Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What made you start playing Mabinogi?

Comments

• ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    my inner weebiness
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    I had found Maple Story first waaaay back when..... Then one day I went to play and saw a new nexon game Mabinogi on the site so I tried it because I liked the artwork I saw for it. I haven't played Maple Story since, or anything else at all for that matter. I fell in love with it the instant I started and haven't looked back!!
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    My mom worked for Nexon at the time (not on Mabi) and recommended it to me because it was new and I didn't have a social life so why not.
    XtrooAavaFleegonJakimo
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    After getting bored of being left out of everything while playing WoW.
    I decided i would delve into f2p games.
    I played a lot (if not all) of them that were coming out in like 2009.
    I stumbled onto Mabinogi and thought it was ok, i didn't really get far into the game.
    Keep logging in from time to time. Eventually i found the music system and thought it was cool so I played with that for a while.
    Found you could play as pets bought a pet and ran around messing with people.
    Afterwards I took a long time off, but i kept logging into the game at least once a year to see what was new.
    Honestly don't know why i did this bu,t now i'm on everyday trying to play music or sell stuff.
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    I was playing Maplestory when I seen some sort of advertisement for Mabi, right as it was starting up. Played it and fell in love with it. I've met my best friends due to mabi.
    Ktty
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I heard about it from friends back then, when eu still used ip masks. started playing with a mask myself, due to the gameplay and being able to build your char the way you want, instead of being bound to a single class. also, I like how mabi isn't just grinding monsters and then grinding some stronger monsters (as far as main quests go of course). switched to the eu server when that one went up, then switched back to na when eu went down. had a 2 years hiatus and returned about 2 years ago. reading some posts about when mabi was still pretty new and way harder brings back memories. like how tir na nog was always bustling with people when you got there due to only being accessible on saturdays. those were good times
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Rumors of a new game where you could do things like farming besides just combat made me try Mabi as soon as it came out, because I was totally into the "Harvest Moon" series back then...
  • RiddleTricksterRiddleTrickster
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,585
    Was playing maple back at that time and saw the Mabinogi betta announcement. I waited and looked around finding the lorna trailors under videos or something like that, and thought it was cute and got excited because it seemed there were lots we could do. Later on after a few months or so I downloaded the game to be greated with Nao appearing above the loading bar xD.
  • timaeusstimaeuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    edited December 22, 2016

Oh gosh I remember this stuff too! I used to sit by where Fleta showed up and waiting for an outfit to be white and blue. I ended up getting the colours I wanted after waiting LOL
    My first character was a human on Ruairi back in G1 and I remember spamming dungeons and part-time jobs to get gold for the clothes I wanted lol. Back then, I didn't do mainstream story quests however, because you needed premium. As a 15 year old, I didn't really have money I could spend on the game pfff I played on that account until G3
    When I came back after G3, I forgot the old info for my Ruairi character, so I made a new one. I noticed there was a new server and elves, so I made an elf on Alexina and that's the character I play now c:
  • zoks14zoks14
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    back when I started they had the composing section that took my interest. Even though composing was a skill no one wanted to learn at the time since AP was hard to come by so we had to spend it wisely. I personally never listened to everyone else and decided to be a bard before the bard class was even talked about. So the mml feature attracted me.
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    My daghter got me playing. Been playing 7 years now
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    friend 1 introduced friend 2, friend 3, sister and me to mabi in 2009
    played for a bit then quit for 5 years
    friend 2 then asked me to draw their mabi character and i did, and was like oh yeah i have an account on this game and started playing again
    it was the social aspect that kept me playing that time. met many people and had great experiences with guilds and just playing mabi with others in general
    most of those people have quit now though including friend 2 :'c
  • RukiyaRukiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    I search google for something like "anime style multiplayer, Mabi appealed to me most in its description and video, so I downloaded it and bam! Here I am~
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    edited December 25, 2016
    Mabi could of been better if they didn't ruin it with reforges and gacha.

The game was so alive back then....

Welp we can always count on Peria Chronicles.
  • AerenAeren
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    My college classmates and I found Mabinogi the summer before Thesis & Senior Year started. Mabi functioned as some sort of relaxation for us... (Though running dungeons till 6 in the morning knowing you have an Advisement Meeting by 9am is not that all relaxing. XD) We continued playing it for years...

Mabinogi is my first MMO. I'm basically here for nostalgia, but the dungeons and SMs are still fun to run with my old friends. We've been playing this game since 2008 now. :D
  • JakimoJakimo
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Tatsugi
    Tatsugi said:

To me, what I was drawn to in this game was the unlimited character customization possibilities mixed with magic and fighting styles. You literally can dress and do whatever you want and be the person you want to be.

Also, .hack//sign fan, mmos draw me like moths to a bug zapper, however I only play one and latch on for long periods of time.
    I was drew in by a friend from a different game with dragons and such. She had told me how nice the game was and what things there were to do. When she had told me you could be whatever class you wanted (without being locked in), I became interested. The art took some used to getting to, but after a few weeks of playing I latched on and haven't let go. The same when it come to playing one and holding it for a long time.

• SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    The music was what made me start playing. The realization that one could not possibly start out as an elf bard, let alone rank any of the composing and musical knowledge without endless hours of grinding, kept me playing. When I was done with that, jam failures were inevitable and I wondered why I ever started in the first place.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    I saw a banner somewhere I can't remember anymore...I use to play second life before Mabinogi. Stuff was pretty complicated in there and lots of drama ensued. While the drama level is about the same it is much more simpler and fun.

I have been playing since open beta and when I started I barely looked back. Mabinogi has this comfy little niche, it's cozy despite all of it's issues.
  • FirelinksFirelinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Music and the freedom of what to do in the game.
    Mabi was my first mmo and since I started I could not stay more than a few weeks on any other game.

All of these themepark mmo get so boring.
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    I remember it exactly. I was getting fed up from the P2W with my previous game and considered going back to Runescape but I could not tolerate the combat. I applied for the Mabinogi Beta. I remember thinking I had not gotten in, and forgot about it for a while, then while checking through my old email account I saw I had gotten into the beta. Remembered the game was alive and started playing. Somewhere around G1 or G2.