Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hi, I'm new here and was wondering something..

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Promestein wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »
    I don't play this game anymore

hmmmmm :P

Shhhhh! You can't just pick out very specific parts of my post!

haha just teasing :D
    Promestein
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 5, 2017
    Foxharth wrote: »
    Thank you for the information everyone - I think I'll start with a human to get those extra-character-cards. Along with the very helpful information on crafting - I'm willing to suffer through a large grind because that is most useful and helpful to me in a game. Coming from games like Istaria and Warframe, I mean. I'll also be giving both Mari and Alexina a thought in consideration.
    As for the additional information ; That's rather awesome Felice, I didn't know that.. But the two classes you mentioned at the end; Magic and Alchemy sound rather awesome! I'm probably going to start with magic as a startup.

Also thank you for the information on races, I'll start human as Negumiko said and get those free character cards. Otherwise, I'll post again with the server I'm going to be starting on, thank you all again!
    Gaea wrote: »
    Which server should you join?

latest?cb=20130218085354

I'm not touching that one anymore.

Thank you for being the most useful..
    Don't comment in this thread ever again, unless it's the server you're on.
    Edit;
    Anyway I picked Alexina.

That comment was not directed at you. There is usually a lot of drama that occurs when we have newcomers asking what server they should join, not necessarily from the new player but from the community.

I am sorry you took that the wrong way. But with that kind of humorless response I could care less where you go now.

I am honestly I am kinda glad you didn't pick my server. Godspeed.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Crafting is grindy but worth it here. I recommend Tailoring as a first crafting talent if you want something immediately useful and easy to gather materials for. With the stat bonuses from crafting, you can make a piece of clothing that can turn out to be a very nice piece of early-game armor with a low repair cost (a Mongo Traveler suit with some good crafting bonuses, one Lining Attachment 2 upgrade, and two Lining Attachment 3 upgrades will do just fine for most early game dungeons and enemies and costs practically nothing to repair at the 100% success rate.). As you level up and can make more expensive and fashionable items, you can make a nice bit of money selling your crafted wares at a kiosk...especially if you pre-bless your stuff and put decent enchantments on it.

Potion making is very useful too, but I suggest that you wait on that until you can solo Ciar normal (around total level 250-300) to make gathering herbs a lot easier. Base herbs are easy to find in the field, but the other kinds of herbs need to be gathered from either finding herb patches in dungeons or getting them as drops from certain kinds of enemies. Getting herbs from dungeons is the most consistent method, and Ciar is the easiest to repeatedly visit to obtain them.

Welcome to Mabi, I hope you have a lot of fun here!
    Sherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    That comment was not directed at you. There is usually a lot of drama that occurs when we have newcomers asking what server they should join, not necessarily from the new player but from the community.

I am sorry you took that the wrong way. But with that kind of humorless response I could care less where you go now.

In OP's defense, they had zero idea about what they were getting into with that question nor have any context to your sass to understand that it was a joke. You were kinda asking for it.

And that's entirely uncalled for.
    SherriGretaTheNyanCat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Buffalos wrote: »

In OP's defense, they had zero idea about what they were getting into with that question nor have any context to your sass to understand that it was a joke. You were kinda asking for it.

And that's entirely uncalled for.

latest?cb=20160828214839
    [Deleted User]
  • PromesteinPromestein
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,185
    Thank you for the information everyone - I think I'll start with a human to get those extra-character-cards. Along with the very helpful information on crafting - I'm willing to suffer through a large grind because that is most useful and helpful to me in a game. Coming from games like Istaria and Warframe, I mean. I'll also be giving both Mari and Alexina a thought in consideration.
    As for the additional information ; That's rather awesome Felice, I didn't know that.. But the two classes you mentioned at the end; Magic and Alchemy sound rather awesome! I'm probably going to start with magic as a startup.

Also thank you for the information on races, I'll start human as Negumiko said and get those free character cards. Otherwise, I'll post again with the server I'm going to be starting on, thank you all again!

latest?cb=20130218085354

Edit;
    Anyway I picked Alexina.

Maybe you should probably get a refresher in how to talk to people.

Oh go suck an egg, Gaea. Not like your server exists anyway.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    latest?cb=20160828214839

Just saying that you probably shouldn't joke about things newer players wouldn't know about in a thread that a new player makes. You're either going to confuse them for no good reason or make them angry.
    DanievictriaSherriGretaTheNyanCat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 5, 2017
    More shots at smaller servers. You're right. Just not going to post in these threads anymore. I will just request for them to be moved to the help forum from now on since new players need help on deciding what server they should go to. Perhaps everyone will be more civil there.
  • PromesteinPromestein
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,185
    More shots at smaller servers. You're right. Just not going to post in these threads anymore. I will just request for them to be moved to the help forum from now on since new players need help on deciding what server they should go to. Perhaps everyone will be more civil there.

Progress!

So anyway, to anyone else who's new here, don't be discouraged to ask for help. Most people will try to help as much as they can.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited August 5, 2017

latest?cb=20130218085354

Edit;
    Anyway I picked Alexina.

U set urself up 4 dat burn tho...shuld've added the bold part to the original post for context. No need 2 lash-back. Just hold the "L" and move on.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Rhey wrote: »

latest?cb=20130218085354

Edit;
    Anyway I picked Alexina.

U set urself up 4 dat burn tho...shuld've added the bold part to the original post for context. No need 2 lash-back. Just hold the "L" and move on.

Yeah I know I should not of lashed back. That remark from op got under my skin. Then we have the same old server bashing comments - which doesn't help either. Freaking pisses me off every time.
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Other servers besides Alexina exist? Also Foxharth, here's some advice.

Don't talk to strangers. Most of them want all of your gold anyway. Also don't sell your soul to the devil of Alexina. Not kidding about this one. His name begins with a T, unless he's stopped playing. I wouldn't know.

What else, what else... Alexina is the number one server. The others don't exist, so keep that joke up and don't let it die. We take this very seriously.

Follow this advice, and I'm sure your time will be an easy one here.

God, I've missed you.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    It's really more the case of you deciding for yourself which server. It helps to make the choice easier if you happen to already have a friend currently playing, but if you don't then try it out ! You can always delete your account and remake it if you want all free cards on the same server, but I do recommend a "test run". All the servers have their own subtle personalities to them. Alexina has the most people, but that might be meaningless if you aren't very social or don't like crowds. And there are certainly some benefits to having a low population such as easier to get into the Fashion shows and win, or ancient hunting. I think it may be best to figure out on your own what sort of things you may want from your Fantasy Life, but if you've already decided that's cool too!

Welcome to Mabinogi!
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Speaking of asking others for help, that's also what the New User Ambassadors are there for. You can find the NUA's for your server here.
    Potion making is very useful too, but I suggest that you wait on that until you can solo Ciar normal (around total level 250-300) to make gathering herbs a lot easier. Base herbs are easy to find in the field, but the other kinds of herbs need to be gathered from either finding herb patches in dungeons or getting them as drops from certain kinds of enemies. Getting herbs from dungeons is the most consistent method, and Ciar is the easiest to repeatedly visit to obtain them.

Actually, I think it's easier to get mana, bloody and other herbs via shyllien ecology in the Shyllien Nature Reserve. For the most part, you will not have to do much fighting if you stay in District 1.

WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    Speaking of asking others for help, that's also what the New User Ambassadors are there for. You can find the NUA's for your server here.

Actually, I think it's easier to get mana, bloody and other herbs via shyllien ecology in the Shyllien Nature Reserve. For the most part, you will not have to do much fighting if you stay in District 1.

Yeah I think it might be easier to get mana, bloody, and poison from ecology. And then just get base herbs from the field. Although you would have to level herbalism to at least rank F so that you can see the base herbs in the field. Herbalism isn't bad if you frequent dungeons that have herb patches often. And actually, plenty of herbs that you can't get from ecology you can get from exploration and finding herb patches in the Solea tunnels (mostly the set of tunnels that connects Solea to Vales, not the set that connects Solea to Nubes mountains). And if herb patches are going to be used more, it might be beneficial to rank herbalism, although you could probably get away without if you use ecology+synthesis. Sorry I got a little chatty Yokkaichi
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    If you're on Alexina Just add horsti and go to their hs its just herbs.
    There's also another herbstead farm in the Alexina chat sub forum area you can use for free as well.
    WolfandWolf
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    We really need dislike button for being rude to other on this forum.
    Let's lock this thread now before it turns worse :D
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    yNiBv8S.gif
    Sherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Ellisya wrote: »
    We really need dislike button for being rude to other on this forum.

Nah.

It'll just be abused more by haterz than actually being legit.

If U wanna see an example...Just hang around reddit long enuf(Which uses a dislike/like ratio system) and you'll see people getting dislikes even if they're just popping in and saying hi.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Can we please make a new-player section above the general section? This should be really useful to new guys.
    CrimsọnSherri