Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Grandmaster Title

Macal007Macal007
Mabinogi Rep: 930
in General Chat
Who agrees with me ?

The Grandmaster title is way to easy to obtain..
I didn't even have to Master each skill that's connected to it..
So..

Adding the word True to the title, when having mastered all connected skills..
That will also say something about the fullness of the grandmastery..

Personally I already mastered Potion making, and almost herbalism (just a few more mandrakes..), and then it's another long haul on Prod Mastery..
(already done the herbal and pots, just need the Handcraft Tailoring and Blacksmith.)

Personally fullfillment of the mastery adds something to the titles I think..

1. Adding the True prefix to the Grandmaster title upon mastering underlying skills. Good or Bad idea ?35 votes
    1. !YAY! More Grinding but a really nice prefix..I wanna be a True Grandmaster..
       37% (13 votes)
    2. !HELL NO! I like it when people think I've already Mastered all underlying skills.
       37% (13 votes)
    3. ?O.o?..Whatishu ?
       26% (9 votes)

Comments

• Macal007Macal007
    I'm the First Grandmaster Apothecary on the server I think..(as of Today)
  • Macal007Macal007
    I'd also wanna be the first one making True Grandmaster Apothecary
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I think it's fine.

Btw careful with those consecutive comments. Try editing your comments in the future.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited August 8, 2017
    No need 2 triple post if ur the only one in ur own thread... :p

Just edit it into OP. ;)

btw~Gratz :)
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    honestly for the buff in stats some grandmasters can give it is a little too easy to get however getting mastery of some skills can feel like trying to get blood from a stone with a wooden tooth pick so i'm kinda on the fence about this.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited August 8, 2017
    When the talent system was first made I thought it meant you had to at least r1 all skills in the talent. I admit I was a bit disappointed.
    Would the title be taken away when new skills are added to the talent? People would lose True Grandmaster bard as soon as Dance of Death is added for example?

If you're on Mari then I'm sorry to disappoint you. Apothecary was my first talent to Grandmaster after the update since I was mastering Potion Making at the time.
    Gormandize
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    edited August 8, 2017
    Ehh, I feel like that would only work if the current GM effect stayed and the "True" GM effect was an improved/better version of the current GM effect.

Take GM Cleric, I guess, for an example. Since the GM effect is [Pet combat exp and Party combat exp increase by 50%], I would expect the "True" GM effect to be something along the lines of [Pet combat exp and Party combat exp increase by 100%, Healing effects +25%,Wound recovery +15% of amount healed] or something close to that to motivate the grind to mastering each skill in said talent.

Having the just the title to say you mastered all those skill in a talent with no new benefits just doesn't cut it, in my opinion.

Also, if you're in Ruairi, sorry to say, but my little sister already has the title when GM first came out. But grats on getting the GM title, and goodluck on mastering Production mastery.
  • SomeNoobProSomeNoobPro
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    I'm sorry to inform you that you are probably 10 billion % wrong OP. You probably misread and misunderstood the congrats banner. When it says ex. First apothecary it means its your first grandmaster... instead of server wide. Otherwise idk why you would think you're the first considering the apothecary gm wasn't exactly just added recently ; ppl could get it from before and not to include paying but people should be on their 5th or 6th gm since the renewal. Congrats on the GM though since it has an amazing effect or so I've heard.
  • Macal007Macal007
    edited August 8, 2017
    First off, didn't mean to double post..

Second, I'm on Alexina..

Third I just saw the message go by "xxxxx was the First to reach Grandmaster apothecary"..so..big fat "dafq ?"

I already been GM for a couple hours..

I found the edit button btw..It's hidden in the upper right corner..(I didn't see it..)

If I wasn't the first then why did someone else get the message "xxxx was the first to become Grandmaster Apothecary"
    (I did not misread it.)

Snap_6kHjzEul2U945806878.png
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    You were most likely not the first grandmaster Apoth. Because those banners started appearing about a month ago.
    Not to mention when they came out they were broken and show like 10-20 "first grandmaster warriors"
    On top of that it most likely Doesn't count people who already had the grandmaster title before the banners were added in.
    They game may say you were the first grandmaster Apoth. but in realty you are not. You were just the first one to do it after the banners got patched.
  • Macal007Macal007
    edited August 8, 2017
    Ok..so basically there could be 100's ?
    Ugh..I was determined to become the 1st, cuz Alexina does not have that many at all..

Anyone on Alexina here already got GM Apothecary ?
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    Macal007 wrote: »
    Ok..so basically there could be 100's ?
    Ugh..I was determined to become the 1st, cuz Alexina does not have that many at all..

I think it means that it was your first grandmaster, not the number in the server. So say you GM tailor next, it should say "Macal007 has reached the second grandmaster Tailor. Congratulations!" The highest I've seen so far is 10th.
    Greta
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Just saw a first grandmaster bard so yeah.
    Theres literally hundreds of those.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Sure, whatever. As long as it doesn't add more stats or anything that's just a cosmetic detail.
    Macal007
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    First of all it's not like you could not GM apothecary before the update to chances are at least one person did it in the last decade.

I think the exact message is "[Player] has achieved the first grandmaster, [Talent]! Congratulations!" so I can see how that could be misleading. They should change "the" to "their".
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Yea GM Apoth was a fav among lowbies cuz it's the easiest talent 2 sneak into Lords with. It's nothing new.
  • NeyheshiNeyheshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    I love how loaded the poll is. Honestly Grandmasters wouldnt need to master everything in their subject of choice. This is no different. You gain a cerain amount of knowledge and graduate from master to grandmaster, but there will still be things to learn. Do you expect the Grandmaster title to be taken away any time a new skill is added to that category?
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    There are people on Mari who have already gotten grandmaster in all 19 talents, because they hate having anything left undone and have way too much gold for their own good.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited August 9, 2017
    There are people who have already gotten grandmaster in all 19 talents, because they hate having anything left undone and have way too much gold for their own good.
    Xiokun
  • Macal007Macal007
    edited August 13, 2017
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Sure, whatever. As long as it doesn't add more stats or anything that's just a cosmetic detail.

Well..yeah, it's only to show that one has truly mastered all underlying skills..
    (finished R1, complete with title)
    Neyheshi wrote: »
    I love how loaded the poll is. Honestly Grandmasters wouldnt need to master everything in their subject of choice. This is no different. You gain a cerain amount of knowledge and graduate from master to grandmaster, but there will still be things to learn. Do you expect the Grandmaster title to be taken away any time a new skill is added to that category?

Ofc not, just the prefix..which wouldn't add anything anyway..it's just a sign for recognition..

It's simple, I had a harder time actually mastering single skills than getting the GM title..could've done that much in a day.
    t actually took me over 2 weeks since I thought I had to make 30 300 potions each time...and there's no such amount of clovers laying around..
    Then i found out there was the 2nd and 3rd missions, which I could've done x10 in a heartbeat..

ugh, and herba-pains..damn those mandrakes..