Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What's so special about Sunburst Ukulele?

LuckyValLuckyVal
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in General Chat
I am wondering what makes the Sunburst Ukulele from the Gach so special.
If I am not mistaken, isn't it just a different skin of the Ukulele?
However, people are selling them 10 millions left and right, and I am just dumbfounded.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited July 29, 2017
    Nothing really. People just like making their money back when they get B~D tier rewards from their gachas.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    most instruments like that are just reskinned instruments. there are exceptions like the battle mandolin that has higher attack points or the demonic gloomy sunday which often have good stats and prove that you are a master bard without wearing the talent title. but as far as just playing music goes most of them are just reskinned to look cooler and mabi is partly a major fashion game to some players so it is not that shocking someone would pay a couple mil just to look better playing music with a nicer looking instrument.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    The same reason people are paying 15m for a giant ribbon. :*
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Its literally a thin Uke.
    Almost too thin...
  • TreesTrees
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    It's really pretty
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    10m? wow lol I see then for 800k or less on ruairi
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    People don't know the prices of things yet so they'll price it high to avoid getting burned. It will go down in price eventually when they find out it doesn't sell at 10m.
    [Deleted User]
  • AellAell
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,070
    Has anyone tried freestyle jam with the Sunburst Ukulele? Just curious if it has any special effects.
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    At least from what I can tell, the sunburst ukulele sounds different from the normal one. I could be wrong, but it seems to be lower pitched and almost more tropical than a normal one. From what I could tell there was no difference when doing a freestyle jam though.
    Aell
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited July 29, 2017
    Carlize wrote: »
    At least from what I can tell, the sunburst ukulele sounds different from the normal one. I could be wrong, but it seems to be lower pitched and almost more tropical than a normal one. From what I could tell there was no difference when doing a freestyle jam though.

I swear if they decided to put the Festival instrument soundfont on a gacha exclusive item before putting the font into free play I'm going to be absolutely livid.
    ALSO MONTHLY REMINDER, NEXON: RELEASE FESTIVAL INSTRUMENTS. YOU HAVE THEM IN THE COMPOSING UI AND EVERYTHING.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    It is new and shiny, so the neophiliacs must have it AT ANY COST.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Carlize wrote: »

I swear if they decided to put the Festival instrument soundfont on a gacha exclusive item before putting the font into free play I'm going to be absolutely livid.
    ALSO MONTHLY REMINDER, NEXON: RELEASE FESTIVAL INSTRUMENTS. YOU HAVE THEM IN THE COMPOSING UI AND EVERYTHING.

I'd be livid if it was gacha only. They've been releasing nothing but gachas lately. Besides, something like that should be open to everyone, not those who pay real $. I'd gladly fork over 1m in gold to an NPC who sells them.
  • InfighterInfighter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    edited July 30, 2017
    well, its mostly a fashionogi... to go along with peaceful bohemian wear. Like hippie clothing + a hippie looking instrument while you afk play instrument or just stand at dunbarton or belvast~