Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why does Nexon hate North American players?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 12, 2017
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I don't really like Gachas OuO I mostly want outfits and chairs and stuff. Wings too <3

If they made all that stuff in shopping bags they'd fly off the shelves but I don't think that'd ever happen -3-

We've stated this for years, that they would profit more if limited items would be directly purchasable.

I COMPLETELY AGREE

I wanted those Pink Blooming Wings.. guess how much they are on Mari?

40-60m ... Prolly more now... Kill me, my poor soul doesn't have gacha burning money lol.

I'm sure the Mabinogi players of Korea have plenty of it. 9dnGeIh.png

lolno

But yeeeah, it would be so much easier if they didn't rely on gachas and actually let us buy what we wanted. Plus it would stabilize the economy in game. :)

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID

Yeah! That's what she said!

It totally would stabilize the economy.

c1e68d0849782f708e2f7fd9a3190fa65bedba22586b3b2884df617a566057c5.gif
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Moderators looking at the forum
    evil-plotting.gif

De4WX.gif

I still think they don't care despite what Aquasol says. lol. :D

Taboo topic anyone?
    pawcalypse
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    But yeeeah, it would be so much easier if they didn't rely on gachas and actually let us buy what we wanted. Plus it would stabilize the economy in game. :)

It would hammer their bottom line, though. People would just drop $10 and get what they want, rather than keep shoveling money into the fire until they finally get that new shiny thing to indulge their neophilia for a few days. Nexon needs that Skinner box business model to keep their stockholders happy.

• AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    Shaeli wrote: »

It would hammer their bottom line, though. People would just drop $10 and get what they want, rather than keep shoveling money into the fire until they finally get that new shiny thing to indulge their neophilia for a few days. Nexon needs that Skinner box business model to keep their stockholders happy.

People wont buy gachas as frequently, but we never said do away with them completely. The OP gear and other new stuff will be there, just newer outfits will be available through bags. Hell, maybe even make those slightly more costly as well.
    Sherri
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    TNinja wrote: »
    Criticism is against most forum rules so, more or less.

Not that it has stopped anyone from doing so.

If anything the negativity against Nexon should die down. The game hasn't gone offline, so everyone could calm down and work together to make this place happier, which would lead to more success. Especially getting Nexon KR to see we really love this game and are willing to make it work out.

Of course there will always be jerks, but it is sorta our fault because most people turn a blind eye to those things. People who stand by and watch stuff happen are considered part of the problem ._. "I didn't do anything!" Yeah, well doing nothing doesn't help either. I've had my share of that...

Mini rant.

I honestly think if we all came together and fought for this in a positive manner, we'd get a lot farther than bringing this up on the forum. Negativity doesn't get you anywhere, neither does force.

Maybe bringing this up during the streams and asking if they've made a request for the newer content would help clear up this misunderstanding.

I haven't been on this forum for as long as most people here, but generally, people only turn sour when either positive critism doesn't work, or the lack of common sense from the developers/publisher's side are lacking.

I'll take a guess that this game has gone through both examples and people started to get tired.

From my side, our server was neglected, and eventually shut down. Try singing happy praises after that. I'm sure that'll revive the server.

I'm going to threat any game as any artist in the world. If they can't take criticism, they should reconsider their career path.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    My only worst fear is wings @ direct purchase price would be 500$+ and Event/Collab Rank SS tiers items are 1000$+. Oh gawd...I remember in one of Nexon's other games(*cough* DN *cough*) it req 700$+ direct purchase just to get a Pony and a tiny wing that servers no purpose other than Aesthetic.

Something inside me died that day...

Kare-Kano-Anime-Freaked-Out-Double-Take-Gif.gif

• AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Rhey wrote: »
    My only worst fear is wings @ direct purchase price would be 500$+ and Event/Collab Rank SS tiers items are 1000$+. Oh gawd...I remember in one of Nexon's other games(*cough* DN *cough*) it req 700$+ direct purchase just to get a Pony and a tiny wing that servers no purpose other than Aesthetic.

They may be a tad more expensive, but I'm sure customers would flat out complain if they made them that much more expensive.
  • RheyRhey

They may be a tad more expensive, but I'm sure customers would flat out complain if they made them that much more expensive.

Everyone did at first...but then people started opening their wallets left and right. It's like Dope... Once Ur hooked, U'll pay any price.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz

Everyone did at first...but then people started opening their wallets left and right. It's like Dope... Once Ur hooked, U'll pay any price.

I doubt it. Spending money is a habit and all, but I would hope they wouldn't spend money they don't have so easily.
  • RheyRhey

I doubt it. Spending money is a habit and all, but I would hope they wouldn't spend money they don't have so easily.

Logically...yes. But Imagined my shock when I logged in to see a few hundred people already walking around with that 700$ package...
    omfg.gif
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz

Logically...yes. But Imagined my shock when I logged in to see a few hundred people already walking around with that 700$ package...
    omfg.gif

Well let's just hope they don't do that to Mabi. I'd be upset if they twisted these ideals to such an extent. That's not what this was for.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I don't think that Nexon hates their audience outside of Asia...I just think they seriously undervalue us. They don't make very many strong attempts to attract new players, there are lots of content upgrades (Flight in Tir and Dunbarton, VIP service updates...) that have yet to see the light of day in our neck of the web, and they often port over content better suited to the server population (dungeon drop rates, the sheep wolf event with those terrible drop rates for the transformation medals) or online game spending customs (gotchas with mostly junk and really low drop rates for uber gear) of their original market but not to Westerners' spending habits or the NA servers' populations.

All Nexon needs to do to improve this game's performance in North America is to give us the improvements that Korea has (the updated VIP service, flight in Tir and Dunbarton, the in-game wiki), do some market research in order to better tailor their monetization strategy to appeal to Westerners, do some more market research and get their ad guys to whip up some good promos for the English version of the game, and make an effort to tailor drop rates for event and dungeon rewards for the NA server's lower population in the meantime. It'll take time, money, and effort on both sides of the Pacific to do it, but investing time, effort, and money is how you make more money.

...Well, that's my two cents anyway. Try not to roast me too badly if you think I'm being dumb. ^_^

I wonder if they think the in-game wiki would be viable for us due to how much translating they would have to do before they send it our way. If it's similar to the Mabinogi World Wiki that we use, that would be a LOT of information and I can see that taking a long time to translate accurately.

Does anyone know what update in Korea the flight in Tir and Dunbarton thing came up in? I know we're a few updates behind so perhaps it's on the horizon for us.
    pawcalypseDanievictria
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oh boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :o

yNiBv8S.gif
    [Deleted User]AtaraxizpawcalypseSherri
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Greta wrote: »
    Oh boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :o

yNiBv8S.gif

Kek you amuse me xD
    [Deleted User]
  • Unwanted2Unwanted2
    Mabinogi Rep: 805
    edited August 14, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Well f2p principle.
    Frustrate the player enough so they are forced to pay.
    If the player base is happy then they are not milking people hard enough.

Of course Nexon needs money to develop and keep up the game
    So they sell cash shop items, and cosmetic items in gachapons/shopping bags
    That's how I see 'adequate' f2p service - and playerbase will be happy at this point
    But when they release game breaking stuff in gachapons
    or renew gachapon every 2 week
    I call it milking off from players

...Or do they have to be that desperate to keep up....?
    AtaraxizpawcalypseSherri
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    I still think they'd make more money off of selling outfits and wings in bags I stead of in Gachas. People would buy multiple of these and it would help the economy in game.

After all, it's not just old items in demand. It's the new ones too. How many of you guy the outfit you wanted when a new gacha came out? How many even tried?

I think Nexon should at least give it a shot. Great things can come out of new ideals, especially the unexpected.
    Sherri
  • CscrimsonCscrimson
    Mabinogi Rep: 670
    edited August 14, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2/mabinogi-forums-code-of-conduct
    Sabina wrote:
    Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt (FUD)
    - Do not to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) on the forums. This includes making claims on what Nexon’s actions intentions are.

Back-seat moderating is bad for your health.

Hypocrisy thy name is Hardmuscle.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Leinei wrote: »
    I don't think that Nexon hates their audience outside of Asia...I just think they seriously undervalue us. They don't make very many strong attempts to attract new players, there are lots of content upgrades (Flight in Tir and Dunbarton, VIP service updates...) that have yet to see the light of day in our neck of the web, and they often port over content better suited to the server population (dungeon drop rates, the sheep wolf event with those terrible drop rates for the transformation medals) or online game spending customs (gotchas with mostly junk and really low drop rates for uber gear) of their original market but not to Westerners' spending habits or the NA servers' populations.

All Nexon needs to do to improve this game's performance in North America is to give us the improvements that Korea has (the updated VIP service, flight in Tir and Dunbarton, the in-game wiki), do some market research in order to better tailor their monetization strategy to appeal to Westerners, do some more market research and get their ad guys to whip up some good promos for the English version of the game, and make an effort to tailor drop rates for event and dungeon rewards for the NA server's lower population in the meantime. It'll take time, money, and effort on both sides of the Pacific to do it, but investing time, effort, and money is how you make more money.

...Well, that's my two cents anyway. Try not to roast me too badly if you think I'm being dumb. ^_^

I wonder if they think the in-game wiki would be viable for us due to how much translating they would have to do before they send it our way. If it's similar to the Mabinogi World Wiki that we use, that would be a LOT of information and I can see that taking a long time to translate accurately.

Does anyone know what update in Korea the flight in Tir and Dunbarton thing came up in? I know we're a few updates behind so perhaps it's on the horizon for us.

Flying update came with giant update.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »

Flying update came with giant update.

RIP flying in Tir.
    pawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Huh, it did? Maybe we can ask about it during the next twitch stream Saygo and the guys have. Maybe there was a technical issue with it... was there anything else from the Giant update we didn't get?
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited August 14, 2017
    I still think they'd make more money off of selling outfits and wings in bags I stead of in Gachas. People would buy multiple of these and it would help the economy in game.

Well it would make it so people could actually get the new outfits without having to sell their car, and get a mortgage on their house as you almost have to do with the current gacha system. This might actually make people happy, and they might actually stay as they won't get fed up with getting worthless garbage from the gachas, and nothing really added to the actual game.

Side note the stuff in the game... even the new giant stuff I ran SM's over 100 times, and got 3-4 mats for the new gear... yea fun...