Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Sword Art Online & Fate Stay Night???

AsunaXRinAsunaXRin
Mabinogi Rep: 200
Posts: 3
Member
in General Chat
I came across these banner while browsing anime sites on the net.

o5aK1c.png
Eaqcml.png

I can't find the storyline in game? Can someone help point me in the right direction? I'm a huge Asuna and Rin Tohska fan so I'd like to experience their story. Much appreciated in advance.

Comments

  • Naomii66Naomii66
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,770
    Posts: 44
    Member
    edited July 26, 2017
    those are limited time events that happened a looong ago;; mabi tends to do crossovers with anime's every once in a while. they're not usually brought back sadly :c
    TheNyanCatpawcalypseSlicia
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,325
    Posts: 7,666
    Member
    Naomii66 wrote: »
    those are limited time events that happened a looong ago;; mabi tends to do crossovers with anime's every once in a while. they're not usually brought back sadly :c

    Problem is some ad sites do not update the ads and/or use false advertising.

    But yea, once in a while there are anime crossover events.
    There was a vocaloid event as well a couple years back.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,060
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Mabinogi needs to update their advertisements. :( The SAO event was nearly 2 years ago. (or so)
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Posts: 519
    Member
    As was said above, they were limited time events, however you can still try to get the outfits and wigs in game by buying from other players, if you have enough gold or something worth trading :)
  • AsunaXRinAsunaXRin
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Posts: 3
    Member
    So I can no longer access the story? Aw that suck. Guess I'll uninstall then. Thanks for the info. Is there a reason why they don't just keep it around for newcomers who are fans of those franchise?
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,060
    Posts: 887
    Member
    AsunaXRin wrote: »
    So I can no longer access the story? Aw that suck. Guess I'll uninstall then. Thanks for the info. Is there a reason why they don't just keep it around for newcomers who are fans of those franchise?

    Licensing. :/ You can still buy the outfits from the event though they're scattered amoung players and may be quite much for a new player. Though the game is pretty good by itself so you may still have fun.
    TheNyanCat
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    AsunaXRin wrote: »
    So I can no longer access the story? Aw that suck. Guess I'll uninstall then. Thanks for the info. Is there a reason why they don't just keep it around for newcomers who are fans of those franchise?

    One simple word explains it all: Copyright. Also they weren't actual storylines, just events, minigames, and outfits/weapons based on the anime. Some had little extras like character titles or that one crossover that had a giant chicken pet thing.

    Outfits and weapons are still around on the markets in every server. Even the old Miku stuff from years ago can be found if you look hard enough.

    So if you stuck around, you could have eventually obtained the items needed to be Kirito or Saber or whatever.

    ...still waiting for that FMA crossover though. One can dream.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,725
    Posts: 1,736
    Member
    edited July 26, 2017
    There wasn't much story to either of them anyways. SAO was like some NPC hopping, a bunch of pointless dungeon runs (not even SAO specific dungeons...normal Mabinogi dungeons repeatedly), and then a fight with Heathcliff that lasted all of 2 minutes. People only cared about the costumes, weapons, and of course the adorable little Yui

    rgBApNc.png

    the Fate Stay Night was just a mission where you protect a crystal from waves of enemies, and a board game minigame. Homestead miniatures

    t6Hn9PT.png

    The Utawarerumono event was even more lackluster. it was ONLY a gachapon sale and a clothing shuffle gachapon. but there was the most adorable bird pet.

    The problem with 'keeping them around' is they'd have to continuously pay license fees and royalties to the creators of the series. That's how this stuff works. If you joined only for the story you would have been gravely disappointed. Judging by your post you literally only were attracted to Mabinogi for these anime event.... now you're not giving the game itself a chance at all. that's rather lame. goodbye, my friend
    TheNyanCatGretaHumiliatingCrimsọnSherriVimipawcalypse
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,965
    Posts: 886
    Member
    I can understand the disappointment from getting hyped up by the ads just to be let down by reality lol it would be nice if they would do some more crossover stuff, even if it's not the same stuff. Alas, it takes money to secure copyrights.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,945
    Posts: 674
    Member
    "story" in either of those anime haHAHa....
    RheyArjuneBehelitSherripawcalypse
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    Posts: 1,494
    Member
    edited July 26, 2017
    I was about to offer U a free spare ALO Asuna set I have laying around my alts but nvm I guess. :|

    I'd roleplay DoritoKirito. We culda run sum dungeons together. Share a bromance moment over a campfire. Given U a steam bun to eat when Ur hungry...And after we broke our back crossing dem mountain. We can pretend to log off but can't and worri-*FANFIC INTENSIFIES*

    aS3OFf.gif

    .P.S. Ur loss. :/

    Sherri
  • AsunaXRinAsunaXRin
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Posts: 3
    Member
    My last post just to tie some loose knots.
    Arjune wrote: »
    you're not giving the game itself a chance at all. that's rather lame. goodbye, my friend
    Honestly, I did. But I'm not really digging the progression mechanic. I mean I got to like lvl 41 and I barely got any increment of a few points across the stat board. Skills are a grindfest.(Tried to do blacksmith but still stuck at rank f) The only guy talking keep spamming something about gold over and over again and won't answer my question. Everyone else ignored me. So I gave up. Hope we meet again someday sometime somewhere on the vastness of the net.

    Imaizumi wrote: »
    "story" in either of those anime haHAHa....

    Don't join the hate-wagon plz. They're not so bad if you gave them a fair shot. Especially fate. Sad story. Quite an emotional ride.
    Rhey wrote: »
    I was about to offer U a free spare ALO Asuna set I have laying around my alts but nvm I guess. :|

    I'd roleplay DoritoKirito. We culda run sum dungeons together. Share a bromance moment over a campfire. Given U a steam bun to eat when Ur hungry...And after we broke our back crossing dem mountain. We can pretend to log off but can't and worri-*FANFIC INTENSIFIES*

    aS3OFf.gif

    .P.S. Ur loss. :/

    No thank you. You're creeping me out.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,345
    Posts: 661
    Member
    AsunaXRin wrote: »
    Honestly, I did. But I'm not really digging the progression mechanic. I mean I got to like lvl 41 and I barely got any increment of a few points across the stat board. Skills are a grindfest.(Tried to do blacksmith but still stuck at rank f) The only guy talking keep spamming something about gold over and over again and won't answer my question.

    You literally dove in head first to one of the hardest to rank skills in the game and second you were talking to a bot.
    RaishiiArjuneGreaRedetsuRheyNevineNilremYokkaichiZerukanXiokunand 13 others.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,725
    Posts: 1,736
    Member
    edited July 26, 2017
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    You literally dove in head first to one of the hardest to rank skills in the game and second you were talking to a bot.

    LMAO xD I'm sorry... I can't help but laugh, but that's true. Blacksmithing and other life skills are usually hard to train. Basic combat skills tend to be easier. You earn stats from ranking skills in this game, not from leveling up... that's why we are able to rebirth to gain more ap to rank more skills up.


  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    Posts: 1,494
    Member
    edited July 26, 2017
    AsunaXRin wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    I was about to offer U a free spare ALO Asuna set I have laying around my alts but nvm I guess. :|

    I'd roleplay DoritoKirito. We culda run sum dungeons together. Share a bromance moment over a campfire. Given U a steam bun to eat when Ur hungry...And after we broke our back crossing dem mountain. We can pretend to log off but can't and worri-*FANFIC INTENSIFIES*

    aS3OFf.gif

    .P.S. Ur loss. :/

    No thank you. You're creeping me out.

    I-I-I was just tryin to be friendly...soz4give me?

    tenor.gif

    Anyways~ Yea we get one like U every once in a while. Nexon's old bait(Outdated ads) still reels in a stray fish(New players) now and then.
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    AsunaXRin wrote: »
    Honestly, I did. But I'm not really digging the progression mechanic. I mean I got to like lvl 41 and I barely got any increment of a few points across the stat board. Skills are a grindfest.(Tried to do blacksmith but still stuck at rank f) The only guy talking keep spamming something about gold over and over again and won't answer my question.

    You literally dove in head first to one of the hardest to rank skills in the game and second you were talking to a bot.

    mHM3DMk.gif
    courtneyy
  • Jayy124Jayy124
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Posts: 38
    Member
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

    You literally dove in head first to one of the hardest to rank skills in the game and second you were talking to a bot.

    LOL

    Faybal
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Posts: 130
    Member
    Jayy124 wrote: »
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

    You literally dove in head first to one of the hardest to rank skills in the game and second you were talking to a bot.

    LOL

    to be fair the poster doesn't seem to have really researched the game much so them being disheartened by it is understandable however the bot thing sorry but that's just amusing.
    Still ASUNAXRIN in case you didn't know this already you aren't locked into a class in mabi so you can do another freely so i implore you to try another class and see if you enjoy it.
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,545
    Posts: 929
    Member
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Mabinogi needs to update their advertisements. :( The SAO event was nearly 2 years ago. (or so)

    longer then that, the event was from August 13th, 2014 to September 9th, 2014. so closer to 3 years by now.
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    Posts: 211
    Member
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    You literally dove in head first to one of the hardest to rank skills in the game and second you were talking to a bot.

    This is the best response in this entire thread.
    Xiokun wrote:
    Mabinogi needs to update their advertisements. :( The SAO event was nearly 2 years ago. (or so)

    Are there even any Mabinogi advertisements? The only thing that counts as advertisement I've seen in a very long time was a 30 second video on Facebook and even that has disappeared. They really should do more advertising.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
    Posts: 764
    Member

    I blame this for all the weird people i met in game
    GretaKensamaofmariDanievictriacourtneyySherriJayy124Imaizumipawcalypse