Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is Mabinogi Dead/ Quickly Dying?

Comments

• AdjuaAdjua
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    I didn't know about the death dance skill that seems cool but the whole "boosting accessories called Soul Stones to go with it" sounds exactly what I mentioned. Just grinding for extra over kill stats and throwing money at the game is hardly an update. Like events and giant update in essence are just grinding in disguise. Giant update just makes their quality of life better so you can just do what you were doing easier

The chain sounds very interesting because it has been years since the last skill set or even addition or previous ones. (What even happened to hidden skills?) I'm sure everyone here including myself have lots to do before they complete the game but if you see the game dying soon whats the point in putting in the effort?
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Adjua wrote: »
    I didn't know about the death dance skill that seems cool but the whole "boosting accessories called Soul Stones to go with it" sounds exactly what I mentioned. Just grinding for extra over kill stats and throwing money at the game is hardly an update. Like events and giant update in essence are just grinding in disguise. Giant update just makes their quality of life better so you can just do what you were doing easier

The chain sounds very interesting because it has been years since the last skill set or even addition or previous ones. (What even happened to hidden skills?) I'm sure everyone here including myself have lots to do before they complete the game but if you see the game dying soon whats the point in putting in the effort?

Soul Stones don't cost money, you run the dungeon to get them...
    TheNyanCat
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    If I had a nickel every time one of these FUD threads showed up....
    LeineiGretapawcalypseCrimsọn
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited August 6, 2017
    We're overdue for Tory Ravine.

If Tory Ravine happens to be the discreetly alluded 'Home of the fomors' that Barry (at Belvast's Pub) mentions , then yeah. Let's hope we get that eventually.

RaishiiMhaolpawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I'm curious about that new area from the G21 video. Maybe we get Tory Ravine? =D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Leinei wrote: »
    I'm curious about that new area from the G21 video. Maybe we get Tory Ravine? =D

I couldn't watch the whole thing to be honest. Whats the time stamp for this "new" area?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Gaea wrote: »

I couldn't watch the whole thing to be honest. Whats the time stamp for this "new" area?

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/5518/confirmed-g21-this-winter-kr/p1 Around 21:50 is an area I don't recognize, but it looks like a dungeon.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited August 6, 2017
    The game is still getting content updates. It's nowhere near dead in the sense of being abandoned by the developers. New content takes time, but our whiny ungrateful player base blitzes though everything new as fast as humanly possible so they can get back to having nothing to do (and complaining about it) again.

The biggest danger we have is the player base on the NA servers dwindling to the point where there aren't enough paying players still around to justify the costs of keeping our servers in operation.
    badnewsbarrettDanievictriaGretapawcalypse
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    It's not the players fault for things being completed, smart MMO making includes designing for content longevity as well as entertainment.

The player base for the game is on the decline, you just can not argue against that. Just because we have content updates doesn't mean we won't face the same thing as EU, not enough profits to keep the game running.
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    KingEphy wrote: »
    We're overdue for Tory Ravine.

If Tory Ravine happens to be the discreetly alluded 'Home of the fomors' that Barry (at Belvast's Pub) mentions , then yeah. Let's hope we get that eventually.

Seeing Chapter 6 is Focused on the Divine Knights with the extremest Fomorians being lead by someone called Mother Ladeca, we Might see Tory Ravine in G21. ("Might." Let's not hold our breaths lol)
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/5518/confirmed-g21-this-winter-kr/p1 Around 21:50 is an area I don't recognize, but it looks like a dungeon.

I think that's Peaca dungeon
    They're still making G21, it'll be updated in kr this winter
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    It's not the players fault for things being completed, smart MMO making includes designing for content longevity as well as entertainment.

The player base for the game is on the decline, you just can not argue against that. Just because we have content updates doesn't mean we won't face the same thing as EU, not enough profits to keep the game running.

This. Updating contents in NA mabinogi doesn't take much effort/money because they're not making contents from scratch, they're just bringing what KR made already....Our mabi will keep being updated unless Nexon gives up on kr mabi (which won't happen for a very long time). 'It keeps getting updated' isn't a proof of game doing good in our case. You'd have to see how much profit they make....

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 7, 2017
    Another FUD thread. Why Nexon is allowing such threads to exist in the first place? I thought such things are again'st TOS.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    the games dynamics just shifted now the game has aged. that's all.

if you really want to know if the game is dead or not. goto the games wiki on the front page you'll see the activity.

majority of activity is always on marketing channels.

can these threads die already now?
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited August 7, 2017
    Shaeli wrote: »
    The biggest danger we have is the player base on the NA servers dwindling to the point where there aren't enough paying players still around to justify the costs of keeping our servers in operation.

Therefore we need more gachapons? I don't know if this is the only answer or the only way the NA server can survive.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited August 7, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    Another FUD thread. Why Nexon is allowing such threads to exist in the first place? I thought such things are again'st TOS.

I agree. They're quite annoying. =T
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 7, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »
    If I had a nickel every time one of these FUD threads showed up....

You would have 20k Nx!

Yeah it seems like they don't care about the forums anymore. Should we test this theory out by having a political/religious taboo debate?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

That's avalon.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Avalon has skeletons in the walls?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Avalon has skeletons in the walls?

They are probably making an avalon based dungeon instead of actually developing an entirely new area.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited August 7, 2017
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Shaeli wrote: »

Therefore we need more gachapons? I don't know if this is the only answer or the only way the NA server can survive.

Advertising and retention seem to be beyond their capabilities, so what does that leave us?