Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Change Pummel to not use F2 key

KadalynKadalyn
Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
in Feedback and Suggestions
Not everyone has an F2 key anymore so it's really, really annoying. Really, the skill should expect you to reuse the skill multiple times instead of pressing a specific key, that way you can just keep pressing whatever hotkey you set it to.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 10, 2017
    Kadalyn wrote: »
    Not everyone has an F2 key anymore so it's really, really annoying. Really, the skill should expect you to reuse the skill multiple times instead of pressing a specific key, that way you can just keep pressing whatever hotkey you set it to.

Wait, what? How? I'm pretty sure most keyboards still come with F1-F12 keys. Except phone ones probably.

• AlaelorAlaelor
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    Yeah most if not all keyboards come with F1-12 this hasn't changed... Except for phone and console keyboards. Which if your playing a computer game and have to use one of them you would be better off getting a new keyboard. I also doubt they would change the key now considering how long fighter has been out, though I find the key to be annoying to use. Back when I used my laptop i had to hold a function key to even use f1-12 normally or else it'd turn off my wifi.
    greGakkuriaqua
  • gregre
    Mabinogi Rep: 865
    As a fighter i need this to change, i never get that extra hit in because of my laptop is tied to my brightness key
    i was trying to look for something in the menu hotkeys setting if they had one, though i am lazy so i just skimmed it. i don't know if they actually have it
  • FalskullFalskull
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
    in order to fix the Fn key issue with mabi you have to go into your bios and disable Action Key mode which will allow you to play mabi normally with the use-age of the Function keys and then for you to be able ot use the volume brightness etc you would then have to hold Fn+f1-f12 to use the other settings of the function keys. The Action Key Mode Enabled isnt all that useful for Gaming so its suggested to disable it through the Bios.
    https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c02035108
    for Hp computers
    https://www.howtogeek.com/235351/how-to-choose-whether-your-function-keys-are-f1-f12-keys-or-special-keys/
    this for others
    Greta
  • KadalynKadalyn
    By "don't have" I meant "hidden behind Fn" yeah. You can change it but it's not worth doing for one game, I use my laptop for other things and I like the keys as they are. I don't need my function keys except for this, because I am able to set up my mabi hotkeys around the limitation just fine. Hardcoding something like this is a bad design decision in the first place so workarounds will remain workarounds (and not be solutions).
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 10, 2017
    This game does require a lot of accommodations such as not updating your drivers or otherwise messing around with your computer lol it's gotten a little better over the years (used to have numerous problems myself in the early years) but it's still pretty bothersome and buggy. I still get crashes, lose sound, and have other problems. I'm sure part of the problem is how old the game is and it's just not built to run on newer rigs, laptops, or anything else.

OT. I wish they'd make it so you can hotkey anything to anywhere considering how many skills and actions there are I'd love to slap some on other keys. I use a gaming pad and a mouse with keys on it which I'd love to be able to utilize in different ways but I'm pretty restricted as to what I can put on them because of the way the mabinogi key-structure is (such as limited to f1 to f12 and 1 to =)
  • KadalynKadalyn
    You can set hotkeys to your skill tabs, which is what I use so that I may not use F-keys. My pummel key is D and I would like to be able to just keep hitting D for the extra hit. It makes the most sense in a pretty glaringly obvious way.