Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Advice on Reforges

HowenhiemHowenhiem
Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
edited August 14, 2017 in Help
I just reforged a Demonic lance and got charge damage 19 level (not lance charge) is this a good reforge for an item like this? should i keep it or should i be going for something else?

Comments

• courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    edited August 14, 2017
    I have a few thoughts to your question.

First and foremost you should be asking yourself what you plan to do with the lance for your own character. Do you plan to use it in combat? Sell it? Or keep it for a rainy day, casual everyday use?

Secondly, once you figure out what you plan to do with the lance you should ask yourself "Will I be using this for charge alot, or would I prefer to go for maybe smash or windmill damage for AoE attacks? Would I like an elemental reforge for more damage on elemental mobs"?

So, to expand on my answer to you, charge 19 dmg is a high numbered roll, but will it benefit YOU? If you're looking to sell the lance for a good reforge, you could probably net a decent profit for the lance, although I don't know what server you are on.

Keep in mind double reforged weapons sell for ALOT more. So say you got lance charge 19 + an elemental like fire,ice,lightning it would definitely do much better on the market compared to just the charge 19. If it were me I would go for lance charge damage instead of just charge damage as it will boost your own character with damage if you choose to keep it instead of sell it, but it's up to you if you want to keep using reforges on it.

Hope that helps, and if anyone else wants to expand on this feel free C:

(originally I read your post wrong and I missed the "not" in "not lance charge" but either way my answer applies c: )
  • HowenhiemHowenhiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    courtneyy wrote: »
    I have a few thoughts to your question.

First and foremost you should be asking yourself what you plan to do with the lance for your own character. Do you plan to use it in combat? Sell it? Or keep it for a rainy day, casual everyday use?

Secondly, once you figure out what you plan to do with the lance you should ask yourself "Will I be using this for charge alot, or would I prefer to go for maybe smash or windmill damage for AoE attacks? Would I like an elemental reforge for more damage on elemental mobs"?

So, to expand on my answer to you, charge 19 dmg is a high numbered roll, but will it benefit YOU? If you're looking to sell the lance for a good reforge, you could probably net a decent profit for the lance, although I don't know what server you are on.

Keep in mind double reforged weapons sell for ALOT more. So say you got lance charge 19 + an elemental like fire,ice,lightning it would definitely do much better on the market compared to just the charge 19. If it were me I would go for lance charge damage instead of just charge damage as it will boost your own character with damage if you choose to keep it instead of sell it, but it's up to you if you want to keep using reforges on it.

Hope that helps, and if anyone else wants to expand on this feel free C:

(originally I read your post wrong and I missed the "not" in "not lance charge" but either way my answer applies c: )

thanks but kinda wanted to know more if i should go for lance charge damage on a lance or keep the charge 19 stat cause its high but i should of clarified that more lmao
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I'll be honest...anything other than wm/smash/ele on a lance is not worth the keep. Just re-roll it unless U plan to make a niche lance for situational uses.
  • logomyegologomyego
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    Yea, reroll it. Charge is great and all, but if you're using a lance, you will use Lance Charge instead, because it does more damage. Go for ele reforge, unless you want it solely for content where ele doesn't work.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    And also because Lance Charge and Charge share the same cooldown, so you can't combo with them anyways
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    You forgot about max attack reforge too.