Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Crossover Events

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Crossover events? For what? To waste money again on gachas? Lol.

We didn't say anything about Gachas ouo We're just brainstorming ideas for Crossover events. We were talking about the general game.

Well the last time they did crossover there wasn't any mini-games or anything like that, only stuff were added in gachas... So yeah...

I don't even remember the last cross over event xD I remember Fates, that's all.

There was Utawarerumono :P

Ahh, yeah I payed no attention to that stuff xD Pretty hairs and all, I just didn't care all that much. I got a couple of the outfits from friends, but nothing else, really.

Yeah, pretty much same. The only best thing in that crossover event was Kokopo pet :D
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910

Yeah, pretty much same. The only best thing in that crossover event was Kokopo pet :D

Yeppp I still want one of those. I do t have a single mount that can carry more than one person ;-;
    Faithrend
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    ONE PUNCH MAN! =D
    GretaAtaraxizFaithrend
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Leinei wrote: »
    ONE PUNCH MAN! =D

Saitama .^.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited August 13, 2017
    Call me crazy but has anyone noticed that some costumes and hair styles look similar to the Romeo x Juliet anime? That anime came out during the same time Mabinogi premiered. Besides the obvious Generations 13 to 16, which shared similar outfits and even concepts (ex: Romeo x Juliet has Escalus, in Belvast the game have the Wishing Tree; Claudius looks almost the same as the Prince of Neo Verona).
    Maybe the game has always had a crossover in a sneaky way - who knows we may have other forms of media in the game, especially for NPCs with weird backstories.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    edited August 13, 2017
    I would like Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm but I don't think it's popular enough haha...
  • HowenhiemHowenhiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    edited August 13, 2017
    i pray every night for a Full Metal Alchemist/Naruto/Bleach crossover before i go to sleep. foreverrip
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited August 13, 2017
    This thread is filled with so much cancer....

Not everyone has to like what others do. Please respect everyone's opinions.

Rhey wrote: »
    This thread is filled with so much cancer....

I only asked 4 what has already been implemented overseas. I could careless if we ever collab with anything else/at all. Just...if other regions get it don't leave us out of it. :(

I feel like if we didn't do new cross over events, it wouldn't be as fun. If we did just everything Asia does, I feel like it would be bland because we already get sneak peaks and all that jazz by looking at the other web pages.

You DO know what crossover events end up being, right?

A shameful cash grab and events that barely provide any lasting effect on the game, and weaboos who come so they can dress up like their favorite characters, only to leave the game once the event ends because they fail to realize just how unique Mabinogi is on its own.

So, I'm pessimistic about this because I know that the game could benefit from a lot of things that aren't crossovers, and that crossovers in general are nothing but a cash grab.
    ShaeliTwelie
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Well the last time they did crossover there wasn't any mini-games or anything like that, only stuff were added in gachas... So yeah...

Yeah that was a big fat waste of a crossover.

Fate UBW + Mabi came with an event and a mini-game.
    SAO + Mabi came with multiple side events and OP titles that I still use regularly.
    Vocaloids + Mabi came with Best Hairstyle, a roulette mini-game and Free VIP event.

Even the reoccurring Maple + Mabi events are more interesting than just adding a gacha.

Speaking of Free VIP events, I think we're long overdue for one. Let's go pester some GMs for it =w=
    Ataraxiz
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    edited August 13, 2017
    A shameful cash grab and events that barely provide any lasting effect on the game, and weaboos who come so they can dress up like their favorite characters, only to leave the game once the event ends because they fail to realize just how unique Mabinogi is on its own.
    So, I'm pessimistic about this because I know that the game could benefit from a lot of things that aren't crossovers, and that crossovers in general are nothing but a cash grab

yes weaboos will come and join the game to see and do the event that's a good thing it means we would be getting new players yes a good chunk of them may leave once the event ends but some might stay in the end we could end up with new players with a crossover event.
    Yes lot of them will most likely have anime names and dress up in the outfits but boo hoo let them have their fun.

a shameful cash grab you mean like gacha.
    Events that have no lasting effect on the game sorry but that's not really the point of an event in the first place that's why it's an event and not permanent content however i will agree the events we have had for crossovers lately have been kinda bad or just didn't have an event.
    AtaraxizGretaFaithrend
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    at this rate Konosuba seems pretty fitting for mabi lmao
    or even danmachi?

I can already see Aqua or Hestia next to Nao aha..

Well, they're pretty much doing that once dance move Mabi already has...
    giphy-downsized-large.gif
    Nah, they weren't big enough blockbuster hits to make it on here although they were entertaining.
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I would like Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm but I don't think it's popular enough haha...

It was an anime like most anime with potential that lacked perfection to make it big.
    Kokoro
  • OlliebirdOlliebird
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    I just honestly wish they'd bring the Fullmetal Alchemist event here. I would die for that. Seriously it's my favorite anime of all time.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Olliebird wrote: »
    I just honestly wish they'd bring the Fullmetal Alchemist event here. I would die for that. Seriously it's my favorite anime of all time.

I still need to watch that.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited August 16, 2017

They(Nexon NA) had 2 CHANCES and they didn't take it. :(

Just 2 chances?
    I'd say every day is a chance wasted. ;)
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175

Just 2 chances?
    I'd say every day is a chance wasted. ;)

When the hype was here ofc. :*
    Kensamaofmari
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Let us be fair, most of the players here just want cool outfits. Me included. :)
    SebastianTwelie
    Let us be fair, most of the players here just want cool outfits. Me included. :)

+ gear as bonus