Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Players that went over 1k total level..

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
in General Chat
How has Mabi life changes for you? Do you have any regrets? Possibly things that you should've done before you exceed 1k?

I have stayed below 1k for around a year already now and I am planning to go over 1k this coming 2x AP weekend, because at the state I am right now, I can't really get any stronger with very limited AP. I'm feeling really nervous about it. No more rushing in combat because I have 3 nao stones ready to use anytime, no more abusing the free resets etc but most importantly, no more travelling places to places in 1 second with the moonbook..
badnewsbarrett

Comments

• JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    I was over 1k long before the newbie benefits existed, however:
    1. You won't need Nao stones so much since you'll be much stronger. If you really need you can buy Guardian Soul Stones for 6 Adventure Seals each. They work the same as Nao Soul Stones with the added benefit of making you immortal and un-stunnable for 10 seconds after use.
    2. You won't need to reset, instead just level up like crazy to get more AP. If you're worrying about your CP, that's not such a big deal since tender potions are so common. You can even buy them for 2 Saga Coupons. -CP gear is also much more common now.
    3. Players over 1k should be getting a moonlight book that charges a fee, but it is unknown what the fee will be. I don't mind riding a mount to a moongate for 5 seconds before using moongate. The main issue would be the continent warp cool-down. You should probably make sure you activate all moongates and mana tunnels to make sure you can get back to them easily.
    SherriGspinAtaraxizImaizumi
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Newebs don't know what it was like to have to do HARD MODE Generation quests.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 9, 2017
    No regrets. Mabinogi life is getting easier and easier with each mastered talent.
    pawcalypseSherriImaizumiFelice
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Nothing but blood, sweat, and tears. ;)
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Lol I'm the same way right now, though I've been under 1k for a couple years now. I think I'm currently around cumulative level 950 or so, and I don't wanna lose the Nao stones or moon book either :( But definitely do as was said above and collect all the gates/tunnels from the book before you hit 1k if you haven't already. I did it myself a while ago but I need to double check that I got them all lol.
    jjeremy wrote: »
    3. Players over 1k should be getting a moonlight book that charges a fee, but it is unknown what the fee will be. I don't mind riding a mount to a moongate for 5 seconds before using moongate. The main issue would be the continent warp cool-down. You should probably make sure you activate all moongates and mana tunnels to make sure you can get back to them easily.

I don't think we're actually getting that :( I believe it was @Gaea who said that NA isn't even allowed to address it right now.
    ShouK
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    edited August 9, 2017
    didn't they update it so even after hitting 1k you can still reset at duncan but you have to pay?

edit: yes players over 1k total have to pay to reset at Duncan and the price increases every time you do it.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I usually don't regret it, but with the giant event going on now,.. I do.. a lot... :(
    IyasenuGreta
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Almost at 3000, still fights like a newb.
    Justimeye
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Are those benefits worth it that you'd shackle yourself to a strict level cap of 1000? If they are, then by all means remain below level 1000. Though I assume that you aren't really a beginner anymore at that point.

Beginner benefits ended at level 300 when I started playing and I never even knew what they were.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Are those benefits worth it that you'd shackle yourself to a strict level cap of 1000? If they are, then by all means remain below level 1000. Though I assume that you aren't really a beginner anymore at that point.

Beginner benefits ended at level 300 when I started playing and I never even knew what they were.

Benefits ended at 100 when I played, I never bothered finding out what it did. I never cared how hard the missions were either, if a generation was that difficult for me then I would just put it on hold until I had more tools in my belt. Unless you've been using 50% of your ap on ap training (which I still think should be locked until 1k at least) the game should stop babying you at some point.
    [Deleted User]Obsim
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    When I started there were no benefits so no going over 1k didn't change much.
    One thing that did change was they did make everything way easier now.

As for free Nao stones... I have something like 100 Nao stones from events over the years clogging my inventory
    KensamaofmariKokoro[Deleted User]Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Beginner benefits ended when they took Eiry away from you at level 25.
    [Deleted User]Sherri
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    I stayed under 1k for about 2 years and just went over a couple months ago. I was very particular and made sure everything I wanted to do was done. I had 10,126 AP by the time I passed 1k. Although quite a few of the skills are now reset, I got 104 / 173 skills r1, with 64 master titles and 10 master talents. A quick checklist of what I made sure was done =

-All Talents at least Expert for Savvy Journal
    -All CP Skills r1 (and important ones like Hydra mastered)
    -All Hidden Skills received - For example, Spider Shot requires apprentice archery, tailoring, and carpentry. So it's easy to just rank them all to apprentice, get the quest, and reset and not have to worry about it.
    -All Moon Gates and Mana Tunnels registered, as you'll lose access to the Moonlight Traveler Book.
    -Make sure all alts have the Moonlight Traveler Book. Not sure if you can get it once the account goes over 1k, but it's usable by any character till they hit 1k which surprised me.
    -Your beginner Nao Stones, SM crystals, etc don't leave when you go over so you still have 3 Nao Stones if you don't use them the day you go over.
    - All Generation Questlines done. I also replayed the daily saga episode and stacked 30+ Episode 7 boxes, so that gave a decent amount of starting experience, plus you get the saga viewing coupons that can be exchanged for Nao stones.
    - Reset your skills and allocate them to the play style you want. I used the wiki's stat:AP chart and it helped a ton.

That all being said, I'm glad I went over 1k when I did. I was able to abuse the RB event a couple months ago, and have since gained about 3k levels, not including exploration. It's definitely a different play style when you're suddenly needing to gain as much experience as possible, but it's super fun and it just becomes more of an AP grind to rerank all those skills you already trained. I find that makes it a lot less stressful, as you don't have to worry about whether ranking skills will make it too hard to find enemies or not. It also leaves you available to do GM quests easier, as you're not trapped in a non-master talent for training purposes quite as often.
    ShouK
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Unless you've been using 50% of your ap on ap training (which I still think should be locked until 1k at least) the game should stop babying you at some point.

Why do you think AP training should be locked until 1k, out of curiosity?
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Beginner benefits ended when they took Eiry away from you at level 25.

I completely forgot about that (annoying) thing.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Carlize wrote: »
    I had 10,126 AP by the time I passed 1k. Although quite a few of the skills are now reset, I got 104 / 173 skills r1, with 64 master titles and 10 master talents. A quick checklist of what I made sure was done =

-All CP Skills r1 (and important ones like Hydra mastered)

- All Generation Questlines done. I also replayed the daily saga episode and stacked 30+ Episode 7 boxes, so that gave a decent amount of starting experience, plus you get the saga viewing coupons that can be exchanged for Nao stones.
    I haven't done these two things you mentioned, CP skills I haven't fully rank to R1 is taming, alchemy mastery, clay alchemy, knuckle mastery and mastering hydra. I'll probably finish clay alchemy and knuckle mastery before I go over 1k and I don't really care about taming since it's the most useless skill. For generations, I haven't done G7 and G8 yet, probably gonna skip G7 as I can't find the dang artifacts it wants.

Alchemy mastery and mastering hydra is my concern. I resetted my skills quite frequently so I didn't focus on mastering since I always reset my training. I have -1000cp gear, how much total level would be considered too high that having a raccoon cub clothes would be useless?
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    ShouK wrote: »
    I haven't done these two things you mentioned, CP skills I haven't fully rank to R1 is taming, alchemy mastery, clay alchemy, knuckle mastery and mastering hydra. I'll probably finish clay alchemy and knuckle mastery before I go over 1k and I don't really care about taming since it's the most useless skill. For generations, I haven't done G7 and G8 yet, probably gonna skip G7 as I can't find the dang artifacts it wants.

Alchemy mastery and mastering hydra is my concern. I resetted my skills quite frequently so I didn't focus on mastering since I always reset my training. I have -1000cp gear, how much total level would be considered too high that having a raccoon cub clothes would be useless?

It seems like you got the important gens out of the way, so I wouldn't worry much about doing 7 and 8 before 1k since neither give any beneficial skills or anything. Also while taming has CP requirements, you can rank up the skill just using the other requirements, like specifically killing hippos. So that I wouldn't consider that a CP skill.

If you only have a couple CP skills left, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Just prioritize it once you go over 1k. The kitchen dungeon is a great source of awful/boss monsters depending on your CP, and is great for training Hydra just due to their spawn patterns, and otherwise there's always shadow missions. It's hard to say a total that would make it difficult, as it depends more on your CP. If you are finding that you're having trouble even with the raccoon cub, there's tendering potions and other CP gear you could get as well. I used the raccoon cub along with headgear, footwear, and gloves that gave -200 CP each, so it was pretty easy to find a mixture that worked. I did rank Dance of Death after I went over 1k, since I went over before it came out, and didn't have too much trouble, I just had to use SM mobs instead of overworld monsters.
    ShouK
  • ForgetmenotForgetmenot
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    Before I went over 1k I never really bothered using the book. I was more worried about having to walk everywhere if my two only mounts ran out of time. Besides :) I wanted to become stronger so Senpai could work a little less~ No regrets here! You just get used to it after a while.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Carlize wrote: »
    ShouK wrote: »

It seems like you got the important gens out of the way, so I wouldn't worry much about doing 7 and 8 before 1k since neither give any beneficial skills or anything. Also while taming has CP requirements, you can rank up the skill just using the other requirements, like specifically killing hippos. So that I wouldn't consider that a CP skill.

If you only have a couple CP skills left, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Just prioritize it once you go over 1k. The kitchen dungeon is a great source of awful/boss monsters depending on your CP, and is great for training Hydra just due to their spawn patterns, and otherwise there's always shadow missions. It's hard to say a total that would make it difficult, as it depends more on your CP. If you are finding that you're having trouble even with the raccoon cub, there's tendering potions and other CP gear you could get as well. I used the raccoon cub along with headgear, footwear, and gloves that gave -200 CP each, so it was pretty easy to find a mixture that worked. I did rank Dance of Death after I went over 1k, since I went over before it came out, and didn't have too much trouble, I just had to use SM mobs instead of overworld monsters.

If u haven't finish g8 yet make sure u Don't kill Crumena...EVER till U r1+master meteor. Best mage title in the game and trust me...RAIDs is the only other options if U wanna master this title. U WILL HATE URSELF 4 LYFE if u don't have spare alts+xtra comp that can spawn g8 Crumena.

Thankfully I did.

7101571.gif
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I was past 1000 total levels before free rebirths, let alone newbie benefits, so it's never mattered to me at all.
    [Deleted User]