Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fix Capture Watermelon Event

Comments

• TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    edited August 11, 2017
    To sum up, if I wanted to participate, I'd need to:
    1. wake up at 4 am
    2. click like crazy for 30 minutes (room mates sure would appreciate that)
    3. fight not only the other team but also the unfair conditions like running speed and style tab camouflage
    And after all that I could get a straw hat or nothing at all.

I've seen many events in this game. Some were great, some not so much. But this one is probably the worst one so far. Even Caravan Joe Town was way better than this.
    Greta
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Do we choose which team we join?
    If so on market channel we can just all agree to join one team to get a guaranteed win box.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Noo don't nerf elves. We picked to play as an elf for a reason.
    Greta wrote: »
    Straw Hat... An Old Straw Hat. Yes. Now i can be a freaking Luffy i guess? !

Well

I know what I want from the event :D
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited August 11, 2017
    jjeremy wrote: »
    If so on market channel we can just all agree to join one team to get a guaranteed win box.

yes you can join one team as you choose, but I think it can only go 4 over the other team like for the 1st no one joined the red team only 4 ppl could join the blue one as someone said the game said the team was full when they tried. So we thought it was 4V4 only and next game 3 ppl joined the red team, and 7 were able to join the blue.
  • SherriSherri
    edited August 11, 2017
    lidiya wrote: »
    jjeremy wrote: »

yes you can join one team as you choose, but I think it can only go 4 over the other team like for the 1st no one joined the red team only 4 ppl could join the blue one as someone said the game said the team was full when they tried. So we thought it was 4V4 only and next game 3 ppl joined the red team, and 7 were able to join the blue.

Now that is what needs to be fixed.

On another 'Fix CTW' thread I posted my story of how my friend and I did on a dead channel at 1 in the morning. At first it was 4 (Blue) Vs. 0 (Red), but the last ten minutes, two people joined red and rage quit over us playing 'unfairly'. Those idiots shouldn't of even joined tbh. They knew that they wouldn't win and yet they still raged like children. Sheesh, it's just a game anyway. 9dnGeIh.png

But all of this would of been avoided if there was a better limit of people per team. Maybe delay the game a bit until both teams get an even amount of players? After a while the game would either automatically start anyway? It would give people a better chance to get to the event.
    Or just cancel that CTW round if team amounts aren't (close to being?) even, which I think is the worst approach.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I'd rather have a capture the flag event with the titles than this event.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Opalthira wrote: »

I rather have Whack-A-Watermelon event.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira

I had to wait like two weeks just to do that event.
    cause there were people on every channel with boost mounts and i didn't have any boost mounts.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri

I had to wait like two weeks just to do that event.
    cause there were people on every channel with boost mounts and i didn't have any boost mounts.

Why I hate First Come, First Served style events. Often people camped the beaches for stuff, just to throw it all out.

And the fact that the outfits weren't in the dressing room or allowed on pets.. aND THEY STILL ARE LIKE THIS TODAY

DJT0uhF.gif

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 11, 2017
    Well i didn't have such problems, maybe first 3 days or so... But since the event was active for whole 3 weeks if not more, people had plenty of time to try and farm them. Not only we had multiple spawn times but we also had two spawn locations: Longa Desert beach and Port Qilla beach. Longa beach was usually empty, but i think it had less watermelons in there. We also have 7 channels to switch around. By the way, remember that Ruyuefeixue's Butterfly Fan? Yeah, that very rare item which is obtainable only in Barri Normal end chest. You needed a broken fan part and a repair kit which were both really rare and create it with Handicraft skill. It used to cost around 10m+ gold in Alexina. Lol, yup... After that event, they weren't even worth a darn 500k gold loooool. I'm glad this happened.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Well i didn't have such problems, maybe first 3 days or so... But since the event was active for whole 3 weeks if not more, people had plenty of time to try and farm them. Not only we had multiple spawn times but we also had two spawn locations: Longa Desert beach and Port Qilla beach. Longa beach was usually empty, but i think it had less watermelons in there. We also have 7 channels to switch around. By the way, remember that Ruyuefeixue's Butterfly Fan? Yeah, that very rare item which is obtainable only in Barri Normal end chest. You needed a broken fan part and a repair kit which were both really rare and create it with Handicraft skill. It used to cost around 10m+ gold in Alexina. Lol, yup... After that event, they weren't even worth a darn 500k gold loooool. I'm glad this happened.

Its just like the autumn field hats. They were from a really old event and were selling for 15mil the day before the fishing event came out.
    I wonder why.
  • LucardLucard
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    Sad thing is I doubt there is going be any changes to this super unfair unbalanced event. If they made it everyone on the losing team got box instead of just random members get a box and some don't, and let the winning team get 2 boxes as an incentive to try to win. Then it would help balance the huge time you have to waste 30 mins and waiting to each match as well as afk people causing one's team to lose. Who wants to waste 30 mins to lose cause of this imbalance pvp event to get nothing.
    Sherri
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    well I just wasted 30 minutes on a team I was forced onto because the other team was full. this team lost by over 300 points and even though I got 5 points I didn't get a box. Yeah.... such a good event

giphy.gif
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    I got 22 points got no box.
    Get 15 points gets box
    Lost both times.
    Honestly its just an event to waste time and hope you get a box.
    They should have made it everyone gets a box regardless theres no point in doing this event.

Plus everybody keeps camping or hitting me but everyone on my team just lets them runs past :L
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    It is as if this event was crafted to be the most unfun event ever designed by the human mind.
  • ForgetmenotForgetmenot
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    edited August 11, 2017
    :( Saw two players constantly being frozen by 7 others when trying to grab the melons. So I decided to help! They couldn't handle all 8 of us.
    Greta
  • gregre
    Mabinogi Rep: 865
    i hate how everyone just joins blue because its closer to the moongate, I've been sticking with red since day one and we won AT LEAST 4 times this event, the rest is blue, the color blue is now on my hate list, elves are too fast, even with the music buffs they are unstoppable, i wasn't able to score once because all i do is defend, they should add something for defending teams give us a point every 5 minutes or something SOMETHING
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    So I decided to help! They couldn't handle all 8 of us.

This is actually the "fix" for this event - if you can't beat em, join em.

I only wish they'd hold it throughout the whole day so I can play Blue Team Wins during the weekdays too.

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited August 12, 2017
    Blue is the cooler color XD.

And people whining about elf speed is kind of annoyin'. There's an event goin' on right now that's Giant only, it's nice havin' an event where bein' an elf has the advantage. Besides you can just play the event on your elf if you're so salty about unfair speeds. Also things like Wave Sweeper and Fleet Feet make the speed argument invalid anyway. I myself have neither.

But I do agree that this event wasn't very well thought out. I'd like it if the following changes were made:
    - All members of both teams get a prize with members of the winning team receiving 2 boxes instead of 1.
    - Only team members who have scored 5 or more points for their team can receive a prize box.
    - At 10 min to match end, no new players may join.
    - Style Tab should be disabled (not that I really care about this part but so many people are whining about it. I have no problem tellin' what team people are on)
    - As far as speed goes just disable March Song, Wave Sweeper and Fleet Feet. I see no real reason to reduce elf/giant speed other than to appease salty humans lol
    - And let the event go on all day for cryin' in a bucket! this narrow time window is really silly

Yes, yes I realize I've stepped on some elf-basher toes, but oh well an elf can only take so much ;P
    SherriVitula
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I am glad the rewards are not worth my time to suffer from Nexon's idea of fun,

they think its fun on paper but when you really get into action? its just....blasphemy to the name of "Event"

I should look at every "Event" as a battlefield between Nexon and You.

they should just strict everyone of buffs, pets, clothing, and only force characters to use basic skills.

I don't care about the race benefits, be an elf if you want speed for what i care. Making it a "Complete" unfair event is no event at all but a spit to our face saying "Here is your event my money tree, enjoy." The event speaks for it self.