Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Glitching Outside Map Bounds

CheeezburgerCheeezburger
Mabinogi Rep: 600
edited December 23, 2016 in Bugs and Glitches
I've accidentally glitched past the invisible walls bounding the Osna Sail map.
This happened as I was commercing between Emain Macha and Dunbarton and triggered some bandits. Then I used windmill to defend my stuff, and lo and behold, a Giant Bandit glitched outside of the normally pathable area. I tried to kill it, as I didn't want to wait I-don't-know-how-long for it to despawn. As normal skills apparently couldn't reach it, I used Doppelganger to be able to attack it. As a result, I'm now stuck outside the normal area due to Doppelganger teleporting me beyond the invisible walls.
I expected for this bug to not occur, as in, I would not be stuck outside of the normal map area. This could have happened in a many ways: the invisible walls for maps could have been one way, as in you can't get past them but you can walk back onto the map; NPCs can't glitch beyond these boundaries, players can't get beyond these boundaries; any characters beyond the boundary is automatically placed back onto the map in the nearest location, just to name a few possible solutions.

I will attach a link to a video of me walking around outside the normal map area once I have it uploaded.
https://youtu.be/eUVY2PAxj5s

IGN: Jamesliu
Server: Tarlach

If a GM/Admin sees this post soon, I would appreciate it if they could place me back onto the map, as I don't want to risk losing a whole bunch of ducats by logging out then using some other teleport method to get back onto the map.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 24, 2016
    You should use the live chat to see if they can get you back on right now. Otherwise you will need to submit a support ticket to have them do it. GM's don't read these. These get forwarded to code monkeys.
  • CheeezburgerCheeezburger
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Apparently, although doppelganger can get you outside of map bounds, it cannot get you back inside map bounds, as monsters within bounds cannot be targeted for ability use.
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    Try playing dead in a way that you would be moved back into the map. Some colliders (who knows why it's only some) let you force your way through them, but not walk through them.