking, or to lose weight I eat a ton of strawberries.

This, this, this! But I have been eating a lot more in game since my fiancé took up cooking, now I get spammed every day with food! Rip my mailbox lol

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    they ruined it when they made changing channels fill stamina and HP. I dunno if that's actually intended or what, but if you get hungry you literally just have to cc a few times now. It actually makes it harder to do cooking journal w/o getting big as a truck
    TheNyanCatWolfandWolf
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    In case no one noticed.

You can just change channels and your hunger would decrease.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    TNinja wrote: »
    In case no one noticed.

You can just change channels and your hunger would decrease.

no one noticed. it was just mentioned twice already :P
    Obsim wrote: »
    Hmmmm sounds like we need the Fattening again. MORE FUDZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gastro_Burger.png
    Welcome to Erinn, the Fantasy Life paradise, where death, disease, and even hunger do not exist!

Unless you're a npc, mob, or god.
    WolfandWolf
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I usually wind up feeding my Maid more than myself. Or I just use food for catering effects.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I 'member hunger.

The old old days of punching that big tree in Tir for 30+ mins trying to get berries for that stupid quest and having to rest and eat between breaks. Never any stam, always hungry. I think they removed that quest before NA even launched. Most likely would have caused people to quit.

You have to actually force yourself to be hungry with Meditation now...
    KensamaofmariDrognakSherri