Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

If You Could Change Yer Race, Would Ja?

Comments

• JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited August 9, 2017
    Why would I want to become a tiny human? Or a filthy elf? Humans are just so tiny. Don't their mother's feed them? And elves are dirty. They live in a dessert. Where are they going to get the water to properly bath regularly?

Hmph. If being a giant means being like you, I choose to remain human.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I would probably change to elf to try archery but since I don't live in nexon's headquarters, I'm staying human. I like my final hit and crks.
    JoeyDee9
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 9, 2017
    If my gear changed with me I wouldn't mind trying either race to be completely honest (currently human). However, I wouldn't want to remake my weapons or gear which would be the real setback. I think I would choose giant>elf though.

Since I know I wouldn't be able to use my gear though I wouldn't want to change to either. Instead, I vote pickle.
    pickle-rick-kicks-ass.gif
    Sherri
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Yes for now, probably still yes when the elf revamp hits. I still wanna be a human instead right now.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited August 9, 2017
    Blueberry Pie

Reference
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Kensamaofmari
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Why would I want to become a tiny human? Or a filthy elf? Humans are just so tiny. Don't their mother's feed them? And elves are dirty. They live in a dessert. Where are they going to get the water to properly bath regularly?

We all go to our local oasis.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    I'm an elf! totally gonna stay an elf cuz elves are the best! ^^
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Granted I started when Human was the only race to pick from and there was no choice, I would never change.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited August 9, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

Wth dude. Don't be rude for no reason.

e31.jpg

Option A: Sarcasm
    Option B: Take it seriously
    Option C: Doesn't matter, humans still dominant race
    Option D : Respond with Fire and Fury like the world has never seen before.
    SaiSherriSphyra21GretaXiokun
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Can I please change into an elf for mad magnum deeps.
  • Naomii66Naomii66
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,770
    .......tbh its hard to choose. I love my elf's speed and its tiny buffs in magic T_T
    but I'm just;; -stares at final hit and duelwielding longingly- human pls
    I would start anew on a human but too tedious lolol
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I wouldn't change races, but that's just because I've got characters of all three races. It's fun to mix it up and switch gears every once in a while, and each race provides its own perks and challenges. You want a bit of a boost to magic in the early game or to play a warrior with an initial handicap in strength? Play an elf. You want to do really good melee damage early on or play a mage with an initial intelligence handicap? Play a giant. If you want no handicaps, no special advantages, but you do want to dual wield swords? Play a human. And each of my characters has started out with a different talent, I'm growing them in different ways, and I've got different playstyles for each, so it's a really satisfying experience.
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    Nope-a-dope-dope. I already have one of each (well two Humans now) race, so I've experienced all sides of the coin.
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Wow, no one gets sarcasm on these forums? I thought people who played the game and thus came to these forums knew that the Giants and Elves hate each other in game lore so they could take a joke. I guess not.
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    edited August 9, 2017
    Wow, no one gets sarcasm on these forums? I thought people who played the game and thus came to these forums knew that the Giants and Elves hate each other in game lore so they could take a joke. I guess not.

To be fair, there was this one scumbag from YEARS ago that would never. shut. up. on how great and glorious the Giants were, and how worthless he considered the other races, and I'm honestly glad he's gone. And he was super serious about it too; not an ounce of sarcasm like you were trying to convey. Tried to pass his meaningless opinions off as 'facts'. I mean, I like Giants as much as the next person but he was like one of those bible-thumping ninnies you just want to give one good biff because they don't know when to step off.

Not only that, as far as the game's come, the little squabble between the two races seems to be all but gone. The NPCs are chill about it; seems like only the players want to remember it. And Maike. I don't like Maike. Only elf NPC with a bug up his bum.
  • KageitoKageito
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I'd go from Human to Giant, simply because I've always wanted to main a Giant, but lack the willpower to redo everything I've already ranked. xD
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited August 9, 2017
    If giants got FH, or at least all outfits updated so giants could wear them(I have quite a few that are elf, or human only) I'd be tempted to race change my main to a giant as I do find my giant a bit fun, and I like how the giant model looks. But as is nope.

Hmm maybe they could just update the human model to look better...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    lidiya wrote: »
    If giants got FH, or at least all outfits updated so giants could wear them(I have quite a few that are elf, or human only) I'd be tempted to race change my main to a giant as I do find my giant a bit fun, and I like how the giant model looks. But as is nope.

Hmm maybe they could just update the human model to look better...

Giants already have Final Stomp and Final Wind Guard now. It's now spammable and it's op as hell.

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

If the world only thought that way...
    Kim-Jong-Un-LaughingClappings.gif
    Sherri
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Nah.
This discussion has been closed.