Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Winter event.

ValenmirValenmir
Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
in General Chat
>.> So.. is there going to be an actual event coming? xD there was nothing at all i seen winter related in the current events.. i was kinda sad and hoping for the Christmas gachupons.. that and well there was an event with it, this its literally just run a dungeon with a bad drop rate on the items and then its hard to actually make the instruments the parts are for.. its disappointing. :C that and we didnt even get the paino like the KR one has.. but ill guess that you will have to spend real money for in some gachupon or it will be 10x hard to get because.. reasons.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nope. Why you need winter event anyway? We got Samhain and Music Appreciation Campaign events now. Maybe we will get winter related event later... All i want is Homestead Candy Bonanza Event now and i really don't want to get Snowball Fight Event, unless there will be nice rewards in there which are not extremely rare.
    Helsa
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited December 28, 2016
    Greta
    Greta said:

Nope. Why you need winter event anyway? We got Samhain and Music Appreciation Campaign events now. Maybe we will get winter related event later... All i want is Homestead Candy Bonanza Event now and i really don't want to get Snowball Fight Event, unless there will be nice rewards in there which are not extremely rare.
    you mean to tell me you think these current 2 events are actually fun?
    These events are so much fun it is the least I've been playing mabi in the past 6 months.
    I'm going to be honest I had more fun going to an oral surgeon to get an extremely badly impacted wisdom tooth extracted then I had with the Samhain event in getting the outfit I wanted.

Personally I'm with the OP what they have given us is pretty damn lame(and doubly agree with the dungeons terrible drop rate).

(are quotes not working right on these stupid new unimproved forums too?)
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited December 28, 2016
    HTML is currently disabled, so quoting will be a little weird, images won't show, you cannot italicize, bold or underline words, you cannot use colored text, etc.

It'll be fixed soon™.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I doubt we will. Speaking of events that we want, I liked that Quiz OX event... thing.
    Add in more outfits though and I'll be all over that.
    I think it was a fun event. c:
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    They are fixing it "soon" lol. It's been like 5 days if not more.
    Helsa
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    They are on Christmas break.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Sherri
    Sherri said:

I doubt we will. Speaking of events that we want, I liked that Quiz OX event... thing.
    Add in more outfits though and I'll be all over that.
    I think it was a fun event. c:
    I agree, the quiz thing was pretty fun.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    We'll see a winter event by the 3rd or the 4th. They are on vacation right now.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Samhain is fun if you wanna make money off of the shop items because no one else wants to do the event lol. I do think that the music update and event has been a wonderful addition and is quite a bit of fun, but I too would love to see a holiday event. At least the holiday login rewards have been pretty excellent :) I adore my lil reindeer pet
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I find the Musical Math dungeon to be annoying to be honest. :P
  • SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560
    [blockquote class="Quote" rel="Lidiya"]

These events are so much fun it is the least I've been playing mabi in the past 6 months.
    I'm going to be honest I had more fun going to an oral surgeon to get an extremely badly impacted wisdom tooth extracted then I had with the Samhain event in getting the outfit I wanted.

Personally I'm with the OP what they have given us is pretty damn lame(and doubly agree with the dungeons terrible drop rate).

(are quotes not working right on these stupid new unimproved forums too?)[/blockquote]

What's that I hear? Someone's not having fun? Better call the cops this is an emergency.

In a more serious manner, We've already got the samhain event and are still reeling from MusicQ update. Chances are they'll bring in winter stuff mid-january. That's generally what they normally do anyways. Also, I don't know about you but the past winter events haven't been anything to write home about, least to me. And being buried in events is worse than an "un-fun" event.

Granted, we're going to have whiners either way because that's what the forums are for. Complaining.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    edited December 28, 2016
    lidiya
    Lidiya said:

Greta
    Greta said:

(are quotes not working right on these stupid new unimproved forums too?)
    I don't know about you but I think making 37m and the potential of making more money just from the Samhain event alone is pretty fun if you ask me. The grinding can get annoying and tedious but it feels really rewarding after you get enough coins each time. If only I don't have finals I could've earn more and more.
    SylviaWolfe
  • ValenmirValenmir
    The music update was nice but.. they made it a hassle to get them.. yea some are easy to get from renown, but their just re-textured ones. The ones that are actually different you have a rare chance of getting from a drop.. its ridiculous :/.. Also now when you type in a name for a scroll, it messes up easy if your not careful. type it out and you already clicked off of it? then when you click on it to fix the title or change it up, You cant. unless im the only one whose getting that. as for the other event.. ;_; i dont see the point in it ..
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    ShouK
    ShouK said:

I don't know about you but I think making 37m and the potential of making more money just from the Samhain event alone is pretty fun if you ask me. The grinding can get annoying and tedious but it feels really rewarding after you get enough coins each time. If only I don't have finals I could've earn more and more.
    Guessing you are selling bags

Gaea said:

I find the Musical Math dungeon to be annoying to be honest. :P
    Agree it's easy, but annoying with the insanely low drop rates, and how long it takes to do for no good reason(due to waiting for 3-9 seconds per hiting each instrument for the popup to come up). I'm not saying getting the mats should be fast, but after running it almost 100 times I still have yet to see a single string, or even that ingredient needed for the wind instruments which is really insane as multiple are needed. I've gotten legendary items in other MMO's that would effect your combat ability drastically with less work then getting these mats that make instruments with a model change, this isn't even counting the mats needed to change their tone which I will admit I did get one of.
    SylviaWolfe
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Winter event would be nice but it's not really needed. We have got a new revamp and an easy music dungeon which is fun and different, which is permanent. And Samhain which is not RNG based and has access to a shop where you can pick and choose what prizes you and want and sell off what you don't want.

Then again, if we end up with a winter event people will just complain about getting another event. See last year: We got this math christmas dungeon that people ran and gave like 100k from the advanced dungeons and SJW were losing their poor-excuse-for-a-mind that the money was FAR to much.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 29, 2016
    @Lidiya Well this is Mabinogi and despite the dismal drop rates, there has to be a reason why you and I stay. There has to be a reason why even after 8 years people still come back. It could be the challenge, or simply nostalgia. The style and environment of this game is just one of those classic things. The same reason I will still play final fantasy 7 every so once in a while.

^_^

I hope they fix the quoting system soon. It's a hot mess. I have stopped trying to quote and have starting just @ing that I wish to respond to. It's much simpler.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    lol.. the only reason i play this game now a days is purely out of boredom and just having nothing else at all to do. :x i would have loved to get the new instruments but its to much of a hassle
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    On the topic of a winter event, we've never had a Winter dungeon in Par yet, have we?

It wouldn't be too hard to re-do the mobs in there in a unique way...would it?

SylviaWolfe
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    "On the topic of a winter event, we've never had a Winter dungeon in Par yet, have we?

It wouldn't be too hard to re-do the mobs in there in a unique way...would it?" ~KingEphy

I would be so excited to see Iria get some love!! This pls :3

• PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited December 29, 2016
    Devcat has decided that our Christmas tradition is Halloween. 

Makes me think of Homestarruner's "Decemberween".