Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Has anyone noticed the Dragon Ruins Fossil?

LazyReeLazyRee
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in General Chat
Originally g1-g3ish only the head was apparent. Now nearly the entire thing is uncovered..
Elves and Giants originally received there trans abilities to fend off dragons.. Sooo will this new fossil possible lead to more..??
your thoughts ppl

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Oh we've seen it, it's been there for a decade now. :D
  • XatheXathe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    Something to do with the dragon in G3, that one thing I skipped
    You head back there at some point when you travel to Tir na Nog
  • JulchenJulchen
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    I kinda theorize that once certain maps get updated for being able to fly within them, it could be a possibility in that we get some ancient bone dragon field/raid boss or something in Gairech? Or even possibly a Baol boss if we take Other World into consideration oAo
    Mhaol
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    it's been fully uncovered since Saga I think.. somewhere around there. still nothing new since then though. I hope they plan something for it because Seumas used to be there by himself and now he has 2 apprentices. It would be neat if he fully uncovers it and finds some new dungeon ruins underneath or something
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    I think it'd be neat if there was a dungeon revealed under there with dragon-type enemies. o3o
    HawkleafbadnewsbarrettPolicroma
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Arjune wrote: »
    it's been fully uncovered since Saga I think.. somewhere around there. still nothing new since then though. I hope they plan something for it because Seumas used to be there by himself and now he has 2 apprentices. It would be neat if he fully uncovers it and finds some new dungeon ruins underneath or something

G21: Seumas accidentally releases a demon dragon sealed within the statue and almost destroys the world only to be saved by Altam's ability to fanboy the player into doing literally anything.
    CrimsọnKensamaofmariIyasenuAtaraxizPromestein
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Buffalos wrote: »

G21: Seumas accidentally releases a demon dragon sealed within the statue and almost destroys the world only to be saved by Altam's ability to fanboy the player into doing literally anything.

LOL :D quality story material
    Crimsọn
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Buffalos wrote: »

That's literally the plot of Fire Emblem Fates but somehow better than all three of those games combined.
    Buffalos
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Sebastian wrote: »
    That's literally the plot of Fire Emblem Fates but somehow better than all three of those games combined.

At least the singing in Fates was better than the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEing we have in Mabi. God help us all if we have to sing at the Seumas dragon to make it die.
    SebastianTheNyanCat
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited August 7, 2017
    What do you mean uncovered, it's still just a head. Now with a neck.
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    edited August 7, 2017
    Oh yes, the Dragon Ruins with each >Chapter update< has been getting more and more revealed. Plus dear Seumas finally got some helpers.

Considering DevCat is actively editing that area with each update, something is planned for that area. New Dungeon, Raid Area, perhaps a new way into TNN/Other World, who knows what we might see. Heck Seumas might wake up the Fir Bolgs, or some Fomorians that been trapped beneath those ruins since the Mag Tuireadh Wars back before G1!

WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!~

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Stolias wrote: »
    Oh yes, the Dragon Ruins with each >Chapter update< has been getting more and more revealed. Plus dear Seumas finally got some helpers.

Considering DevCat is actively editing that area with each update, something is planned for that area. New Dungeon, Raid Area, perhaps a new way into TNN/Other World, who knows what we might see. Heck Seumas might wake up the Fir Bolgs, or some Fomorians that been trapped beneath those ruins since the Mag Tuireadh Wars back before G1!

WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!~

That would be something. But they keep tackling areas that don't need tampering with.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Maybe it will be a future gen quest? HA!
  • KadalynKadalyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    edited August 8, 2017
    I'm hoping for a raid version of fully resurrected Cromm when it's uncovered. iirc the Cromm we fought before wasn't at full strength?
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Kadalyn wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a raid version of fully resurrected Cromm when it's uncovered. iirc the Cromm we fought before wasn't at full strength?

I hope that wasn't his full strength, considering the one we fought was a stone statue.

Though, also unfortunately, the real Cromm Cruiach is dead, so I think the chances of us fighting him again are slim. Unless a retcon happens.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The only thing Seumas has been digging for all these years is for his career.

Pretty sure that the dragon ruins would have to do with something before the previous fomorian war that turned Sen Mag into swiss cheese.

In my opinion, it would be more likely they find lost civilization underneath if they keep digging.
    Maybe a dungeon of a lost civilization would be fun. But if they can't even revive Port Ceann or expand westwards on Uladh I doubt they will be using something for the dragon statue anytime soon.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Naw it's nuthing special like that. It's just an artifact he's working on to turned in 2 voight 4 9,999,999 exploration points. You guyz are overthinking stuffz. :D
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    They shortchanged us on 1 exp!
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    The Dragon Statue near Bangor is meant to be an effigy for Cromm Cruaich. Basically, there were two ways to resurrect Cromm. One was by a blood pact that Ruairi's father did, and the other was to activate the effigy. If Cromm is revived, then Ruairi is also revived. Basically that statue means that both Ruairi and Cromm aren't dead as of yet, and can be revived.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    They shortchanged us on 1 exp!

It's voight...he's a Known cheapskate. Won't even refund when he fails @ his job. Even fergy refunds ur repair when he fails. :D
    Kensamaofmari