Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This is why I shelved my guns

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited July 27, 2017 in General Chat
b76Pd5.gif

/nuffsaid
SherriTheNyanCat

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I can't tell what is going due to the image being too small.
    pawcalypse
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    getting hit from afar, but that isnt a problem with the guns, its just mabilag lol same thing happens with archery, magic, puppetry, heck even close combat suffers from the positioning lag
  • RheyRhey
    Maia wrote: »
    getting hit from afar, but that isnt a problem with the guns, its just mabilag lol same thing happens with archery, magic, puppetry, heck even close combat suffers from the positioning lag

Everything seems to grow a 10-foot arm more frequently when ur gunning tho... :(
  • KimberlyKimberly
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    How far from west coast are ya Rhey? I wonder if the closer you are the less position lag there is. That feel when east coast and east coast server never.
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 27, 2017
    Kimberly wrote: »
    How far from west coast are ya Rhey? I wonder if the closer you are the less position lag there is. That feel when east coast and east coast server never.

I literally live on the western coast. A jog away from the beach and a 30 minute boat ride 2 Catalina island. And I have these problems. Tsk tsk. I'm starting to think about packing my bags and move into Nexon HQ's basement just to test if lags still exist even there. hero.gif
    DanievictriaKimberly[Deleted User]SherriTheNyanCat
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited July 27, 2017
    Oh, the position lag junk. I hate that. Monsters get it every now and again while I'm using... well anything. -_-

For those unable to see what it is, I think he's being hit by a Zombie Soldier from a good distance away when they're close combat.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    zombies are smarter than you think!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Rhey wrote: »
    b76Pd5.gif

/nuffsaid

But you need guns to make mabinogi great again...

But it is rough when you're at the decisive moment in battle and you shoot and nothing comes out of the gun.
    At least they don't have overheating or backfiring. It could be worse.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    if you think that's bad, try archery
    lceCream wrote: »
    if you think that's bad, try archery

But archery, you know how much ammo you have left and you know how long it takes to load and aim and you have time to defend yourself if the target gets too close.
  • RheyRhey
    It's even worse when after SR and U can't target the nearest deadly mob cuz they're not really as close as they appeared. Then U get swarmed on cuz the target U locked on rite in front of U is 2 far away server wise but client-side its rite in front of U.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    This is a very common issue with slow enemies. Or enemies that has been speed debuffed.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Yeah... NA Mabi's lag make it pretty difficult to use something like guns, shuriken, and archery in general... possibly Chainslash when it comes out to NA Mabinogi...

Gotta love it when you manage to miss with archery even at 100% aim.
    Zeo wrote: »
    Yeah... NA Mabi's lag make it pretty difficult to use something like guns, shuriken, and archery in general... possibly Chainslash when it comes out to NA Mabinogi...

Gotta love it when you manage to miss with archery even at 100% aim.

An arrow only goes straight in the direction it's shooting at.
  • InfighterInfighter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    If they ever fix positioning lags, that'll be the biggest, greatest and worthiest update of all times.
    Danievictria
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    Maia wrote: »
    What's worse is that the skills don't even try to prevent this. Bullet slide doesn't move your position until the animation ends, so you almost always get hit if you use it as an escape skill, and grapple shot seems to move your position before the animation ends, which gets you hit. Bullet storm animation being unable to cancel also gets you hit if you target too many enemies since the stun just wears off. Gunner is lacking a severe amount of polish and it doesn't seem like it will ever be getting any of that much needed polish.
  • kirbystarkirbystar
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    edited July 31, 2017
    This problem is mostly client-side graphics lag. You are lagging with only one character and one monster so the lag is severe. Both server and client CPU are fast, the problem can be traced to client GPU, memory or network in that order.

As a quick solution you can change OPTION (video, effect, performance) to reduce or eliminate good graphics quality.

I assume that your computer has a video graphics card (not Intel integrated GPU but Nvidea or ATI dedicated GPU since they have their own RAM) and it's driver and directX are up to date. You need its basic 2D acceleration and framebuffer capabilities In addition to the 3D hardware for gaming graphics.

What is your IGN on mari.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    I just love using ranged skill sets and getting out ranged by melee mobs, it adds an element of surprise and keeps you on your toes.