Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Players that went over 1k total level..

Comments

• GspinGspin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    [quote="ShouK;7879"No more rushing in combat because I have 3 nao stones ready to use anytime[/quote]

How I see it, if I'm in a position where I get knocked down, I probably can't handle that situation. I solo pretty often though. It's kinda like growing up in general. You don't want to be as wasteful, probably opens up more opportunities too. I don't want to get knocked unconsious because it damages my dura and I need to use more Holy Water. I'd rather spam potions than get knocked out.

I'm not really resetting my skills all the time either. I know my play style, have several characters as I've been here for years too. I guess the training events is a drag if you want to maximize on that, but do you really need to do everything?

Like I said, it's a lot like growing up in a way. It's how the game is meant to be played. Welcome to the big-league ; )
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    We old folks learn to sink or swim by ourselves with no help from Nexon while under a p2w system way more severe than what we have now. We survived. So don't worry bout it. Take the leap.
    [Deleted User]TheNyanCatNekoLily
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Unless you've been using 50% of your ap on ap training (which I still think should be locked until 1k at least) the game should stop babying you at some point.

Why do you think AP training should be locked until 1k, out of curiosity?

It was somewhat answered in the post but I'll elaborate.

Biggest one being is that most of your early strength comes from the skills you upgrade with the very limited amount of ap you get, ap is still a very precious resource even now. I don't care if we're basically on a permanent 3x ap event or if you can get like 150 free ap by ranking production mastery to like rA, you need ap to progress your character and if you're spending it on ap training you're going to end up much weaker than you should be.

Second reason being is because a legitimate newbie will not know this and may carelessly spend a lot of their starting ap on it and the worst part is they won't be able to get it back, unlike with putting it into a skills they don't want you can never recover spent ap from ap training. If there was a way to screw up your character ap training would be the way to go, you could seriously end up with the power of a ttl 500 at level 1k if a newbie ap trains and resets to train other talents with beginner benefits without knowing that you don't recover ap from ap training. Ap training was meant to be a way for high level players to rank up tedious skills they just don't plain touch but are sitting on literally thousands of ap.
    Kokoro
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    ShouK wrote: »
    How has Mabi life changes for you? Do you have any regrets? Possibly things that you should've done before you exceed 1k?

I have stayed below 1k for around a year already now and I am planning to go over 1k this coming 2x AP weekend, because at the state I am right now, I can't really get any stronger with very limited AP. I'm feeling really nervous about it. No more rushing in combat because I have 3 nao stones ready to use anytime, no more abusing the free resets etc but most importantly, no more travelling places to places in 1 second with the moonbook..

I've gotten better at the game by using skills that I didn't really use before, like Bash and Mana Shield. I snagged all of the moon gates before I went over, so that was no issue.

I don't really miss anything from being under 1k. I'm over 5k now and I'm a lot stronger than I used to be. It's easier to be completely honest with you.

As long as you utilize all of your skills, make friends who are willing to help, and have people behind you, you should be fine. And friends aren't always needed but they're nice to have. I'll even add you in case of questions or if I can help :3

Ataraxiz of Mari
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    So I went over 1k today...this really needs some getting used to. I have a habit of opening my ME inventory when I'm going from places to places before realizing that I need to use the moon gate. Had to hover my mouse at every circle on the map because I don't know which is which.And then there's the continent warp cooldown thing. Looks like I need to hoard goddess wings o-o

Spamming for levels in SM is really slow, so I went to MA but finding parties are really annoying at times, as some people set minimum cumulative level requirement. I may not deal 12134324k damage like old players but I can hold my own and pretty sure I contribute as much or more than players whose total levels higher than me.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    ShouK wrote: »
    So I went over 1k today...this really needs some getting used to. I have a habit of opening my ME inventory when I'm going from places to places before realizing that I need to use the moon gate. Had to hover my mouse at every circle on the map because I don't know which is which.And then there's the continent warp cooldown thing. Looks like I need to hoard goddess wings o-o

Spamming for levels in SM is really slow, so I went to MA but finding parties are really annoying at times, as some people set minimum cumulative level requirement. I may not deal 12134324k damage like old players but I can hold my own and pretty sure I contribute as much or more than players whose total levels higher than me.

What server are you on? My guild is hosting MA spam tonight, I can get you in. We're on Mari.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Oh it looks like you're Alexina .n. Now I is sad.

You can still find a solution by joining the Official Unofficial Mabi Server on Discord. You can ask people in your designated server for help.

https://discord.gg/2MEgHK

Click here, type "!alexina" in the role request area, and then you can talk to those in your server via general-alexina chat. I recommend this for your situation! I hope this helps c: