Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Harvest Song being weird?

SenSenSenSen
Mabinogi Rep: 725
in Help
Dunno if this was mentioned at all but while mining Ore deposits in Barri, Harvest song seemed to only speed up the mining Animation and does not speed up the gathering time.
I'm not sure if this is intended as i have not tested it with other mining objects or any other gathering skills.
I am using an upgraded pick axe for gathering speed and artisan.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    That's a side effect of having an upgraded for speed item and a high rank of mining.
    Speed upgrades reduce gathering time by a flat amount of seconds.
    Harvest song lowers gathering time by a % of total gathering time.

So, Harvest song shortens the gathering time based on the new lower time, rather than still using the base gathering time's speed.
    So since the gathering time is already short due to upgrades, the boosted speed of harvest song doesn't have much of an effect.

It's especially noticeable when using a speed-upgraded gathering knife.
    Harvest song would show barely any speed improvement.

If speed of gathering is all you care for, if you have a Floral Fairy (costs NX) or the Tia pet (Festia reward), they both have the gathering speed increase summon buff, which lowers gathering time by a flat amount.
    In this case, it would be more helpful than harvest song.

Though you'll probably still want harvest song just for the bonus success rate.
  • SenSenSenSen
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    edited August 9, 2017
    I understand but with r1 mining, that would be a 4 second gather time.
    My pickaxe gives a .75 second boost.
    I may have the wrong way of calculating how harvest song works, but i think the gather time would be 2.1 seconds with a 50% harvest song. and Ive gotten an avg gather time of 3.6 seconds over 22 attempts at mining with my set up including human error. Unless Harvest and Upgrades just don't stack with each other