Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Enchantment Removal

SiodhanSiodhan
Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
edited July 27, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
"All Ribbon Wings can be enchanted with the new enchant, Icarus.
Icarus Enchant Details: Enchant for Enchantable Wings only, Can be enchanted regardless of rank, Battlefield Overture Rank 1: Max Damage +5, Musical Knowledge Rank 1: Music Buff Effect +2-5, Repair Fee x5, Enchanted Equipment will be made exclusive."

We're still in maint. We can still stop this.

No.
Stop.
Now.

Really though, can we stop the stupid p2w enchants exclusive to gachas for items exclusive to gachas, particularly for bards? It's been getting very ridiculous and we don't actually need any more buff effect in the game. We really don't.

IGN: Siodhan
Server: Alexina
Finity
  1. Stop this madness?18 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (12 votes)
    2. No (Please at least post why. Personally, this kind of stuff always drives me closer to quitting)
       33% (6 votes)

Comments

• FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I wouldn't complain if they are still obtainable through dungeons and missions, but it's like every OP enchants should be gacha exclusive, right Nexon?
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    The enchant isnt even that OP so I voted no.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    It's for the robe slot. It didn't even have enchantments so far...and trust me, 5 buff effect makes a major difference with overture when your max damage is already at least 800. This probably counts for roughly 16-20+ max damage.
    FinityGreta
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Siodhan wrote: »
    It's for the robe slot. It didn't even have enchantments so far...and trust me, 5 buff effect makes a major difference with overture when your max damage is already at least 800. This probably counts for roughly 16-20+ max damage.

Yes but it is also a roll, so you are either going to be very lucky and get 5 on the first try. Also if I recall, robes/wings can't be enchant protected so you can risk blowing up your wings. Also festia wings still outclass the enchant by alot and lastly, just because you don't like something doesnt mean you should ruin it for everyone.
  • FinityFinity
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Siodhan wrote: »

Yes but it is also a roll, so you are either going to be very lucky and get 5 on the first try. Also if I recall, robes/wings can't be enchant protected so you can risk blowing up your wings. Also festia wings still outclass the enchant by alot and lastly, just because you don't like something doesnt mean you should ruin it for everyone.

Apparently new ones can be enchant protected...?
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Likewise it means just because you like something it doesn't mean you should ruin it for everyone who doesn't. It's not really an argument. In fact, I'm not in the position to do anything about it. But I've voiced my opinion on the matter and posted this thread so other people would, too. You don't even have to worry, because I'm 99.9999999% sure this will not get removed, nor will it stop future p2w powercreep from being released. I've been around for too long to know this is a futile effort.

Don't underestimate 2 additional buff effect and 5 max damage though. It's far from weak. If you could earn it ingame and put it on any robe at all, that'd be one thing. But that is not the case. That is the second reason this is bad. The risk involved doesn't matter. People have enchanted things with chorus before, they will manage this as well. Hell, I'm one of those..and I'm still mad it even existed outside earnable game content when it was released.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    edited July 27, 2017
    Where is the robe enchants/reforges.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited July 27, 2017
    First step to robe enchants/reforges/etc has finally arrived. Though we should admit that it really isn't the first step, that came from the shadow mission exp robes, nuadha robes, festia wings, and the enchanted dorrens robes overseas.

That being said, I am against it. If it's not also obtainable in-game, I don't really like it. It's not going to stop though. Sad as it may be, it'll never stop
  • FalskullFalskull
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
    i say no and here is my explanation. Do you plan on making just those wings enchant-able or all wings/robes in the game enchant-able?
    At this current moment for mabinogi robes and any item that goes in the robe slot to my knowledge cant be enchanted and do you plan on having more then 1 enchant for wings or more and will you allow other enchants to be on robes. A better suggestion would be to ask for robes/wings to be enchant-able.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    It would be better if they were enchantable, but they're not. Nexon also aren't very prone to updating old items. They also don't usually release gacha-only enchants into the game. I would be fine with having this enchant if it meant you can earn it. But at this point, any endgame crap like that is usually locked behind several gachas that won't penetrate the market commonly enough. Even if they did, the following generations of players won't profit from it once they've reached a level where they'd want this stuff. The simple best solution is to...you know, not be a douche and release ingame content instead of locking combat performance behind real money cash grabs, rather than just cosmetics. You can get like 300 str with painstaking work to rank tons of skills..OOOOOR just buy two fully enchanted, monstrously unfair gacha-only accessories and vastly outperform others. This kind of stuff is what messes with the game's balance and sense of progression every single time. Just like how we immediately got celtic weaponry in the gacha after people had been collecting materials for weeks or even months to craft their own weapons. Pre r2-reforged and x-grade. It's stupid.
    InfighterFinityKitini
  • FinityFinity
    edited August 1, 2017
    More release of those gacha-exclusive OP items are just step towards to making game more pointless. Gachapon drops every OP items and you can't even obtain it in game.
    Even for updates, gachapons get updated every 2 week~1 month while there is very rare update of real game contents.