Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

JP mabi ads

PannyaPannya
Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
edited August 1, 2017 in General Chat
5:04 true story lol
[Deleted User]Opalthira
  1. Do we need this in NA?34 votes
    1. Yes
       53% (18 votes)
    2. No
       15% (5 votes)
    3. Maybe...
       32% (11 votes)

Comments

• lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    the one at 7 mins....
    Opalthirapawcalypse
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 1, 2017
    lidiya wrote: »
    the one at 7 mins....

6c02b1e751.jpg
    yep. lol
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I think those commercials got progressively weirder.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Policroma wrote: »
    I think those commercials got progressively weirder.

Pfffffffffft! At least they have commercials.
    DanievictriaTheNyanCatSaipawcalypseSherri
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    The one at 7 minutes is too funny.
    "one more time"
    Doesn't even care about his phone anymore.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    eVxH7To.jpg
    XiokunSaiSherri
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I felt like the one at minute 7 was also supposed to be a reference to the fairy well in ALTTP. Although that as well may be a reference to something.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited August 1, 2017
    hahaha some of these are pretty funny XD especially the kid pretending to be asleep being compared to people playing dead in Alby boss room. LOL

also.... it's funny when they show the ingame crowds because there's still only like 3-5 giants. ;A; there was like 3 giants together in Belvast last night and someone was like OH MY GOD THERE'S GIANTS!

we need more giant players 'cmon :D
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    At least they get ads....
    ArchdukeValeCortezpawcalypseSherri
    Finity wrote: »
    At least they get ads....

Well because their ad investments are worth it.
    Over here, nah.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    These are pretty cool! There are some that I didn't totally understand thanks to how ambiguous the situations were and how spotty my Japanese is, but the one with the dude getting punched out of the tree by that huge lady was the best! XD

We need weird-yet-on-point adds like this for the games English version. Sure, the add with the guy trying to get a panty-peek and getting blocked every time might not fly in the States (The Right: That's sinful!; The Left: That's exploitative!; and neither of them realizing that they are both sitting in their living rooms basically agreeing that the add is generally in poor taste by our cultural standards. America=irony.), but we definitely need better ads over here.
    These are pretty cool! There are some that I didn't totally understand thanks to how ambiguous the situations were and how spotty my Japanese is, but the one with the dude getting punched out of the tree by that huge lady was the best! XD

We need weird-yet-on-point adds like this for the games English version. Sure, the add with the guy trying to get a panty-peek and getting blocked every time might not fly in the States (The Right: That's sinful!; The Left: That's exploitative!; and neither of them realizing that they are both sitting in their living rooms basically agreeing that the add is generally in poor taste by our cultural standards. America=irony.), but we definitely need better ads over here.

To corporations, only if it maxes profit.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited August 1, 2017

A good ad campaign always maxes profits. Good ads bring in lots of customers. Lots of customers mean lots of money. Bad ads don't bring in many customers or bring in all of the wrong customers, no ads bring in no customers at all, either way that's bad for business. The wrong customer may spend a little money, but then will stop because they don't like the product and will take their money elsewhere. No customer...well, that's blatantly obvious, isn't it? But good ads will draw in lots of the right kind of customer. They stick around for a long time and spend a bunch of money on the product, they even recommend it to like-minded friends who will also become regular customers.

To sum things up:

Good Ads=Good for Business
    Bad or Misleading Ads=Bad for Business
    No Ads=You Don't What Money, Do You?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Lord, even in the ad the game lags when a lot of characters are around.

A good ad campaign always maxes profits. Good ads bring in lots of customers. Lots of customers mean lots of money. Bad ads don't bring in many customers or bring in all of the wrong customers, no ads bring in no customers at all, either way that's bad for business. The wrong customer may spend a little money, but then will stop because they don't like the product and will take their money elsewhere. No customer...well, that's blatantly obvious, isn't it? But good ads will draw in lots of the right kind of customer. They stick around for a long time and spend a bunch of money on the product, they even recommend it to like-minded friends who will also become regular customers.

To sum things up:

Good Ads=Good for Business
    Bad or Misleading Ads=Bad for Business
    No Ads=You Don't What Money, Do You?

Considering their MapleStory ads, I don't want them to touch advertisement ever again.
    TV ads are always the home run jackpot.
    Everywhere else, meh.
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited August 1, 2017
    Everywhere else, meh.

I haven't seen any PC MMO TV commercials. It's usually commercials about a new Mobile MMO or Console game.
    And on sites such as Youtube or Twitch, it tends to be the same.
  • KimberlyKimberly
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Siodhan wrote: »
    I felt like the one at minute 7 was also supposed to be a reference to the fairy well in ALTTP. Although that as well may be a reference to something.

"Did you drop this gold smartphon-" before he cuts her off, is the only reference, everything else is original. It's a reference to an old Korean folk tale by Han.
    Redetsu wrote: »
    Everywhere else, meh.

I haven't seen any PC MMO TV commercials. It's usually commercials about a new Mobile MMO or Console game.
    And on sites such as Youtube or Twitch, it tends to be the same.

I posted something in other threads about how online ads work, since internet providers and browsers sell our privacy data to ad companies.
    If you search for things on a search engine, that information gets distributed to 3rd party ad companies who have contracts with companies to distribute their ads for dirt cheap prices and then put them on the respective person(s)' browser. It is possible that they go a further step and put video ads if available on applications or video sites that the person uses.

For example, I searched for mabi a few times back in June to get to the website.
    I immediately started getting mabi ads on the 3rd party ads on the browser.
    When I used Crunchyroll, I got the Memento promo trailer at every break.

Of course, if you have an ad blocker or premium services on a site that eliminates ads, you won't see them.
    But they're certainly there.
    Kimberly wrote: »
    Siodhan wrote: »

"Did you drop this gold smartphon-" before he cuts her off, is the only reference, everything else is original. It's a reference to an old Korean folk tale by Han.

A common folktale.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Honest_Woodcutter
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I like the one where the girl just hands him a package of raw meat and then walks away.
    pawcalypseKensamaofmari