Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Surprised there is no mass inflation over this yet

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
in General Chat
> Triggers Palalan Huge lucky
> Look 4 biggest baddest Ancient Mob on Scathes Beach
>Make it rain

giphy.gif

Sure not by one person but if an entire server uses their palalan twice a day...We'd need a new gold sink.

08648a5b2635f423523fb148db9f7a39.gif

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I'd rather use it on dye bottles or white crystals
    courtneyy
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    20k gold dropped is the cap either way right? Doesn't seem that op lol
    SherriGretaTheNyanCat
  • RheyRhey
    Maia wrote: »
    20k gold dropped is the cap either way right? Doesn't seem that op lol

Or gold-tailed mongoose...Those break the lucky gold cap. :*
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I've triggered that effect 3 times so far.

And it hasn't worked a single time.

I'm pretty sure a Huge Lucky is supposed to force a gold drop, and I was killing shadow mission bosses two of those 3 times!
    Huge Lucky!!
    0 Gold!

That's why there's no mass inflation over this effect.

Just mass inflation from a lot of other sources.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited July 29, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »

Same. I'd rather use it on dye bottles anyway.

Besides, if anybody wants some mass inflation, just visit the Mari server. :)
    [Deleted User]TheNyanCatcourtneyyAtaraxiz
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    What I think it does is it guarantees you a huge lucky if the monster dropped gold for you but I don't really know.

I tried it once when I was gathering dyes and didn't get a huge lucky so maybe it's only for gold and not for gathers?
  • ApologistApologist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    Kokoro wrote: »
    What I think it does is it guarantees you a huge lucky if the monster dropped gold for you but I don't really know.

I tried it once when I was gathering dyes and didn't get a huge lucky so maybe it's only for gold and not for gathers?

It applies the huge lucky rate IF the mob dropped gold when u killed it with this active.
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I'm pretty sure a Huge Lucky is supposed to force a gold drop, and I was killing shadow mission bosses two of those 3 times!
    Huge Lucky!!
    0 Gold!

It must drop gold on those particular kill or else it'll trigger the message but be wasted cuz nuthing to apply it too. I'd recommend doing an aoe kill when U trigger it.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Apologist wrote: »
    Kokoro wrote: »

It applies the huge lucky rate IF the mob dropped gold when u killed it with this active.

Huge Lucky!!
    0 Gold!

It must drop gold on those particular kill or else it'll trigger the message but be wasted cuz nuthing to apply it too. I'd recommend doing an aoe kill when U trigger it.

I'm pretty sure the effect is just not working correctly.

I mean, it triggers on gathers, too.
    And even if it's a guaranteed drop, like sheep-shearing, or gathering from Dye Wells, it'll say "Huge Lucky Bonus" and there won't be any extra 20 anythings from it.

Probably need to record the thing happening and file a bug report, or something.
    If I get the chance, I'll do that and do an AoE like fireball in someplace like Other Alch.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Everytime I get the Huge Lucky effect, I always get 20 from gathering.

Never tried on gold, but the variation is too derped for me to bother.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    TNinja wrote: »

Ehhh?

I tried once on the sheep outside emain and all the bells and whistles happened to signify a huge lucky but I still only got 2 wool. (gathering with partner)
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited July 29, 2017
    Well then I don't know. Maybe you're the chosen one.

Now to be fair, I only used the skill on Alpaca and mushroom harvesting.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I always have the issue of using the skill, hoping I get something like combat exp or lucky boost.
    Past three times have been potion buff.
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 30, 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    if anybody wants some mass inflation, just visit the Mari server. :)

Mari haz 2 many fashionistas. Every shop is just loaded with fashionogi stuff and not very much battlenogi stuff. Lots of rich(IRL) people on Mari are hoarders so collabz collectors gudz+Latest purty trendy outfits are uber hard to find or veeeeeeeery expensive.(10-20m-ish or up to 100m+) I hope Ur not confusing that for inflations.(Dem high price tag) :o
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    I finally got the huge lucky effect from Palalan Embrace. Nothin' dropped and despite it sayin' the effects would last 22 minutes but it disappeared right after the "huge lucky" I got on a shadow lancer (which dropped nothin'). Is it supposed to end just like that?
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    I finally got the huge lucky effect from Palalan Embrace. Nothin' dropped and despite it sayin' the effects would last 22 minutes but it disappeared right after the "huge lucky" I got on a shadow lancer (which dropped nothin'). Is it supposed to end just like that?

That's only IF monster was supposed to drop gold. It's not like monster always drop gold so you just got 0 gold x huge lucky bonus = 0 gold
  • ShireAccel913ShireAccel913
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    I try that everyday against cave sahagin monsters hoping get a huge drop of shiny leathers :v
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I try that everyday against cave sahagin monsters hoping get a huge drop of shiny leathers :v

I'm sure it only works with gold since you cant get lucky gathers of drops normally. Imagine a huge lucky finish of beholder shields or something lol your best bet really is to use it on some material gathering that you might need since you know that'll drop something.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited August 11, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Sphyra21 wrote: »

That's only IF monster was supposed to drop gold. It's not like monster always drop gold so you just got 0 gold x huge lucky bonus = 0 gold

I understood that already because that something that's been happenin' since BEFORE Palalan Embrace was implemented.
    My question is: does the effect only last for 1 gather/finish or is it supposed to continually happen for the full 22min?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    TNinja wrote: »

Ehhh?

I tried once on the sheep outside emain and all the bells and whistles happened to signify a huge lucky but I still only got 2 wool. (gathering with partner)

Huge luckies are supposed to be 20 drops anything shaped as mabi's emblem.
    pawcalypse
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    Sherri wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »

Same. I'd rather use it on dye bottles anyway.

Besides, if anybody wants some mass inflation, just visit the Mari server. :)

100% True