Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fix Capture Watermelon Event

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I got more rewards afking than actually playing the game.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Join red team or blue team?

7QJw7Us.jpg

Hue.
    Sphyra21Sherripawcalypse
  • LucardLucard
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    Blue is the cooler color XD.

And people whining about elf speed is kind of annoyin'. There's an event goin' on right now that's Giant only, it's nice havin' an event where bein' an elf has the advantage. Besides you can just play the event on your elf if you're so salty about unfair speeds. Also things like Wave Sweeper and Fleet Feet make the speed argument invalid anyway. I myself have neither.

But I do agree that this event wasn't very well thought out. I'd like it if the following changes were made:
    - All members of both teams get a prize with members of the winning team receiving 2 boxes instead of 1.
    - Only team members who have scored 5 or more points for their team can receive a prize box.
    - At 10 min to match end, no new players may join.
    - Style Tab should be disabled (not that I really care about this part but so many people are whining about it. I have no problem tellin' what team people are on)
    - As far as speed goes just disable March Song, Wave Sweeper and Fleet Feet. I see no real reason to reduce elf/giant speed other than to appease salty humans lol
    - And let the event go on all day for cryin' in a bucket! this narrow time window is really silly

Yes, yes I realize I've stepped on some elf-basher toes, but oh well an elf can only take so much ;P

Please even with fleet feet as a human you still get out sped by a giant and can't even catch an elf. Fleet feet humans can only outrun non speed humans. Also, events that are pvp based shouldn't give a race benefits that just unfair. That like making a melee pvp event were duel wielding races would trump the elves that would be unfair.
    Greta
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

And people whining about elf speed is kind of annoyin'. There's an event goin' on right now that's Giant only, it's nice havin' an event where bein' an elf has the advantage. Besides you can just play the event on your elf if you're so salty about unfair speeds. Also things like Wave Sweeper and Fleet Feet make the speed argument invalid anyway. I myself have neither.

But I do agree that this event wasn't very well thought out. I'd like it if the following changes were made:
    - All members of both teams get a prize with members of the winning team receiving 2 boxes instead of 1.
    - Only team members who have scored 5 or more points for their team can receive a prize box.
    - Style Tab should be disabled (not that I really care about this part but so many people are whining about it. I have no problem tellin' what team people are on)
    - As far as speed goes just disable March Song, Wave Sweeper and Fleet Feet. I see no real reason to reduce elf/giant speed other than to appease salty humans lol
    - And let the event go on all day for cryin' in a bucket! this narrow time window is really silly

Yes, yes I realize I've stepped on some elf-basher toes, but oh well an elf can only take so much ;P

Yesyesyesyes please. >u< ^^^^

Gaea wrote: »
    Join red team or blue team?

7QJw7Us.jpg

Hue.

BcjS06l.jpg

Crimsọn
  • LucardLucard
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    Arjune wrote: »
    well I just wasted 30 minutes on a team I was forced onto because the other team was full. this team lost by over 300 points and even though I got 5 points I didn't get a box. Yeah.... such a good event

giphy.gif

Well if you want to avoid wasting time even if your going be on the loser team just come a bit later, since you can join late just I think 5 mins when the match ends is when it locks out new members. But, if your going lose theres a high chance you won't get anything still. Someone ingame said only 1 person on the losing team gets a box.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    This event is just creating more racial tension between giants, elves, and humans. :S
    SherriArchdukeValeCortez
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 12, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    This event is just creating more racial tension between giants, elves, and humans. :S

All lives matter.

Don't ban me.
    Xiokun
  • LouisdesnowLouisdesnow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,060
    I swear, this event is such garbage. Not only is there the complete lack of automatic team-balancing or movement speed equalizing, people could also exploit the fact that those not participating in the event could influence those who are via Shock and March Song. There isn't even a consolation prize for most players on the losing side, even after enduring 35 minutes of this nonsense.
    SherriGreta
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Some people are switching it to Red Team Wins lol

I don't care which way we rig it, I just want to know beforehand.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Lucard wrote: »

Please even with fleet feet as a human you still get out sped by a giant and can't even catch an elf. Fleet feet humans can only outrun non speed humans. Also, events that are pvp based shouldn't give a race benefits that just unfair. That like making a melee pvp event were duel wielding races would trump the elves that would be unfair.

Elves don't have dual-wielding nor FH and Final Shot ain't cuttin' it even if we do get our current level up to 100, that 100% archery aim rate is still heavily reliant on lagless-ness. Again, might I point out that there is a Giants ONLY event goin' on right now?

And to sum up everythin': The doctor didn't smack ya on the butt when you were born and say "Life's gonna be fair."
    Yes this applies both ways.
  • VitulaVitula
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    Considering elves always seem to get shafted in this game, I don't see a problem with their speed for this event. It plays exactly the same as the last time this event was released.. Not sure why people are getting all up in arms about it now.
    Sphyra21
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Vitula wrote: »
    Considering elves always seem to get shafted in this game, I don't see a problem with their speed for this event. It plays exactly the same as the last time this event was released.. Not sure why people are getting all up in arms about it now.

Because they shouldn't make same mistake twice in a row.
  • VitulaVitula
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    Greta wrote: »
    Vitula wrote: »

Because they shouldn't make same mistake twice in a row.

Well obviously the complaints to Nexon itself wasn't enough to make them alter the event.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 17, 2017
    Straw Hats, straw hats, straw hats... Played this mini-game like 5 times and so far i only got those.
    [Deleted User]
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Straw Hats, straw hats, straw hats... Played this mini-game like 5 times and so far i only got those.

You need to afk more. I afked and got the outfit and then the visor right afterwards.
    What did i get for actually playing? The stupid life board like 5 times in a row.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira

You need to afk more. I afked and got the outfit and then the visor right afterwards.
    What did i get for actually playing? The stupid life board like 5 times in a row.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    This event blows.

-For us East Coast, we have to be on at 9 PM for the first slot, and wait or play 30 minutes. That is way too late for a great deal of people in the US. Make it every hour or so.

-People just need to AFK on the winning team than legitimately participate, while those who do participate are rewarded nothing for being on the wrong team. That is a load of bull, especially since it can become apparent early on who can win.

-The lack of team balancing means that AFKing is much more viable since it does not take up slots. However, people on the losing team are less likely to participate for long if the losing gets too heavy. Teams that look balance may fold as the actual number of participants on one side dwindles due to the snowball effect. This makes an Anti AFK Feature incredibly important as well as a balancing act concerning numbers.

-Bards cannot participate and use bard skills, yet people who set up bard parties can only accept members of one particular team on a first serve basis, locking out others from said buff. This is both huge and a bit unfair, since bards get nothing for their services, meaning that there are few willing to do it, and when they are, the dibs makes the fight won before it is fought. Make it so bards can play in matches, or that buffs do nothing.

-Uneven speed boosts with no compensation. Why can't Giants carry two melons, and humans can return stolen watermelons that drop, and elves be the quickest? Or otherwise just nerf it to human speed.

-What is the point of dropping a water melon, really? The effort it takes to turn your own back to your base is too much for no real gain. It is not winning, but slowing down the losses. Make it so that picking up a stolen melon automatically transports it to home base.

-No consolation prize is worst in these events than rewarding players both. I got an idea, why not reward two boxes to the winning team and just one to the losing?

Greta
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited August 17, 2017

How is it giant only, when everyone gets a free card to actually do it? I do not find the comparison palatable. I think you have to walk a mile in someone's shoes, and see that despite wave sweeper and such, Elves have an inherent bonus that cannot be diminished when the equipment is largely all race anyway.

And yes, to appease salty humans. Somehow, it is a bad thing to address inequality in a basic competitive element. Complaining about complaining is inane. Not caring for or being annoyed by isn't a determination of the legitimacy of said complaints, and saying that one should not complain in general is not to address the complaint itself, but a proclamation of your displeasure as if it had anything to do with the argument. Where would we be if we did not complain about this or that?

I do not mean to offend you, I am just sharing my thoughts. If I had been too rough, I apologize for my brusque manner.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited August 17, 2017
    There's a simple solution. Just go play on your elf alt. Why is there even so much discussion on a lame event. This is meant to be a fun side event
    VitulaSphyra21
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555

How is it giant only, when everyone gets a free card to actually do it? I do not find the comparison palatable. I think you have to walk a mile in someone's shoes, and see that despite wave sweeper and such, Elves have an inherent bonus that cannot be diminished when the equipment is largely all race anyway.

And yes, to appease salty humans. Somehow, it is a bad thing to address inequality in a basic competitive element. Complaining about complaining is inane. Not caring for or being annoyed by isn't a determination of the legitimacy of said complaints, and saying that one should not complain in general is not to address the complaint itself, but a proclamation of your displeasure as if it had anything to do with the argument. Where would we be if we did not complain about this or that?

I do not mean to offend you, I am just sharing my thoughts. If I had been too rough, I apologize for my brusque manner.

Uh you have to play as a GIANT? I can't stand playin' as giant (sorry pplz no offense). I prefer speed over power. And as far as wave sweeper and fleet feet go, not everyone has them and I do believe I've seen more humans w/ fleet feet than elves, but that's just a personal observation.

I think the main point here is that those of us who play as elves are tired of hearin' complaints about elves' speed havin' an advantage in an event when ppl could simply play as their alt elf. I play as my alt giant for events if it is worth it.