Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The server seems unstable.

l3unnil3unni
Mabinogi Rep: 330
in Technical Support
It's not just today either. It's been the past few days and it's not just me either. The server has been on serious lag. I'm personally pretty Irritated by
the whole thing cause today it caused me a pretty vital quest. I don't have nao stone to just waste and i don't have time to press a button 17 times
and hit 3 or 4 if i'm lucky. I've talked to my friends and they say they've been having the same issue. What's wrong with our server?

Server: mari

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    The server just ended a very long relationship, and is very emotional right now. (joke)
  • l3unnil3unni
    Mabinogi Rep: 330
    edited August 5, 2017
    Spy wrote: »
    The server just ended a very long relationship, and is very emotional right now. (joke)

It needs to get over it D: i have missions!
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I've noticed some lag in Tarlach as well, namely in dungeons and SM. Monsters are getting stuck or they keep walking out of the room where you can't fight them, then appear back inside. I use a shuriken so when I try to hit them, sometimes it just won't go, or when I use Kunai Storm, there are times when it's not even affecting the monsters it hits, moving around I lag a bit too v.v
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I've lagged quite a bit. The stuff where my character stops walking for a split second.
    It's annoying more than anything.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yeah the click and displacement lag is the worst. When I can't defend myself or kill the mob quick enough because of such lag and I am forced to use a nao stone, I feel scammed.
    badnewsbarrettXiokunSherriGoldtiger01pawcalypseFaithrend
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    To be fair, the servers have kind of been laggy for at least a month now.
    badnewsbarrettpawcalypseFaithrend
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    To be fair, the servers have kind of been laggy for at least a month now.

Agreed. Usually for me, it's just been lagging when I move things around in my inv, but now it's when I'm actually trying to fight things too :/
    Faithrend
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    They have been laggy for MONTHS.
    Faithrend
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Summer vacation is still underway and players will log in which may cause instability.
    JJ
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Summer vacation is still underway and players will log in which may cause instability.

We should have servers that would be able to handle that.
    pawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I just crashed for the third time today. Anyone else having this issue?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Leinei wrote: »
    I just crashed for the third time today. Anyone else having this issue?

Beginning of the week woes until maintenance.
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    It's been wonky for me on Mari. I just want to sell some items so I have some gold.
  • SherriSherri
    Hopped on Ch 2 yesterday to run some Alban training (whatever that stuff is called in Dunbarton)
    Lag spikes everywhere.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yeah the click and displacement lag is the worst. When I can't defend myself or kill the mob quick enough because of such lag and I am forced to use a nao stone, I feel scammed.

Tell me about it lol the other day I was doing a mission, I shot an arrow at the enemy, it died. It then attacked me from the grave and killed me. Bye bye nao stone D:
    Faithrend
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Maia wrote: »

Tell me about it lol the other day I was doing a mission, I shot an arrow at the enemy, it died. It then attacked me from the grave and killed me. Bye bye nao stone D:

That's bs. smh.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited August 8, 2017
    Maia wrote: »

That's bs. smh.

The same has happened to me in the past. I'm guessing it's similar to the displacement lag. The client thinks the enemy is being hit, but the server for some reason keeps it moving/attacking. Rhey posted a gif showing this of a zombie attacking from a long distance while it was being shot.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 8, 2017
    jjeremy wrote: »
    The same has happened to me in the past. I'm guessing it's similar to the displacement lag. The client thinks the enemy is being hit, but the server for some reason keeps it moving/attacking. Rhey posted a gif showing this of a zombie attacking from a long distance while it was being shot.

Some people Gaea probably just meant that it's bs the servers are so laggy.

But yeah, tbh I wasn't very far like in that video either lol I was in deadly too so that didn't help
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    They have been laggy for MONTHS.

You mean for years.
    This isn't really a new issue.
    pawcalypseSherri
  • SherriSherri
    So wait.. actual important question though;
    has anybody else noticed the music skills take longer to actually take effect?
    Is it lag or did Nexon purposely nerf the skills?

Like, my friend and me have been running SMs and dungeons a lot lately and it takes twice as long for Lullaby to put things to sleep as well as not putting many to sleep so we both have to spam it just to make the enemies fall asleep.

Buffs like Battlefield Overture take a second or longer just to kick in.

I'm on Mari.