Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mana Crystilization questions

FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
in Help
So i'm hearing that stuff like thunder crystals and fireballs from alchemy crystals are really really weak. even with R1 Mana Crystilization.

looking at the wiki. it does say they only do 80% of the dmg the regular spell would do.

plus
The damage of Mana Crystallization Crystals is not affected by Balance of any kind. On average, their balance is considered to be 50%.
Mana Crystallization crystals are unaffected by Magic Attack, and are significantly weaker than their magical spell counterparts.

ok...so i can see how they'd do less dmg. but is it that much less?

also..can they not crit?

Spells cast with these crystals do not gain bonus damage from Criticals. However, Critical Hit Training is still received.

.....is this skill gimped?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The skill's magic crystals were always weaker than an actual magic skill of the same rank.

It's almost never worth using them.

Even if you use a Tower Cylinder for the bonus damage they're weaker than a normal spell.
    And since the crystal load times aren't affected by anything, they're eventually SLOWER to cast than 5 charges of the magic spell.
    The crystal loading time isn't even affected by Vivace.

And the fact that they get no damage bonus from Critical Hits is the icing on the cake, that solidifies this skill as lowest-tier as far as combat usage is concerned.

Also using Thunder keeps you glued to your spot until the Thunder has finished falling, which is really bad.

So yeah, this skill is not so useful, and the best part of the skill is probably just the Stats you gain from ranking it up.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    It's always been a novelty skill to me, it's just doesn't get any better even if you rank it so naturally it falls behind literally everything else.
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    ah.....

dam....so its worthless.......thanks nexon =(
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    ah.....

dam....so its worthless.......thanks nexon =(

Worthless...except for being mandatory to rank up your Alchemy Mastery...which you can now only do using spells like Fireball, Thunder, and Ice Spear since they took away the other method...which you need to do collection quests in order to learn...in order to make crystals of inferior attack power to the actual spells...

Yeah. Thanks Nexon. :(
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Maybe for using the Int spells before you finish the quest to learn them yourself provided another player helps you make the crystals? I don't know, I'm a mage, not an alchemist.
  • FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Also keep in mind the magic does not get damage boosted from magic attacks if it is used Via Cylinder.