Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

H-Hello? F-forum mods?

Comments

• watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Buffalos wrote: »
    watercat0 wrote: »
    we could force the mods to actually do their job and not have people report it on discord.

VFMs are human beings who need sleep, live outside lives, and work other jobs to make a living. They aren't staring at the forums 24/7.

Remove mods who are not hired by Nexon and hire people that do. They have money, its no excuse just lazyness. Also Missfortune the discord reporting idea only works if people use both the forums and discord. That rarely happens, its either discord or forum, think about which is easier.
  • Unwanted2Unwanted2
    Mabinogi Rep: 805
    we could force the mods to actually do their job and not have people report it on discord.

VFMs are human beings who need sleep, live outside lives, and work other jobs to make a living. They aren't staring at the forums 24/7.

Remove mods who are not hired by Nexon and hire people that do. They have money, its no excuse just lazyness. Also Missfortune the discord reporting idea only works if people use both the forums and discord. That rarely happens, its either discord or forum, think about which is easier.

No we need more mods to delete those spams.
    GretaSherriBuffalos
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Can't tell if this dude is a troll or just legit rude all the time.
    SherriBuffalos
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

If payrolls were only that simple.
    No company will hire people just to remove stuff.
    BuffalosSherri
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator

Even if/when we are staring at the forums 24/7, not everything is going to be caught or right on the beat-- and what might be, may not be as obvious to everyone. We're not here to do a song and dance for anyone.

So these "mods need to do their jobs" posts are not only incredibly misinformed, they're outright rude and disrespectful. If you think a few threads here and there is bad, try the bots that make on the order of 200+ threads in a matter of minutes at 4:38am local time.

Until a fix to the problem is implemented, patience is just going to have to be a thing.
    BuffalosAtaraxizSherriGreta
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Remove mods who are not hired by Nexon and hire people that do. They have money, its no excuse just lazyness.
    Money doesn't fix a lack of people applying for positions. I seriously doubt anyone would take on a job that entails only deleting posts for the pay such work would grant (zero skill involved and no interpersonal skills required would make the position near minimal wage).
    Also Missfortune the discord reporting idea only works if people use both the forums and discord. That rarely happens, its either discord or forum, think about which is easier.
    As a Discord mod, I can tell you that people have pinged the VFMs there several dozen times about these incidents, and that such pings have brought them here quickly when they have free time. You should still flag stuff on the forum, but if spam bots are invading that's when we let people ping the VFMs.
    Unwanted2 wrote: »
    No we need more mods to delete those spams.
    We probably need VFMs who live in other time zones that can cover for the 'day shift' we have when they sleep. And more VFMs in general, I personally don't think 3 is enough for the amount of stuff that gets flagged here.
    AtaraxizMissFortuneSherriGreta
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    A little late to the party here, however, some bots seem like ordinary people, and therefore the mods can't always stop them.

A few I've seen have usernames like normal humans, and then others have random letters like the ones ingame That show up in Dunbarton or Belvast. It's not always possible for this to be discovered before it hits.

Some bots I believe, as stated in another post calling out to the mods, are mostly internet generated and have no direct IP or email because of VPNs and the people behind making the bots are rather intelligent in programing. It's interesting to watch people change these things because we're catching onto them. Still annoying though.

We only have 3-4 mods, and one recently retired their position. We need more mods to cover the forums at times the others are sleeping. It's probably the best idea, along with a new system where a human approved or disapproves new accounts, as stated by those before me.
  • AquasolAquasol
    edited August 8, 2017
    We already have a system in place where accounts are verified by people. That part should be functioning fine, since the same settings are applied on Vindictus. So there may be an error somewhere, but I can't say that on any concrete evidence or authority as I'm not part of the tech folks.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    We probably need VFMs who live in other time zones that can cover for the 'day shift' we have when they sleep. And more VFMs in general, I personally don't think 3 is enough for the amount of stuff that gets flagged here.

I completely and utterly agree with you here. I've said this before myself several times because this is what I did to ensure any possible drama is taken care of my my Discord servers. My mods inform me if something goes down when I can't be around myself. Luckily, we've merely had small disagreements or something said made another uncomfortable, but that was quickly taken care of. I believe Mods on the forums should do the same.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    edited August 8, 2017
    Aquasol wrote: »
    We already have a system in place where accounts are verified by people. That part should be functioning fine, since the same settings are applied on Vindictus. So there may be an error somewhere, but I can't say that on any concrete authority as I'm not part of the tech folks.

That's news to me, good news however. The bots account information must seem human then.
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    Aquasol wrote: »
    We already have a system in place where accounts are verified by people. That part should be functioning fine, since the same settings are applied on Vindictus. So there may be an error somewhere, but I can't say that on any concrete authority as I'm not part of the tech folks.

That's news to me, good news however. The bots account information must seem human then.

It's not hard to manipulate.
    Ataraxiz
  • watercat0watercat0
    when they have free time.

Right there that is the problem, you can't just delay it, no that is not how a mod works. you either do you work like everyone else in the whole world or get fired for doing a bad job.
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 9, 2017
    Right there that is the problem, you can't just delay it, no that is not how a mod works. you either do you work like everyone else in the whole world or get fired for doing a bad job.

Dude, Mods are humans too. They need to sleep, work, eat, etc. They have a life too. Who could sit here and stare at these forums 24/7. Are you that stupid or just trolling? I can't tolerate you anymore. You are either trolling or just a legit selfish, stupid, insensitive, ignorant person who can't or doesn't want to understand others.
    Sherri
  • AquasolAquasol

Our roles are more than just "delete spam threads", so ignoring your absurd demands, we are actually doing our jobs.
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 9, 2017
    We need a cringe emoticon.
    Sherri
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    In worst case scenario, we will have to resort to plan Z! :'(

Use club penguin safety mode chats where you have to pick select phrases.
    "Hello"
    "Hi there!"
    "This Gacha is so good!"
    "I love how lag lets me take life slow"

This is the last resort plan. :S
    GretaSherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795

Keep in mind their position is called VOLUNTEER Forum Moderator, so going by the name they aren't paid positions. And unless you want to live your entire life tethered to these forums doing what you think a "mod" does, I suggest you shut your mouth about how the job should be. What you're suggesting is an on-call position as a forum moderator that also gets no pay from it and that simply doesn't exist anywhere.
    Seriously the best solution is getting new volunteers who live in different time zones who can watch forums while the continental US sleeps. Stop trying to make the current staff slaves.
    GretaSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Okay, that's enough. Just stop! The mods are not your personal servants. What point do you not get that they have their own lives?
  • watercat0watercat0
    edited August 9, 2017
    Sherri wrote: »

Okay, that's enough. Just stop! The mods are not your personal servants. What point do you not get that they have their own lives?

No they are slaves to Nexon, you guys sign something and agree to something, that in law school is a contract.
    Sherri wrote: »

No they are slaves to Nexon, you guys sign something and agree to something, that in law school is a contract.

Are they bound to it? No.
    And since when did slaves have contracts?
    Sherri
This discussion has been closed.