Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is the current gachapon worth it?

Ottilie_RosamondOttilie_Rosamond
Mabinogi Rep: 530
in General Chat
I am trying to get things that are pricey to trade or sell for my wanted items. I have $50 worth of NX- should I buy the current Summer gachapon to get expensive items? Is it worth it? I mean; does the current gacha have good items that are worth trying to pull in order to make money?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    No.
    MaiaXiokunpawcalypseSebastianSherriKokoro
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited August 9, 2017
    All gacha haz uber 50-100m+ items. The real question is do u think ur Luck game is ready 4 it. Aim 4 an icarus if U want 2 hit the 150-200m jackpot 4 this current gacha payout. ;)
    Aichann
  • Ottilie_RosamondOttilie_Rosamond
    Rhey wrote: »
    All gacha haz uber 50-100m+ items. The real question is do u think ur Luck game is ready 4 it. Aim 4 an icarus if U want 2 hit the 150-200m jackpot 4 this current gacha payout. ;)

Thank you! Are the smaller items also worth it? I am trying to get 30 mill or so. Maybe 50 to get the rest of my dream items.

And, is there maybe a thread that prices this current gacha's items?
  • Ottilie_RosamondOttilie_Rosamond
    Greta wrote: »
    No.

Maybe I should wait until the next gachapon? I just don't know when there will be one that is worth it.
  • RheyRhey
    edited August 9, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »

Thank you! Are the smaller items also worth it? I am trying to get 30 mill or so. Maybe 50 to get the rest of my dream items.

And, is there maybe a thread that prices this current gacha's items?

It's never a good idea to aim for the smaller stuff since it'll be common during the gacha lyfe cycle. So either hoard em till they become uncommon again b4 selling or Just buy more prominent cash shop items like reforges if U want a lot of gold rite now. B)

As for prices...just look around the mart and undercut them. :*
    No.

Maybe I should wait until the next gachapon? I just don't know when there will be one that is worth it.

It'll be the same with every gacha. Unless ur a whale...ur Luck game will determine if U hit the jackpot or not. Statistics has proven that only an investment of 500$ or more will be ur best bet on average. No guarantees tho. Some have spent thousands of $$$ and came out with nuthing but junk. *Incubus wings/FATE PUPPETS/ETC*

Source? Me. I've spent over $20k+ total on various gacha throughout Mabi's life span b4 to stabilize an average. :(
    AichannKokoro
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 9, 2017
    I would use that 50$ on a little better gacha or on some good sales that give 100% guaranteed items (like pet gacha, shopping bags, other useful packages). Most items in this gacha lost their worth now, except Icarus ES, Ribbon wings and few other new fashion items which are actually really rare.
  • GretaGreta
    Liyeta wrote: »
    You can buy a wife with that money XD

Waifu be like:

YZz1ZNR.gif

• RheyRhey

Waifu be like:

YZz1ZNR.gif

I would...but I hate shacking up with gold diggers tho. :'(

I prefer my romances old school. :p
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 9, 2017

or a car or an education or... well there are numerous possibilities but it's their choice right? Besides there's nothing we could list that they might not already have. If someone can drop 20k on a game they probably have other nice things

Anywho, gacha is never a good source of income if you're spending a small amount every once in a while (sorry, $50 is a small amount in the grand scheme of things compared to 20k+). If you want some fixed income you should buy/sell reforges or trade potions or enchant potions lol at 400k ea reforge, 2m per trade potion, or 3m per enchant potion the profit is about the same and fixed. Ruairi pricing of course but you get the point. You could probably make close to 4m off of 10k nx if you straight up buy things like I listed or you could make about 1m per 10k nx if you buy gacha (more or less varying on luck)
    RheyFaithrend
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    In my luck with $50, I got at least 1 to 3 desirable items which other players would buy for 2m to 20m but are crap to me. I still would not bother trying to pursue, you can get as much luck with just $10 but most likely you will get something someone else wants but not what you want.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I wouldn't buy the gacha if I was you tbh. I didn't buy it myself either but based on what others on the forums have been saying, plus my friend bought a stack of 45 and didn't get anything good, so it's definitely not worth it in my opinion.
    pawcalypse
  • GormandizeGormandize
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    Isn't a new Fashion Bag coming out? I think the bag has some cool outfits...Male Skirt.https://clips.twitch.tv/BelovedFairCobraRlyTho
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I don't think this gacha looks very good. mostly just new halos and wings. the only things I like in this gacha are the new chairs but that alone is not worth the money. we are getting new summer shopping bags after the next maintenance tomorrow so it might be better to wait until those are out and then decide.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    We're going to get another pet gatcha soon, those are great since even the worst pet can still fetch you 2-3m each. Hopefully they'll put pet trade medallions on sale too.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited August 9, 2017
    We're going to get another pet gatcha soon, those are great since even the worst pet can still fetch you 2-3m each. Hopefully they'll put pet trade medallions on sale too.

you don't know that for sure because KR got a pet gacha with music themed reskinned pets when they first got Mir dragon pet and we never got any of it. Just because KR got this new pet gacha doesn't mean we're guaranteed to get it :C
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Gachas are never worth it.
    Let the whales take care of it.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Has there been any gacha in any game that has gachas that was worth the price that it was sold for?
    Yes, they're all worth the price they're listed in.
    Remember their original worth. Just a few coins.
    1200px-Gachapon.jpg
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Honestly this gacha has some of the most worthless junk items I've seen in awhile.
    Basically unless you get one of the big items you will get a ton of garbage you would be lucky to get 1-2k gold for.

If your goal is just 30 mill as others said reforges, dye amps(not fixed, and price dependent on server), trade potions, or some other cash shop consumable are your best bet. Just look around what are the current prices, and what seems to move the fastest.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    lidiya wrote: »
    Honestly this gacha has some of the most worthless junk items I've seen in awhile.
    Basically unless you get one of the big items you will get a ton of garbage you would be lucky to get 1-2k gold for.

If your goal is just 30 mill as others said reforges, dye amps(not fixed, and price dependent on server), trade potions, or some other cash shop consumable are your best bet. Just look around what are the current prices, and what seems to move the fastest.

All the gacha lately have been pretty bad from what I've seen. The enn one was probably the worst though lol
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    It's not really a good idea to use gachapon as a source of income. You could probably say that no gachapon is ever worth it.

I say just buy a few gachapon every so often if you are in the gambling mood and have some disposable income but never expect to win the jackpot every time. You'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I agree with the posts above. Probably best to sell reforges and purchase your desired gacha item with gold.