Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

100% Repair Is Virtually Useless

Comments

• ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited July 23, 2017
    Managing your budget is a thing. If you're going to use absolute end game gear for a hm or elite mission then expect to pay the cost.

The way I see it you have to pay quite a bit for the marginal power gain of end game gear so that you don't just use it 24/7. Save it for important and actually hard stuff.

The way the game is designed right now I can just bash 98% of the combat content to death with gathering knives no problem. Save your CRKs for stuff where shaving a few seconds off of killing something will save your life.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited July 23, 2017
    People just can't satisfy. If you don't like, just repair with 90~98% repair rate ones.

1. Use melody step all the time to save your durability.
    2. If you are human, try not to spam bash.
    3. Sometimes it's much better to repair with Ferghus Durability Hammer (if you have) to repair x3, x5 repair fee weapons fully. (Use weapon till durability becomes like 0) ; only for durability less than 20
    4. If you can't afford expensive repair fee, stop using expensive weapons that don't suit you. No one really asked to use end game weapons that you cannot handle or afford. (Usually happens when you earn gold in cheap way during low level)
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Or stock up on HWs and stick to repairing 1 point at a time.
    Sherri
  • haegolhaegol
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    even though it might seem that way to you Id say it is more helpful that way so as many others have said you wont have to worry about losing your items or constant worry about any NPC that will break them some probably dont bother to do much of anything within mabi until there is a 100% repair event so they can run to the Weapon Breaker for 100% repairs only during events yes it will be more expensive which is how its supposed to be designed since you're repairing all items at once depending on which type you can still do the casual repair that has always going on within mabi either NPCs repair only so much or they break the item >~<;; (Been there had hopes too high whoops LOL) but with a lot i do agree with him on how this is much better add on to mabi
  • TheTakaTheTaka
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    They should make it way cheaper to repair instruments.... :C
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    SirRyu wrote: »
    Just gotta be more careful about using those repair cost multiplying enchants if you want to use 100% repair

that would be great, but certain items like CRKs are completely unsustainable at 100% repair. 35k/point base cost is outrageous.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    For some people who can't gach and have a hard time making money, I can see why this would hurt anyone, especially for rare items. However, for those people who make endless amounts off of gachas and rare materials, this will actually make it easier for them to repair because they can afford the repair.

It's good for some things and some people. Maybe on that item that has 1 total dura left and you'd like to keep it alive. However, if a repair fee becomes too difficult at any point, I suggest finding an item that's close too it but cheaper to repair and using it to make the money to repair the other item.

May not be as convenient as we'd like, but it works. It's always nice to have something to fall back on!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Blortad wrote: »
    Thats missing the brand new 100% repair that came out yesterday, which is, in fact, roughly 35k per point for CRK's. I agree with this completely, Nexon has a strange definition of "slightly more expensive". I assure you, twice the price is exactly zero peoples definition of "slightly more expensive".

Also, whats the point in having an awesome, powerful, expensive weapon if you have to use other weapons on everything you fight just to avoid going broke?

Exactly!
    Especially if you have to fight powerful monsters and you need the better weapons.
    Then when that's over, pay an arm and a leg just to repair items, costing more than what you got out of what you fought/ran.
    Like;
    I could run a 'revamped' dungeon or whatever Nexon calls it.
    Honestly, the enemies are just given more health/def. The combat power is broken to all hell.
    Any dungeon + very common item dropped, not even a hard pass...can't even one shot a spider with water cannon.
    Even if I had my reforged/enchanted and practically worshiped cylinder.
    Not to mention, not even a quarter in, my cylinder loses two durability, costing me 12k per point. Pffft blessed? Funny.
    My options would be to switch to a new weapon or keep going;
    do less damage and make the dungeon even more difficult OR keep going and watch my cylinder fall apart, costing me more than what I get in that dungeon. Not even counting any other weapon/armor I've used that needs repairs.

It's worse for my friend who has to use Celtic Royal Knight swords just to deal decent damage to enemies nowadays in missions/dungeons. :(
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    It's way too easy for humans to not use ANY durability at all. Final hit uses no durability and with reforges, you can just alternate b/t final hit and WOTG, which also doesn't use any durability. Like others have said there are ways to reduce durability use like melody step, blessings, VIP.
    There are also ways to reduce repair costs, like engineer enchant, etc...

• SherriSherri
    edited July 29, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    ~ and the moral of the story is.....

Don't have a baby (or dedicate yourself to something) you cannot afford. :D

If only it was that simple.
    Ellisya wrote: »
    4. If you can't afford expensive repair fee, stop using expensive weapons that don't suit you. No one really asked to use end game weapons that you cannot handle or afford. (Usually happens when you earn gold in cheap way during low level)

Nowadays, the game is getting to the point where you have to use that overpowered weapon or you will be a lot weaker and at a huge disadvantage. I have to use my expensive stuff in order to actually do anything. xD
    Especially since I'm an elf. Without my guard cylinder,.. *shivers*

What? Buy better armor? You mean pay more to repair and lose even more money ? k
    TheTaka wrote: »
    They should make it way cheaper to repair instruments.... :C

I agree. Piano is so expensive. :( SOS send help
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    The CRK is like. Top of the line swords. If you bring that thing into anything but phantasm or Abyss run, then that's on you.

Sure, Phantasm doesn't earn you enough gold, let alone for repair, but you don't go there for gold anyway. You go there to get the next top of the line gears. (Which can possibly give you more than enough gold anyway I guess?)

The point is, be smart about your weapon of choice and maintenance. Honestly, you want them to remove the 100% repair option alltogether?
  • CscrimsonCscrimson
    Mabinogi Rep: 670
    You need to make some items for grinding gold that are specifically low cost to repair at 100%. Also consider using the Engineer's enchant as well as Camellia Tree enchant. These will reduce your repair costs by 72%. I my self am a giant and i have a pair of war-hammers i use for speed running shadow missions. I can 2-3 hit everything without crits (Excluding bosses).
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    The 100% repair update made me constantly repairing my weapons as I don't think there will be any 100% repair event after this. My CRKs cost x5 more to 100% repair..so I started to use daggers and gathering knife (when my daggers break in the middle) in dungeons where I usually use my CRK (like AAHM) for bashing. I only use my CRK for final hit and maybe for bashing on boss but using it sparingly. Guess what.. I can cope just fine. Like some people said, as long as you manage on when to use your expensive gear, you'll be just fine.

100% repair is a blessing to repair my beginner weapons and fashionogi stuff without worrying that they will break. I didnt go naked everytime my style tab expires now.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited August 10, 2017
    lceCream wrote: »
    It's way too easy for humans to not use ANY durability at all. Final hit uses no durability and with reforges, you can just alternate b/t final hit and WOTG, which also doesn't use any durability. Like others have said there are ways to reduce durability use like melody step, blessings, VIP.
    There are also ways to reduce repair costs, like engineer enchant, etc...

yeah too bad not all of us are HUMANS. As a giant.... every time someone invites me to phantasm my instinct is to instantly say "HELL NO" ....and the main reason is because of all the dura I lose and repair cost, and never getting any decent drops at the end to make it worthwhile. Alby adv HM is more worth running than Phantasm

all these humans talking about just FH spamming to save dura are making me feel sick right about now. I guess it's ok when you're walking down easy street
    SherriDanievictria
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Nah I just don't use it. This feature was not implemented for me. It's for those people who have too much money. Literally - its whole purpose is to be a gold sink for those people who botted and gached their way to billions and have no idea what to do with all their money so they overbid on every shiny new thing on the market and ruin the prices for everyone else.

If you are not one of those people, 100% repairs are not for you either. Let them eat their weapon costs and you pick an option you can afford.
    GretaSherri
  • SizeplaySizeplay
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    edited August 12, 2017
    imgur.com/a/kA0j8
    > People don't think this 100% repair thing is insane
    Danievictria
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    You can also do x3 Alban Basic for a chance at getting some 100% free repair kits.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Eralea wrote: »
    Nah I just don't use it. This feature was not implemented for me. It's for those people who have too much money. Literally - its whole purpose is to be a gold sink for those people who botted and gached their way to billions and have no idea what to do with all their money so they overbid on every shiny new thing on the market and ruin the prices for everyone else.

If you are not one of those people, 100% repairs are not for you either. Let them eat their weapon costs and you pick an option you can afford.

Yep, that is exactly what it is.

(At this point, I go off on a rant, don't take offense to any of it, not towards you or anybody else. x_x It's me. I occasionally gotta get stuff off my chest.)

Last night, this ignorant woman was claiming that 'it was easy to get gold' and 'the only people who need to save gold are greedy'.
    It's amazing how incredibly ignorant people can be.
    As of now, I have 2m in my bank. It took a long time to get. A majority of it was from running SMs with my friend, who needed gold herself to get grandmaster.
    It's not easy to get money unless you spend 90% of your paycheck on gachas.
    Besides, I don't even have a job. I ask my mother for some money if I want a pet or use any birthday money I get. Not kidding. :c
    Danievictria
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    @Sherri - Have you tried hunting Black Leopards in Zardine?
  • CometRiderCometRider
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    Though I'm new to the game, it seems to me and similiar newbies that it would be much clearer for the game to state how the _percent performance_ of a certain weapon declines with durability to keep newbies from guessing just how bad their weapon is hurting and so going broke chasing ideal 100% repair/performance. I think people could feel more confident (and richer using Fomor weapons as well) knowing that they could fight nearly as well at a decline of 75% weapon durability/performance without taking a hit at never recovering a 95-100% repair, but as far as I could see right now there's no way to really tell weapon damage/performance decline by durability alone.

Hope my English said this well enough.

Stay safe!